1290 users online (229 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Eric Brown is described as a day laborer in the arrest warrant for Ashanti’s kidnapping. Later, a construction co-worker who also was on the JEB Blimpie’s project is said to have worked with Brown for approximately 90 days on the project, so it sounds like he wasn’t a regular with the crew after the project was completed.

Most day laborers aren’t on a work contract and can be paid off-books in cash. Tracking his employment post-Navy won’t be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by hey-Debbie View Post
    So maybe he doesn't work for Blimpie's. He's gotta work for a contractor hired to build the new Blimpies so it's possible he could have worked other jobs in the Hampton area. I wonder where Keir worked. Does anyone know. It would have been a stalking situation too I bet. When someone posted in Ashanti's thread that the police saw he was searching for missing women and baby I immediately thought of Keir because her car was found the same way. She was supposed to be meeting someone.

Here's what this article said about her sister. "Pattway is active military and said being deployed to the Middle East five times doesn’t even come close to comparing to how difficult this situation has been her." Look at the military connection too. I wonder if her sister is in the Navy. I wonder if her sister somehow knew Eric Brown. She was supposed to meet up with someone she knew. Maybe they ran across each other when he was working on a job and said he lets meet. Wonder where he was in May when she went missing.
    http://wtkr.com/2017/08/11/mother-an...er-speaks-out/

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Keir's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/keir.johnson.395

It looks like she doesn't list an occupation there but maybe someone can find some other possible connections or important info.
    She writes "I'm going to let my baby continue to grow and explore life" back in March. So sad
    "Worlds on fire, we don't know who lit it, house of cards and we're all living in it,
    but I'm home, and there's no place I'd rather be..."

Likely to find me online _
    in the middle of the night

I can see pros and cons about Ashanti Billie's killer as a suspect here. My biggest issue against is the fact that he did not have a car. Hampton is some distance away from Virginia Beach. HRT (Hampton Roads Transit) runs to the Peninsula, but somehow I see the distance and having to travel thru the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (I-64) as making him an unlikely suspect.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalLaura View Post
    Eric Brown is described as a day laborer in the arrest warrant for Ashanti’s kidnapping. Later, a construction co-worker who also was on the JEB Blimpie’s project is said to have worked with Brown for approximately 90 days on the project, so it sounds like he wasn’t a regular with the crew after the project was completed.

Most day laborers aren’t on a work contract and can be paid off-books in cash. Tracking his employment post-Navy won’t be easy.
    bbm
    Yes, some cities have an area for "Labor Pick-up" where someone wanting a day's work paid in cash can wait to see if someone needs that kind of help for the day. I've seen it -- usually in a downtown area. No way to track that kind of thing. Also, some building materials businesses have a similar thing, but those folks are checked for what skills they can offer, etc.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

They’ve arrested Eric Brian Brown for killing Ashanti Billie...the cases seem so similar. They should look at him for Keir and Chloe

So little information to go on....

Family pleads for help finding missing Hampton mom, baby

Teir Pettway has never known a world without her twin sister, Keir Johnson. But that changed seven months ago when Johnson, of Hampton, and her infant daughter, Chloe, were reported missing.

Pettway spoke about her sister at a news conference at the Newport News Police Department’s headquarters Tuesday morning. She said life without her twin is like a world with no grass, no trees.

“She’s my everything,” Pettway said. “All I know is her, and it’s hard.”

Johnson’s family and police held the news conference hoping that someone with information about the case will come forward.

Mike Grinstead, acting chief of Newport News Police, said at the news conference that officers have logged more than 5,000 hours investigating the case. The 19 officers from six divisions are assigned to it, and the department has also received some federal assistance, he said.

“Our detectives have been working for months to find Keir and Chloe Johnson,” he said.

Grinstead would not say if the department is investigating any possible connections to the case of Ashanti Billie, an 18-year-old college student who disappeared in Virginia Beach in September. Billie was found dead 11 days later behind a church in Charlotte, N.C.

Eric Brian Brown, 45, is charged with kidnapping and murder in connection with her death.

Grinstead said the department is looking into all evidence and investigating all tips, but he said releasing specific details could jeopardize the case.
    More at link-

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...204-story.html

Since Hampton PD waited a week or more to issue an Amber Alert (because of little Chloe), I wonder if they checked traffic cameras when her family reported her missing. If they waited over a week for the AA, it makes me wonder what they did in the interim and I don't know how long the videos are kept.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

Bumping for Keir and Chloe. Sending love and support to the family and friends. Where are you??

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9