1073 users online (238 members and 835 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Mom, Boyfriend Accused Of Raping 6-Year-Old Girl

Police believe a child was raped inside her home last week.

Neighbors said they contacted authorities several times about one of their neighbors and the treatment of her 6-year-old daughter. But what they allegedly saw inside the Ashville apartment frightened them, NBC 4's Barbra Flannigan reported.

"(There was) a lot of blood, a lot of bruising around her eyes," said Tiffany Castle, a neighbor. "You could tell she had been strangled."

Neighbors said the child's mother, 28-year-old Charlotte Hodge and her boyfriend, 25-year-old William McClaskey, were hesitant to call for help. But their neighbors insisted.

Paramedics rushed the girl to Children's Hospital, where she underwent surgery. Authorities believe she will recover.

Police then launched an investigation and the Pickaway County Prosecutor's office charged McClaskey with attempted murder, rape, kidnapping and felonious child endangerment.

Hodge was charged with complicity to commit attempted murder, rape and kidnapping.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5576212/detail.html

http://www.wsyx6.com/newsroom/oh/index.shtml
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I am a bit confused, it said relative of this child, it did not say that the women is the Mom. Or is that just the way they phrase things.

Usually they say Mom......

Oh my!

Gee, ya think the SOB's will plea bargain and get probation?

They should spend the rest of their pathetic lives like this

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    I am a bit confused, it said relative of this child, it did not say that the women is the Mom. Or is that just the way they phrase things.

Usually they say Mom......
    Maybe she took the child in when the mother couldn't care for her? Or maybe she's an aunt and was babysitting? Just some possibilities.

Its possible that in the interest of protecting her identity that they refer to her as a relative rather then daughter???

To forever scar a little girl's life just so they can get their kicks - I say fry the both of them!

ETA: If the neighbors hadn't insisted they get help for the child, she probably would have been dead by now. I'm sorry, this just infuriates me what people do to helpless, innocent children.
    You put the light in me...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice253
    To forever scar a little girl's life just so they can get their kicks - I say fry the both of them!

ETA: If the neighbors hadn't insisted they get help for the child, she probably would have been dead by now. I'm sorry, this just infuriates me what people do to helpless, innocent children.
    I'm with you, all the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice253

You and me both! I will never understand it.

Mysteriew I am going to change the title of this thread to "Women and boyfriend........ "

Since we are not 100% sure she was the mom we don't want to cast the mom in bad light if possibly this child was kidnapped.

(*note the kidnapping charge)

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Its possible that in the interest of protecting her identity that they refer to her as a relative rather then daughter???
    You may be right since the neighbors refer to the child as Hodges' daughter.

Could be her child and still her child could be a kidnap victim, if someone else has legal custody

They do??

I did not see that quote??
    I will look again and apologize to mysteriew for altering her title if so

Yup your correct in the second article it does say mom!

Sorry Mysteriew I will fit it right now

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    They do??

I did not see that quote??
    I will look again and apologize to mysteriew for altering her title if so
    In the very first post on the thread it says it, but if you go to the link the article says her young relative. I'm confused, Amra. Maybe the news changed the article later to protect the child's privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Could be her child and still her child could be a kidnap victim, if someone else has legal custody
    You are right about that, Linda. It may be that the father has custody and she snatched the child.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast