NC - Mom, Boyfriend Accused Of Raping 6-Year-Old Girl

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police believe a child was raped inside her home last week.

Neighbors said they contacted authorities several times about one of their neighbors and the treatment of her 6-year-old daughter. But what they allegedly saw inside the Ashville apartment frightened them, NBC 4's Barbra Flannigan reported.

"(There was) a lot of blood, a lot of bruising around her eyes," said Tiffany Castle, a neighbor. "You could tell she had been strangled."

Neighbors said the child's mother, 28-year-old Charlotte Hodge and her boyfriend, 25-year-old William McClaskey, were hesitant to call for help. But their neighbors insisted.

Paramedics rushed the girl to Children's Hospital, where she underwent surgery. Authorities believe she will recover.

Police then launched an investigation and the Pickaway County Prosecutor's office charged McClaskey with attempted murder, rape, kidnapping and felonious child endangerment.

Hodge was charged with complicity to commit attempted murder, rape and kidnapping.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5576212/detail.html

http://www.wsyx6.com/newsroom/oh/index.shtml

I am a bit confused, it said relative of this child, it did not say that the women is the Mom. Or is that just the way they phrase things.

Usually they say Mom......

Oh my!

Gee, ya think the :furious: SOB's will plea bargain and get probation?

They should spend the rest of their pathetic lives like this:behindbar :behindbar

CyberLaw said:
I am a bit confused, it said relative of this child, it did not say that the women is the Mom. Or is that just the way they phrase things.

Usually they say Mom......

Maybe she took the child in when the mother couldn't care for her? Or maybe she's an aunt and was babysitting? Just some possibilities.

Its possible that in the interest of protecting her identity that they refer to her as a relative rather then daughter???

To forever scar a little girl's life just so they can get their kicks - I say fry the both of them! :mad:

ETA: If the neighbors hadn't insisted they get help for the child, she probably would have been dead by now. I'm sorry, this just infuriates me what people do to helpless, innocent children.

Alice253 said:
To forever scar a little girl's life just so they can get their kicks - I say fry the both of them! :mad:

ETA: If the neighbors hadn't insisted they get help for the child, she probably would have been dead by now. I'm sorry, this just infuriates me what people do to helpless, innocent children.
I'm with you, all the way!! :furious: :furious:

Alice253 said:

You and me both! I will never understand it.

Mysteriew I am going to change the title of this thread to "Women and boyfriend........ "

Since we are not 100% sure she was the mom we don't want to cast the mom in bad light if possibly this child was kidnapped.

(*note the kidnapping charge)

Amraann said:
Its possible that in the interest of protecting her identity that they refer to her as a relative rather then daughter???

You may be right since the neighbors refer to the child as Hodges' daughter.

Could be her child and still her child could be a kidnap victim, if someone else has legal custody

They do??

I did not see that quote??
I will look again and apologize to mysteriew for altering her title if so:)

Yup your correct in the second article it does say mom!

Sorry Mysteriew I will fit it right now:)

Amraann said:
They do??

In the very first post on the thread it says it, but if you go to the link the article says her young relative. I'm confused, Amra. Maybe the news changed the article later to protect the child's privacy?

Linda7NJ said:
Could be her child and still her child could be a kidnap victim, if someone else has legal custody

You are right about that, Linda. It may be that the father has custody and she snatched the child.

Amraann said:
They do??

I can't be positive that it is the mother, Amra. I quoted the headline in the title. But it looks as though nbc4 has changed their headline to read 'Woman, Boyfriend Accused Of Raping 6-Year-Old Girl'.
So it could be that she is the mother and they are backing off to protect the child's privacy or it could be that everyone thought she was the mother and have since found out she wasn't. No apoligies necessary, as even I can';t be sure what is going on.

mysteriew said:
Police believe a child was raped inside her home last week.

Neighbors said they contacted authorities several times about one of their neighbors and the treatment of her 6-year-old daughter. But what they allegedly saw inside the Ashville apartment frightened them, NBC 4's Barbra Flannigan reported.

"(There was) a lot of blood, a lot of bruising around her eyes," said Tiffany Castle, a neighbor. "You could tell she had been strangled."

Neighbors said the child's mother, 28-year-old Charlotte Hodge and her boyfriend, 25-year-old William McClaskey, were hesitant to call for help. But their neighbors insisted.

Paramedics rushed the girl to Children's Hospital, where she underwent surgery. Authorities believe she will recover.

Police then launched an investigation and the Pickaway County Prosecutor's office charged McClaskey with attempted murder, rape, kidnapping and felonious child endangerment.

Hodge was charged with complicity to commit attempted murder, rape and kidnapping.
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5576212/detail.html

http://www.wsyx6.com/newsroom/oh/index.shtml

I don't understand. How in the hell can monsters like this hurt innocent children. I want to physically hurt these people. I'm so flipping furious. They've secured their place in hell. Ba$tards!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

My heart breaks every time I see one of these stories. I pray that this sweet innocent child can recover from this.

A woman and her boyfriend are jailed in Pickaway County, accused in the rape and attempted murder of the woman's 6-year-old daughter.

Police say William McClaskey abused his girlfriend's 6-year-old daughter in their apartment last week. The child's mother is accused of watching the abuse happen.

Neighbors say they forced the mother and her boyfriend to call an ambulance for the 6-year-old.

A woman who visits the complex often says she witnessed the girl's mother beating the 6-year-old in the past.

McClaskey is also accused of kidnapping.
http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4263901

A judge awarded temporary custody of a 6-year-old rape victim to her biological father Monday.

Charlotte Hodge, a female relative of the girl, and William McClaskey, Hodge's boyfriend are suspected in the incident.

McClaskey was charged with rape and attempted murder, accused of choking the girl.

The girl's story attracted a small flood of gifts and well wishes from the community.

"She basically left the hospital with just a teddy bear," said Chief Jerry Pennington, of Ashville police. "So, a lot of people have bringing in a lot of stuff and I think she'll be set real well for Christmas."
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5579379/detail.html

mysteriew said:
A judge awarded temporary custody of a 6-year-old rape victim to her biological father Monday.

Charlotte Hodge, a female relative of the girl, and William McClaskey, Hodge's boyfriend are suspected in the incident.

McClaskey was charged with rape and attempted murder, accused of choking the girl.

The girl's story attracted a small flood of gifts and well wishes from the community.

"She basically left the hospital with just a teddy bear," said Chief Jerry Pennington, of Ashville police. "So, a lot of people have bringing in a lot of stuff and I think she'll be set real well for Christmas."
http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5579379/detail.html

But what about the rest of her life? It is well and good that people respond with small gifts.Attempted murder and rape are beyond what I believe a teddy bear can repair. But that is just me...I always look at the larger and longer picture. This child has suffered so much and will suffer more. She is so young....the memories will be repressed for a time and rise when unwanted and unexpected. I worry so much about these children. I worry about the generational aspect of these crimes. I just worry all the time anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back