AR AR - Nona Dirksmeyer, 19, Russellville, 15 Dec 2005 *Arrest*

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=22025

Student’s Autopsy Results Expected Next Week

Russellville Police Chief James Bacon says an autopsy on an Arkansas Tech music student found dead in her off-campus apartment should be completed next week. He said that until the state medical examiner's office performs the autopsy, the cause of 19-year-old Nona Dirksmeyer's death won't be known.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=22050

Coroner Believe Arkansas Tech Student Was Strangled

The Pope County coroner says an Arkansas Tech student who was found dead in her apartment was likely strangled.

Coroner Leonard Kraut says 19-year-old Nona Dirksmeyer didn't die by means of a standard weapon, such as a gun or knife.

How devastating for her family and friends.

A young girl living by herself - I did it too when I was her age but I realize now why it made my parents uncomfortable.

There is no mention of forced entry, and from the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like someone forced their way in. That makes me think that whoever did this to her knew her - or at least it was someone she trusted enough to allow in her apartment like a service or delievery person.

I am anxious to hear more details.

Pook said:
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=22025

Student’s Autopsy Results Expected Next Week

Russellville Police Chief James Bacon says an autopsy on an Arkansas Tech music student found dead in her off-campus apartment should be completed next week. He said that until the state medical examiner's office performs the autopsy, the cause of 19-year-old Nona Dirksmeyer's death won't be known.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=22050

Coroner Believe Arkansas Tech Student Was Strangled

The Pope County coroner says an Arkansas Tech student who was found dead in her apartment was likely strangled.

Coroner Leonard Kraut says 19-year-old Nona Dirksmeyer didn't die by means of a standard weapon, such as a gun or knife.
I'm glad to see this here -- I started a blog entry about Nona's murder two nights ago, but there simply wasn't enough to do an entry that gave any more info than the newspapers. If anyone has done any extra research on this, please e-mail me at steve.huff@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Steve/Mr. A

I just heard about this on the news, and I am very surprised that there isn't more about it here on Websleuths.

If anyone finds out anything more, please post it.
She was such a beautiful girl with a promising future....how sad.

This is such a shame. I saw this last night on Paula Zahn's show. She was a beautiful girl with a wonderful future ahead of her. They showed a clip of her mother and she appeared to be in shock.

texasgirl said:
http://www.kthv.com/news/news.aspx?aid=20484&storyid=22152&bw=

Above links talks about a possible suspect in the case....

(Sorry I hate to cut and paste any info. Not sure of copyright infringement so I just post a link to keep from getting in trouble!) :)
SNIP FROM YOUR LINK:

There was no sign of sexual assault. According to the state medical examiner's report, Dirksmeyer had been beaten and stabbed to death. "Injuries included a stab wound to the back right side of the neck and superficial cuts on the front and right side of the neck, shoulder and ear," says Chief Bacon.

It was a relatively small, 4" cut on her throat from what I heard.

I saw her case promoed on TV as well, as once in awhile I watch Paula ~ I think Paula is simply primo with her view.

Nona.

Today I PM'ed a friend here to see who this girl was that I learned about. I simply give Nona wonderful grace and love where ever she is. For one thing, she looks like she should be here at WS to study and take a look-see. It does look like our kind of case. YaYa

Scandi

Some reports I've read have her listed as being "Miss Arkansas", which isn't correct. She was IN the "Miss Arkansas Pagent" as "Miss Petit Jean" (a very pleasant mountain community) but was not actually THE current reigning "Miss Arkansas".

I know all too well about the type of stalkers/unwanted attention beuty pagent conterstants garner. My 1st cousin won Miss Arkansas twice, back in the 1960s, and had to deal with a lot of weirdos. Her talent was rolling skating while twirling a lit baton to the (then current) pop tune "Little Green Apples".

BillyGoatGruff said:
Some reports I've read have her listed as being "Miss Arkansas", which isn't correct. She was IN the "Miss Arkansas Pagent" as "Miss Petit Jean" (a very pleasant mountain community) but was not actually THE current reigning "Miss Arkansas".

I know all too well about the type of stalkers/unwanted attention beuty pagent conterstants garner. My 1st cousin won Miss Arkansas twice, back in the 1960s, and had to deal with a lot of weirdos. Her talent was rolling skating while twirling a lit baton to the (then current) pop tune "Little Green Apples".
What I've read the arcticles say she was a Miss Arkansas contestant.

From what so many articles indicate it may well be that her boyfriend will be the one they announce the arrest of...........just reading between the lines, NOTHING CONCLUSIVE!

Tom'sGirl said:
What I've read the arcticles say she was a Miss Arkansas contestant.

From what so many articles indicate it may well be that her boyfriend will be the one they announce the arrest of...........just reading between the lines, NOTHING CONCLUSIVE!
That is what I think too. :(

So far, police say they have interviewed more than 50 people in the case including Dirksmeyer's boyfriend of 4 1/2 years. Through these interviews, investigators have been able to conclusively clear all but one of these people who is now considered the sole suspect in the case.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=4278030

My neighbor just moved from Russellville & he said that the word around town is that the boyfriend did it.

I keep looking everyday in the newspaper & news to see if an arrest has been made. I wish they would hurry & get whoever did it off the streets!

She sure experienced a lot of loss for someone so young - her father, both sets of grandparents, and an aunt all proceeded her in death.

Did anyone else notice that her boyfriend, Kevin Jones, is listed as her finace in the obit? I didn't realize that they were engaged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back