1183 users online (179 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.gartley View Post
    Good point. If some person was walking in front of BG, but equidistant from the sides as BG, the bottom of whatever the blue feature is seems consistent with the bottom of BG's sleeve. Is this what you saw also? I drew a line along the bridge side indicating the forward motion along bridge direction.

In other words, if BG was further along his walking path in the image, it seems as though the bottom of his sleeve would be close to the bottom of the blue feature on the left side of the image. IMO.

What do you think?
    I think it would be hard to calculate his height from her even if that is part of her hoodie unless you know how far apart they are. It looks like you used parallel lines for your comparison, but that's not taking perspective into account. The farther away the object is, the closer together the two lines would be. The bottom of the blue line would also be closer to the ground if it were her, unless there was quite a bit if distance between the bottom of the line and the part of the bridge you can see (she's close, but we're seeing a more distant part of the bridge.

I guess I'll stop at that, I think I'm probably causing more confusion with everything I say trying to clarify!

MOO
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Image from the FBI's page, sorry if already posted, still catching up but in case I forget:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-i...igail-williams
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bird of Paradise is offline Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    I don't think it has to have her teetering on the edge of the bridge if she was standing on one of the side platforms.
    BBM & Snipped for space

Side platform. Your rendering brings the theory into focus now for me. I believe LE estimated the distance between Libby and the BG. I'm assuming you have all those numbers as well.

Ok so here's another may I pick your brain....some feel LE was in a rush to get the images out and overlooked the (possible) Abby sleeve. Would do you think of that? I have always felt they wouldn't have been that sloppy. JMO
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Paradise View Post
    Thanks, wasn't sure if you were aware of the other photo since they are only distributing the one where he is leaning.
    Thanks. I was curious why, ISP initially put out two photos on Feb 15th, then only the first photo was ever used by them afterwards. Maybe the blue thing in the left side of the 2nd image would be too much distraction for the public. and here we are speculating about it ! :-)

If you don't mind if I ask and I may have missed this Q/A already, but what causes the square outline on his left leg in image 2 from your link?
    Not sure exactly, but there are multiple things contributing:
    • the light dark edge is definitely where his leg goes from sun to shade
    • the apparent rectangular shape could reasonably be due to video compression which tends to favor vertical and horizontal patterns over diagonal patterns
    • he could have something in his pocket that is rectangular in shape

Bird of Paradise is offline Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    Thanks. Others with expertise have also opined video compression. It's difficult to tell one's brain that when the eye is seeing an obvious rectangular pattern that looks 3D.

Thanks. I was curious why, ISP initially put out two photos on Feb 15th, then only the first photo was ever used by them afterwards. Maybe the blue thing in the left side of the 2nd image would be too much distraction for the public. and here we are speculating about it ! :-)

Not sure exactly, but there are multiple things contributing:
    • the light dark edge is definitely where his leg goes from sun to shade
    • the apparent rectangular shape could reasonably be due to video compression which tends to favor vertical and horizontal patterns over diagonal patterns
    • he could have something in his pocket that is rectangular in shape
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Confusion View Post
    I think it would be hard to calculate his height from her even if that is part of her hoodie unless you know how far apart they are. It looks like you used parallel lines for your comparison, but that's not taking perspective into account. The farther away the object is, the closer together the two lines would be. The bottom of the blue line would also be closer to the ground if it were her, unless there was quite a bit if distance between the bottom of the line and the part of the bridge you can see (she's close, but we're seeing a more distant part of the bridge.

I guess I'll stop at that, I think I'm probably causing more confusion with everything I say trying to clarify!

MOO
    You are correct :-) I was assuming an orthographic type camera when drawing those lines instead of a pinhole type perspective view.

I've been under the assumption (might be wrong) that the cropped BG images were part of a much larger camera field of view --> the BG crop has small angular extent

If you interested to test out different scenarios, I am happy to share the 3D CAD file for Blender (www.blender.org, its free). An example 3D render is in a post I made about 30 minutes ago on this forum showing it, and my assumption of BG being a very small part of the overall field of view.

BG images may have been scanned

Close examination of the two ISP released BG images indicate they may have been scanned by a flatbed type scanner, due to the nature of the high frequency vertical and horizontal lines in the images (a form of aliasing when scanning a printed photo).

Without going into a gory detailed explanation, I wanted to put it out there.

How the images came to be probably doesn't impact anything in the investigation, however I wanted to put my opinion out there in case it triggered a thought in someone. If so, I can explain with some examples why I think so. I verified at home myself by printing a picture, and scanning it back in with my own flatbed scanner.

Given your expertise, do you think the final result (ISP pic) is more or less likely to be close to the original video image that the still was created from. People have wondered why no one (supposedly) has identified this person and I'm curious just how true --considering the amount of distortion, compression, etc-that image is to the original if that makes sense.

Close examination of the two ISP released BG images indicate they may have been scanned by a flatbed type scanner, due to the nature of the high frequency vertical and horizontal lines in the images (a form of aliasing when scanning a printed photo).

Without going into a gory detailed explanation, I wanted to put it out there.

How the images came to be probably doesn't impact anything in the investigation, however I wanted to put my opinion out there in case it triggered a thought in someone. If so, I can explain with some examples why I think so. I verified at home myself by printing a picture, and scanning it back in with my own flatbed scanner.

Various pictures

I am just going to re-post some of my edited results to have them in this thread, if that's okay.

-Nin

If the key does not fit, it's the wrong key.

Shoes

-Nin

head

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrainz View Post
    I see a full head of bushy hair. No hat. a very distinguishable , thick, full head of hair. It looks to be a cowlick or center part in the top center of his head, bangs combed forward. Could even be a wig I guess.
    No fair, shifferbrainz, now all I see in that piccie is Rod Blagojevich!

Apparently he and his full head of hair remain in custody.

Inside Edition

Pic of area in front of POI/BG, possible purse?

-Nin

gif

Straightened up images and blend together to show details:

Ref points:

-Nin

Possible watch

-Nin

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast