1310 users online (217 members and 1093 guests)  

Websleuths News

2017.04.30 - The Latest from Capitol Hill

The Latest: Top Senate Democrat Welcomes Funding Deal
    Senate's top Democrat welcomes deal reached with Republicans on funding government and averting shutdown.

April 30, 2017, at 10:37 p.m.

[...]

9:45 p.m.

Top Capitol Hill negotiators have reached a hard-won agreement on a huge $1 trillion-plus spending bill that would fund the day-to-day operations of virtually every federal agency through September.

Aides to lawmakers involved in the talks announced the agreement after weeks of negotiations. It's expected to be made public Sunday night

The catchall spending bill would be the first major piece of bipartisan legislation to advance during President Donald Trump's presidency. It denies Trump a win on his oft-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, but it gives him a $15 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military.

The measure rejects White House proposals to cut popular programs such as funding medical research and community development grants. It adds $1.5 billion for border security.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...t-through-sept
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Emails from Hillary Clinton containing classified information were forwarded to former congressman Anthony Weiner, the director of the FBI testified as he defended his handling of politically sensitive probes surrounding the 2016 presidential race. Weiner, a New York Democrat, was married to a top aide to Clinton, Huma Abedin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2aa_story.html
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

FORMER OBAMA SECURITY ADVISER DECLINES INVITE TO TESTIFY

Susan Rice's attorney sent a letter to South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, informing the Republican that Rice would not appear before the subcommittee on Monday with two other former Obama administration officials.

Susan Rice refuses to testify in Senate probe of Russian influence on 2016 election

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ssia-investig/

Looks like someone is guilty.

I hope she is served with a subpoena.

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    FORMER OBAMA SECURITY ADVISER DECLINES INVITE TO TESTIFY

Susan Rice's attorney sent a letter to South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, informing the Republican that Rice would not appear before the subcommittee on Monday with two other former Obama administration officials.

Susan Rice refuses to testify in Senate probe of Russian influence on 2016 election

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ssia-investig/

Looks like someone is guilty.

I hope she is served with a subpoena.
    But... but... "I leaked nothing to nobody"

How long before Brennan and Clapper "decline the invitation" too?

When the top dog is a dirty dealer in power for 8 years, it's not at all surprising that all levels below him are as well.

Not sure what is the point of these hearings. If they have some evidence of illegal activity by any of these people, they should file charges.

They should focus on other topics more relevant for public hearings, like gathering testimony and information about the various new proposed health care plans. IIRC, the public doesn't even know all the details of the bill voted on today. That's really a more productive use for these hearings, the way they used to hold them back in the old days.

Comey pressed for anti-Trump dossier in classified Russia report, sources say

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html

In a remarkable exchange Wednesday*between Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Comey during a Senate hearing, more questions were raised about the bureau’s relationship with the former British officer who wrote the dossier, Christopher Steele, and his British company Orbis -- and its relationship to Washington, D.C.-based Fusion GPS.*

Comey said that “I know the name” and “I can’t say” when Graham pressed if Fusion GPS is part of the Russian intelligence apparatus.*

And when Graham asked if he agreed it “would be interfering in our election by the Russians” if Fusion were involved in preparing the anti-Trump dossier, Comey replied, “I don’t want to say.”

Words matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Comey pressed for anti-Trump dossier in classified Russia report, sources say

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html

In a remarkable exchange Wednesday*between Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., and Comey during a Senate hearing, more questions were raised about the bureau’s relationship with the former British officer who wrote the dossier, Christopher Steele, and his British company Orbis -- and its relationship to Washington, D.C.-based Fusion GPS.*

Comey said that “I know the name” and “I can’t say” when Graham pressed if Fusion GPS is part of the Russian intelligence apparatus.*

And when Graham asked if he agreed it “would be interfering in our election by the Russians” if Fusion were involved in preparing the anti-Trump dossier, Comey replied, “I don’t want to say.”
    Also from your link:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee who also sits on the intelligence committee, told CNN on Wednesday that she does not “at this time” have evidence of collusion between Trump associates and Russia during the campaign.