1205 users online (212 members and 993 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

11 Dead, Dozens Hurt After Tornadoes Hit Texas, South

At least 11 people were killed and dozens more were injured after severe storms that included powerful tornadoes hit the South, including Arkansas, Missouri and a region of Texas east of Dallas, officials said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/...-texas-n752926

If you are in the area please check in and let us know you are OK.

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Wow, Prayers for everyone in the affected areas. I know there are a few posters here from TX. and hope they are okay too.
    *FREE LEONARD PELTIER*
    Justice for an innocent man.

I'm not in the the area, but very near. This was the weekend forecast for my state...
    It was a wild ride- to say the least...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    "Who am I?
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself.
    I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important... That you matter.
    Now let me ask, who are you?"

I'm about an hour away from Canton and it was insane to watch the local news! The same area had multiple tornadoes. It was unlike anything I've ever seen! I'm hoping the death toll doesn't rise but based on the mile wide F3 I'd be surprised if it doesn't

The most amazing video of ordinary people determined to save two little ones trapped in a flooded vehicle as tornadoes ripped through TX

https://www.facebook.com/sheckmo.new...c_ref=NEWSFEED

“How fast is the water moving?” we asked him. “It’s moving fast enough that they can’t get the doors open,” said Tom, describing the scene.

Lacking the strength to be helpful, Tom shot unbelievable cell phone video. At one point you see five or six people in the water and then, suddenly, the infant is free -- but limp.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas...eath/435461265
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    The most amazing video of ordinary people determined to save two little ones trapped in a flooded vehicle as tornadoes ripped through TX

https://www.facebook.com/sheckmo.new...c_ref=NEWSFEED

“How fast is the water moving?” we asked him. “It’s moving fast enough that they can’t get the doors open,” said Tom, describing the scene.

Lacking the strength to be helpful, Tom shot unbelievable cell phone video. At one point you see five or six people in the water and then, suddenly, the infant is free -- but limp.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas...eath/435461265
    I watched that earlier, such an incredible display of humanity, every day people pulling together, I bawled my eyes out. From comments from family on the FB video linked, the baby is FINE and going home today, the toddler (Addy) is on a ventilator but doing well and is stable, it's expected she will have the breathing tubes out today.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

We're about 25 miles down the road from where the tornadoes hit. We were sure watching it close for a while, as we had tornadoes come through here exactly one year ago to the date. We thankfully escaped with just some strong winds and rain, both times. Hoping and praying everyone else here is safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    If you are in the area please check in and let us know you are OK.

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Thanks Tricia! I am about 25 miles away from the disaster zone surrounding Canton, Tx, but thankfully escaped with just severe storm here. Last confirmed I saw was 7 confirmed tornadoes, one upgraded to E4, five deaths, and over 5000 homes/businesses destroyed.

Sent from my RCT6973W43 using Tapatalk
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.