Found Deceased Australia - Jillian Fahey, 50, Crookwell, NSW, 16 April 2017

symbah

Reaction score
Jillian went missing from the Crookwell/Laggan farming district on Easter Sunday.
Her family are distraught and say her disappearance is out of character.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/4604880/police-search-for-missing-woman/

Jillian Fahey, aged 50, was last seen by family members at home in Crookwell, about 10.30am on Sunday, with attempts to contact her being unsuccessful.
On Monday, officers attached to The Hume Local Area Command with assistance from, police rescue, PolAir and others helped to search a property on Cummins Road, Laggan.
The search concluded about 6pm, due to poor conditions.
Local police with assistance from State Emergency Services (SES) volunteers resumed their search about 8am Tuesday.
Ms Fahey is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 160cm tall, of thin build, fair complexion, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/4618039/crookwell-community-supports-fahey-family/

Cr McCormack said Ms Fahey was a bubbly person and her family was long time residents of Laggan. Her mother, Dawn worked in the local pharmacy for many years and her father, Errol was a fencing contractor.

“They are very well respected. I couldn’t find enough good words to say about them,” he told The Post.
He urged anyone with information to contact police or the family.

r0_0_425_538_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
Jillian Fahey has been missing since Easter Sunday.

Meantime, Ms Fahey’s children Taegan, Carli and Josh appeared on Seven news on Sunday night.

Taegan said she “just wanted her (mum) to come back.” Jillian had failed to return for a family lunch after driving home from Crookwell on the Sunday morning. She was last seen in the town at 10.30am.

“It’s just bizarre. It’s like a dream and not like her at all,” she said.

Taegan had gone to the property, where she found the gate and house locked and left an Easter present on the door handle.
Carli also told Seven news that it “was so unlike her (mother) not to contact someone.”
Police, SES and volunteers have searched more than 60 square kilometres, including 250km of rural roads.
In a Facebook post, Taegan said Carli and Josh had been “swimming in freezing neighbouring dams” looking for their mother.

“We followed a medium around the property because we are out of ideas,” she wrote.

“I spoke to her every day in text at least. She can’t just disappear. Nobody can just disappear into thin air.”

Police confirmed Ms Fahey did not take any personal belongings with her

This is close enough to me.
I'd like to relay that Jillian's children are suffering terribly with not knowing what's happened to they're Mum and are desperate for information.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/4614280/police-shift-focus-in-search-for-missing-woman/

Police, SES, family and friends have undertaken an extensive search of her Cummins Road, Laggan property and beyond over the past week.
Sergeant Scott Marsh said the police search ended on Friday, when divers looked through numerous dams and waterways on the 600-acre property.
“We have now moved into an investigation phase where detectives will be looking at phone and bank records and the like,” he said.
He said police decided to stop the search given the very large area already covered by ground personnel and helicopters. This had included 250km of rural roads. The SES also stopped searching on Friday. However family and friends are continuing.
“They are intent on continuing to look because this is their loved one and they won’t rest until they have a conclusion,” Sergeant Marsh said.
Police have revealed Ms Fahey did not take any belongings with her, including her wallet, when she disappeared. Her mobile phone has been switched off the entire time. They hold concerns for her mental health but say she is physically fit, often walking 15 to 20km at a time.

bbm

Just clarifying its been reported Jillian's mobile was the only possession not left with her belongings upon return from Crookwell to the property at Laggan.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/4614280/police-shift-focus-in-search-for-missing-woman/

It said she was last seen at Crookwell at 10.30am Sunday.
“She headed home to Laggan, left her car in the garage there, took only her phone with her, not even her wallet.
“...We feel it's not likely that she is in the area now. Possibly has even been picked up by someone. So please try to get her picture out far and wide. Our hearts are breaking.”

This is worrying. Sorry but I'm a little confused it says last seen at home 10.30 but also failed to return home after leaving town at 10.30 ? I don't know the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is worrying. Sorry but I'm a little confused it says last seen at home 10.30 but also failed to return home after leaving town at 10.30 ? I don't know the area.

Thank you Horror, yes it is very worrying and somewhat confusing.

I am familiar with the area.

Jillian lives on a 600acre property outside the town of Crookwell and in the other direction aprox 40k's from Goulburn.

She was last seen at 10.30am on Easter Sunday in Crookwell, then apparently returned to her Laggan property.

From what I can gather, she was due to return to a family Easter lunch back toward Crookwell, however, she did not make it.

Instead, her car was found back at the Laggan property with the gate on the entrance to the property locked up. Her handbag was left with the car and only her phone was missing.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/04/24/we-want-you-back-family-tell-nsw-mum

Jillian Fahey, 50, hasn't been seen since she left her large property near Crookwell, about 40 kilometres northwest of Goulburn, a week ago.

A 60 square kilometre search by police and SES officers, which began on Easter Monday, has so far failed to find any trace of the mother of three.

Daughter Taegan Faye on Sunday told the Seven Network: "I just want her to come back."
"It's just bizarre, it's like a dream, it's not like her at all," Taegan said.

Ms Fahey failed to return for a family lunch after going for a walk around her sprawling rural property.

The Seven Network says detectives are investigating whether Ms Fahey may have met someone online in the days before she disappeared.

Thank you Horror, yes it is very worrying and somewhat confusing.

I am familiar with the area.

Jillian lives on a 600acre property outside the town of Crookwell and in the other direction aprox 40k's from Goulburn.

She was last seen at 10.30am on Easter Sunday in Crookwell, then apparently returned to her Laggan property.

From what I can gather, she was due to return to a family Easter lunch back toward Crookwell, however, she did not make it.

Instead, her car was found back at the Laggan property with the gate on the entrance to the property locked up. Her handbag was left with the car and only her phone was missing.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/04/24/we-want-you-back-family-tell-nsw-mum

Jillian Fahey, 50, hasn't been seen since she left her large property near Crookwell, about 40 kilometres northwest of Goulburn, a week ago.

A 60 square kilometre search by police and SES officers, which began on Easter Monday, has so far failed to find any trace of the mother of three.

Daughter Taegan Faye on Sunday told the Seven Network: "I just want her to come back."
"It's just bizarre, it's like a dream, it's not like her at all," Taegan said.

Ms Fahey failed to return for a family lunch after going for a walk around her sprawling rural property.

The Seven Network says detectives are investigating whether Ms Fahey may have met someone online in the days before she disappeared.

That makes more sense maybe the two mentions of home is her own and the other an immediately family member home. What a worry it sounds like maybe she returned home and left on foot or someone had picked her up ? 600 acres is a large property. The fact that she is in daily contact with children isn't good. Hopefully for some reason she is having time out. Fingers crossed. Strange to have taken her phone though and had it switch off while time. Why take it ?

That makes more sense maybe the two mentions of home is her own and the other an immediately family member home. What a worry it sounds like maybe she returned home and left on foot or someone had picked her up ? 600 acres is a large property. The fact that she is in daily contact with children isn't good. Hopefully for some reason she is having time out. Fingers crossed. Strange to have taken her phone though and had it switch off while time. Why take it ?

Time out without taking her car seems strange however not impossible if organised a pick up. The Laggan property is rather isolated though and she was expected back at the family lunch meeting. Other family members live at the property too. Jillian was also fit and often walked quite a lot of k's at a time.

http://www.theland.com.au/story/4614280/police-shift-focus-in-search-for-missing-woman/?cs=4951

“We have now moved into an investigation phase where detectives will be looking at phone and bank records and the like,” he said.
He said police decided to stop the search given the very large area already covered by ground personnel and helicopters. This had included 250km of rural roads. The SES also stopped searching on Friday. However family and friends are continuing.
“They are intent on continuing to look because this is their loved one and they won’t rest until they have a conclusion,” Sergeant Marsh said.
Police have revealed Ms Fahey did not take any belongings with her, including her wallet, when she disappeared. Her mobile phone has been switched off the entire time. They hold concerns for her mental health but say she is physically fit, often walking 15 to 20km at a time.

So I am thinking
1- a brisk walk before lunch, would make sense the phone is of as it may just be taken for emergency but what happened that meant she didn't use it. Either instant health issue or mine shafts etc the family seem to have done extensive searches.
2 - someone has picked her up but strange not to take your purse bag.

We may need sleuthing reinforcements on this one

Of particular worry is that police are concerned for her mental health :( I really feel for her children left with not knowing whats happened to her :(

I know its been stated that her phone has been switched off, but I don't think theres much mobile coverage out there, if any.

This is just so awful. I can't imagine how the family are coping with the shock and the not knowing. I live in a similar rural community nearby. Thank goodness the community will be being an amazing support for them. My thoughts are with them all the time. I hope this much loved mother can return to her family soon.

No news, keeping Jillian and her family in my thoughts.

:( nothing new from what I have been able to find. Hoping Jillian is found soon.

Police explore phone records in Jillian Fahey search

1 May 2017, 3:27 p.m.

Goulburn Detective Sergeant Matt Woods said police were examining bank records, checking for any social media activity and transport hubs.
He said while Ms Fahey had her mobile phone with her, it had not been turned on.
“We are in contact with the telecommunications company and are awaiting call charge records,” he said.
Police are also re-interviewing the family as a matter of course.

http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/4632065/police-search-for-jillian-ongoing/

Although the search has cooled it's good to note that Detectives are still in active investigation mode.

It seems they are casting the net wide and looking at the case from many angles.

It would be so easy to wrap it up as a tragic self-harm event.
But IMO Jillian deserves a diligent investigation so that whatever has happened she is found and the truth is known.

I feel like I need to write something just to show that Jillian is in the thoughts and hearts of so many people and her family are still beside themselves. Her children didn't have her for Mother's Day yesterday and she has been gone one month. I hope they get closure soon.

I feel like I need to write something just to show that Jillian is in the thoughts and hearts of so many people and her family are still beside themselves. Her children didn't have her for Mother's Day yesterday and she has been gone one month. I hope they get closure soon.

My Mom passed on Easter Sunday (same day Ms Fahey went missing)
and I am very sad and heartbroken; but this case is an entirely different
level of heartbreak, for this poor family. :(
Prayers she is found soon, and the family will find peace.

Very sorry for you, grief is a horrific state for our souls and it's like a continuous wave we travel on. Hugs.
I keep popping in here to see if her family have answers x

Sweetheart, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I truly understand the pain.
Your mum's love doesn't go away, she walks beside you everyday.

Firstly Jillian sounds like she is a young and fit 50 year old.
If she has died on the farm it could be as simple as a snake bite or a swarm of bees.

The many problems farmers have is the lonliness and the hardship. It would be handy to know if her husband died recently and was she coping without him.
I'm wondering also if she relied soley on the farm was surviving enough to keep her or was she self funded retiree or she was fearful her funds were slowly dwindeling. Did she have a mortgage? Yes so many questions.
I'd sincerely hope she didn't take her life.
OK 600 acres is a large parcel and if it was an old working farm there could have been a well she might have fell into. If the police don't suspect suicide they will usually work from the inside out....starting with the family.

http://www.crookwellgazette.com.au/story/4661756/fahey-missing-for-one-month/?cs=621

It has been one month since Laggan district woman Jillian Fahey disappeared.
The search continues for the 50-year-old, who was last seen in Crookwell on Easter Sunday, April 16, at about 10.30am.
Police have not had any new leads or information on Ms Fahey’s whereabouts, so are still urging members of the public with any knowledge of her to come forward.
On social media website Facebook, local and out-of-district followers have shared photos of Ms Fahey in a bid to help find her.

Many have used her photo (above) as their personal profile photo.
An online ******** account was set up on April 18 to raise money for the search party. Almost 50 people have donated $3360 in the past month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back