1232 users online (190 members and 1042 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

General - RESPECTFUL - Political Discussion

Can we PLEASE discuss current political events in a mutually respectful manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Can we PLEASE discuss current political events in a mutually respectful manner?
    not going to happen under the current rules for this forum, personally i think they should be amended to disallow blatant trolling and hostility, but as it stands now that is allowed.

luckily the people who are only interested in acting that way are pretty easy to identify so just put them on ignore or learn to laugh at them, trying to engage them will not work.

I hope it'll work. We have many mutual interests, trying times and a very unconventional administration. Surely we agree on SOME things?

I hope it'll work. We have many mutual interests, trying times and a very unconventional administration. Surely we agree on SOME things?
    As we are all humans one would think so.

I can no longer stomach the racist anti human agenda of the present administration. I am not alone in being no longer interested in listening to things that are so horrifying to others . Comments about blacks, Mexicans, Muslims. It makes me sick. Not interested in trying to be polite.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I can no longer stomach the racist anti human agenda of the present administration. I am not alone in being no longer interested in listening to things that are so horrifying to others . Comments about blacks, Mexicans, Muslims. It makes me sick. Not interested in trying to be polite.
    We must be polite. Didn't Trump bomb Syria because of the babies?

I will give anyone the time of day to present rational human interest without bringing in a political side. I just don't think its possible for most people. It seems there is a left and an right and there is no human side.

I'm absoluelty willing to accept I"m wrong and actually hope I'm wrong!

We must be polite. Didn't Trump bomb Syria because of the babies?
    Why is that funny?

(No snark - honest question.)
    Silence means security, silence means approval.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Why is that funny?

(No snark - honest question.)
    It's only funny because DT said we should not intervene in Syria. Does anyone truly believe he cares about those Syrian babies?

It's only funny because DT said we should not intervene in Syria. Does anyone truly believe he cares about those Syrian babies?
    Ah, gotchya. Thanks.

And no, I know he doesn't.

There are babies being murdered and raped and exploited all over the world - including right here in the USA. Does anyone really believe DT gives a carp about that?

There are babies being murdered and raped and exploited all over the world - including right here in the USA. Does anyone really believe DT gives a carp about that?
    Have we ever seen him do a single thing to suggest he does? Nope.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    not going to happen under the current rules for this forum, personally i think they should be amended to disallow blatant trolling and hostility, but as it stands now that is allowed.

luckily the people who are only interested in acting that way are pretty easy to identify so just put them on ignore or learn to laugh at them, trying to engage them will not work.
    For once we are going to allow adults to discuss something on Websleuths without hardcore moderation. Why? Because there is no way to truly moderate a forum like this without out all kinds of problems and we do not have the mod power to sit on a forum 24/7 which is what you would need to do on this type of discussion.

As I said in my opening post you need a tough skin to be in this forum. You need to put people on ignore and learn how to scroll by.

If someone is truly disrupting the forum we will handle it but just because someone disagrees with you and is very strong in their opinion does not a troll make.

No name calling. That is our number one rule.

If you feel what we are doing is wrong you certainly do not need to be in this forum.

I would encourage anyone to start their own political discussion on Facebook or somewhere else and then try and moderate it. Good Luck.

Just because we are not heavily moderating this forum does not mean we are not present. We should be able to catch any trolls or major disruption.

If you feel someone is truly disrupting this forum email us at politivent@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    For once we are going to allow adults to discuss something on Websleuths without hardcore moderation. Why? Because there is no way to truly moderate a forum like this without out all kinds of problems and we do not have the mod power to sit on a forum 24/7 which is what you would need to do on this type of discussion.

As I said in my opening post you need a tough skin to be in this forum. You need to put people on ignore and learn how to scroll by.

If someone is truly disrupting the forum we will handle it but just because someone disagrees with you and is very strong in their opinion does not a troll make.

No name calling. That is our number one rule.

If you feel what we are doing is wrong you certainly do not need to be in this forum.

I would encourage anyone to start their own political discussion on Facebook or somewhere else and then try and moderate it. Good Luck.

Just because we are not heavily moderating this forum does not mean we are not present. We should be able to catch any trolls or major disruption.

If you feel someone is truly disrupting this forum email us at politivent@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Tricia
    sounds like you took my post overly personal, it wasnt meant to be critical of the rules, i was merely stating the facts of the situation as i saw them.

since you quoted my post im going to assume your reply is meant specifically for me, and with that i will say - so long, it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by drjones View Post
    sounds like you took my post overly personal, it wasnt meant to be critical of the rules, i was merely stating the facts of the situation as i saw them.

since you quoted my post im going to assume your reply is meant specifically for me, and with that i will say - so long, it was fun.
    I don't always agree with Tricia. I'm thinking she is just saying we are all adults and that this thread should be "self moderated" to a point and she didn't mean anything toward you specifically.

But I'm always open to being wrong.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast