NC NC - Kathryn Preston, 49, Asheville, 23 April 2017

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
13771855_G.jpg

Officers said 49-year-old Kathryn Preston was last seen on April 23 on Tunnel Road. She is reportedly not from the area and doesn't have transportation.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/35...own-to-frequent-parks-wooded-areas-is-missing

From that we would have to consider that she was potentially attempting to return home and didn't have the fare. Let's hope that wasn't the last straw.

Interesting thought. I was thinking perhaps April 23rd was the day she arrived in Asheville-- maybe she took a Greyhound there for a vacation and they have video of her getting off the bus. That would explain why they say she does not have transportation. Hopefully she is enjoying an extended vacay off-grid somewhere and will resurface soon.

The MSM stated that she liked the woods, parks, etc... the area surrounding the Greyhound has a lot of wooded areas. Maybe there would be homeless camps out there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...2!3m1!1s0x8859f49e145139f9:0x4293e914b5458434

Was she on a bus and this was just a stop along the way? Her FB makes me think she is a sort of free spirited type of person. Hoping she did not put trust into the wrong people.

The MSM stated that she liked the woods, parks, etc... the area surrounding the Greyhound has a lot of wooded areas. Maybe there would be homeless camps out there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...2!3m1!1s0x8859f49e145139f9:0x4293e914b5458434

Was she on a bus and this was just a stop along the way? Her FB makes me think she is a sort of free spirited type of person. Hoping she did not put trust into the wrong people.

I don't know about homeless camps but I have vacationed in Asheville before and hiked around there. It's a mountainous wooded area. There are a lot of campgrounds, hiking trails and places where you could camp overnight for free. The Appalachian Trail runs right through there and it has overnight primitive camping shelters that are free on a first-come-first-served basis. People spend months hiking the AT. It's possible Kathryn went to Asheville to hike, but I'm concerned that we are not hearing that she had any plans to camp/hike or that she had any of that type of equipment with her. The phrasing that she "likes to frequent parks and wooded areas" is a bit too vague.

I don't know about homeless camps but I have vacationed in Asheville before and hiked around there. It's a mountainous wooded area. There are a lot of campgrounds, hiking trails and places where you could camp overnight for free. The Appalachian Trail runs right through there and it has overnight primitive camping shelters that are free on a first-come-first-served basis. People spend months hiking the AT. It's possible Kathryn went to Asheville to hike, but I'm concerned that we are not hearing that she had any plans to camp/hike or that she had any of that type of equipment with her. The phrasing that she "likes to frequent parks and wooded areas" is a bit too vague.

Nanthanala and Pisgah National Forests are even closer than the AT. But my concern is the city itself has a very large transient and homeless population, which she most likely would've encountered near the bus station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, someone updated her cover photo on Facebook Friday, May 5th.

Facebook photos have been posted June 17 and June 19, July 2 post says "on my way home.." but I cant find any update MSM info..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back