1106 users online (149 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    DANGERS IN PARADISE: WHAT TOURISTS AREN'T BEING TOLD
    From February 2016

Snipped...
    ...The Belize murder rate is third highest in the world - more than twice the homicide rate of Chicago and higher than any U.S. city.

...Belize police lack resources to effectively investigate crimes. Only three percent of Belize homicides result in convictions.
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/dangers-...-told/1189365/

Missing Canadian woman's vehicle found in Belize
    May 1, 2017

Snipped...
    ...The U.S. State Department also said they’re aware of reports of an American citizen missing in Belize.

“The welfare of U.S. citizens is one of the Department’s highest priorities. We stand ready to provide all possible consular assistance. Due to privacy considerations, we have no further comment at this time,” they said in an emailed statement to CTVNews.ca on Monday.

The vehicle is currently at the Corozal Police Station.
    https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2...erican-couple/

I don't see any smashed windows from this angle.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

So the vehicle was found walking distance to town. That opens up all sorts of scenarios, including that it was possible for one person to have caused their disappearance.
    The drive to Consejo is a straight run up 4th Ave and out of town. Where could they have run into trouble?

I looked up one variety store (Mo's) and it is only open late morning and into the afternoon. No late evening hours. Are the gas stations open late? Is there somewhere else they could have stopped?
    Where was there car parked relative to Scotty's? Was in eyesight of the bar? Could something have happened right at the parking lot/parking spot as they got in the vehicle?
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-suv-1.4093595
    Roberts said officers and police dogs have returned to the area to search today.
    Nancy Rifenbark, a close friend of Matus, said she's relieved police finally have a clue, but the abandoned SUV is also concerning.

"It's getting harder to keep positive, but I'm trying my best," Rifenbark said in an interview on Monday.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/missing-ca...ield-1.3393057

David DeVoursney says police found Matus' truck on Sunday afternoon about 15 kilometres from the bar where the couple was last seen last Tuesday night
    rbbm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that pic how they found the vehicle? Doors open?

Quote Originally Posted by loveisthemovement View Post
    Is that pic how they found the vehicle? Doors open?
    Those are the back doors open, hmmm

Im going to rant for this post, ignore if you want.

The whole advisory for visitors rather annoys me. People from 1st world country need to realize that when traveling to third world countries, things will not be the same.
    Yes, the third world category affects all aspect of the country, including crime.
    End of rant.

Im hoping Francesca & Drew are found safe.

Not good at all....the possibilities here are so frightening. An accident would have been easier to take.☹

officers and police dogs have returned to the area to search today.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...tus/ar-BBAB1sw

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post

https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2...erican-couple/

I don't see any smashed windows from this angle.

"broken mirror on passenger side" unless they meant broken blinker, as shown in the picture.

Missing Poster
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Im going to rant for this post, ignore if you want.

The whole advisory for visitors rather annoys me. People from 1st world country need to realize that when traveling to third world countries, things will not be the same.
    Yes, the third world category affects all aspect of the country, including crime.
    End of rant.

Im hoping Francesca & Drew are found safe.
    I am always amazed when travelling to hear tourists complaining constantly about nearly everything. I don't understand what people are expecting from some of these poor third world countries.
    "Thats a picture of you, correct?
    And the other one is a picture of your dumb sister"

JM

Saw this case on the news this evening. It sure is looking bleak for this couple.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed but how long has the couple been together? Did they meet in Belize? Were they both returning to their respective home towns?

Quote Originally Posted by ttcRider View Post
    I am always amazed when travelling to hear tourists complaining constantly about nearly everything. I don't understand what people are expecting from some of these poor third world countries.
    Montezuma's revenge? Yes. Less than 5 star accommodations? Sure. Crazy driving taxi service? Uh-huh. Mugging? Possibly. But nobody expects to become a victim of what is looking more and more like kidnapping, possibly murder.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast