1305 users online (251 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Linda Britton, 18, Cambridge, 11 July 1963

The Doe Network

Photo was taken approximately 2-3 years prior to her June 1963 disappearance

Linda Kay Britton

Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: July 11, 1963
    Location Last Seen: Cambridge, Guernsey County, Ohio
    Physical Description

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.Date of Birth: November 21, 1944
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18
    Race: White
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 61 inches
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 98 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: None
    Dentals: Unavailable
    Fingerprints: Unavailable
    DNA: Available
    Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Bright orange pants; white jacket with hood.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Pink-rimmed glasses.
    Circumstances of Disappearance

Linda left home to mail a letter and never returned.
    Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Cambridge Police Department
    Agency Address: 601 Southgate Parkway, Cambridge, Ohio, 43725
    Agency Contact Person: Captain William LePage
    Agency Phone Number: 740-439-4431

Agency Case Number: 1963-999
    NamUs Case Number: MP #10968
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Information Source(s)

NAMUS
    NAMPN
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3394dfoh.html
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

This is my hometown she went missing from. There are tons of stories and rumors about her disappearance that have gone around since she disappeared, but nothing that can be found on paper. I know what the locals have said they heard, but it's only hearsay.
    Her family does not want her disappearance discussed and once yelled at me in a local facebook group for bringing her up, even though I only brought her up to let it be known she wasn't forgotten and indeed, she wasn't. Many people she had gone to school with, or who grew up near her missed her and told stories in that facebook posts' comments before it eventually went quiet.
    I could say what rumors and such I've heard, but I want to stress they are only that.

RIP Edward.
    1993-2009

Quote Originally Posted by ashyboy16 View Post
    This is my hometown she went missing from. There are tons of stories and rumors about her disappearance that have gone around since she disappeared, but nothing that can be found on paper. I know what the locals have said they heard, but it's only hearsay.
    Her family does not want her disappearance discussed and once yelled at me in a local facebook group for bringing her up, even though I only brought her up to let it be known she wasn't forgotten and indeed, she wasn't. Many people she had gone to school with, or who grew up near her missed her and told stories in that facebook posts' comments before it eventually went quiet.
    I could say what rumors and such I've heard, but I want to stress they are only that.
    If her family doesn't want her brought up, that makes me wonder whether family members were involved in her disappearance. I'm glad you've continued to pursue the case instead of ignoring it.

ETA: Her Charley Project page has an additional photo.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ton_linda.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    If her family doesn't want her brought up, that makes me wonder whether family members were involved in her disappearance. I'm glad you've continued to pursue the case instead of ignoring it.

ETA: Her Charley Project page has an additional photo.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ton_linda.html
    If I'm remembering right, it was a younger sibling of hers who told me that the memory of her older sister was too painful on her elderly parents, who were still alive at the time I posted about Linda (not too sure right now, I don't really know many people in Cambridge even though I grew up here because I never felt much of a connection to the place), and that was why they'd prefer if people never brought her up at all instead since "we had no permission to do so". I wasn't too sure what to think of that, I was 19 at the time I brought her up, and while I can understand grief...the way I was talked to rubbed off on me the wrong way. If they wanted to forget about her being gone, then why is she listed on the Ohio Attorney General's website and on NAMus?

But, I'm trying not to judge too harshly, they're from a different generation compared to me and like I said, people grieve differently.

I hope one day that they figure out what happened, or at the very least, they get to see her again when their time comes, and that they at least know that while we don't know much about her or what happened to her, she is far from forgotten.
    Last edited by ashyboy16; 08-20-2017 at 08:02 PM.

RIP Edward.
    1993-2009

Here's her NAMus profile by the way.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10968/23

RIP Edward.
    1993-2009

Quote Originally Posted by ashyboy16 View Post
    Here's her NAMus profile by the way.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10968/23
    Someone submitted DNA.

From the NAMUS entry: Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

I wonder if it was Linda's sister?

It would be nice to bring Linda home, to her remaining family.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!