1001 users online (171 members and 830 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

19 Said Killed in SeaPlane Crash Off Miami

-- Six bodies recovered after a plane carrying 16 people crashes off Miami Beach, Coast Guard tells CNN.

From CNN News alerts.
    www.cnn.com
    Last edited by PrayersForMaura; 12-19-2005 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Edited title of thread, new news came in since the story was posted.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Plane crashes off Miami Beach

Developing story...

MIAMI BEACH, Florida (AP) -- A propeller plane carrying at least 19 people crashed Monday off Miami Beach, and at least two people were killed, authorities said.
    The Chalk's Ocean Airways plane went down shortly before 3 p.m.

"We're still trying to get people out of the water," said Javier Otero, Miami Beach Fire Department support services chief.

He said two people were confirmed dead.

Otero said the plane was one that regularly flies to and from the Bahamas, but he did not immediately know whether the aircraft was incoming or outgoing.

A witness, Frank Amadeo, told WSVN-TV that he saw a huge explosion in the sky and the plane fall behind a condominium tower on Biscayne Bay in Miami Beach.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/19/mia....ap/index.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura

A witness, Frank Amadeo, told WSVN-TV that he saw a huge explosion
    Hmmmmmm

I know ... I was thinking the same thing.

A couple of girls were watching TV while eating in our lunchroom. They called me in because I'm from Miami. I saw part of the plane near the jetty. Doesn't look like a huge explosion, the piece of wreckage is rather large. I have flown on Chalk's airline several times in the past to Bimini. I believe they may be the oldest continuing airline in the US.

This is sad. I believe the area is the main channel for the cruise ships coming and going out of the port of Miami.

Hi BarnGoddess and Prayers,

Is this mental telapathy you guys got going about the word explosion? This is so sad.

Scandi

Well, I do subscribe to the "planes being shot down theory" but I think odd things sometimes.
    I also believe in things illegally coming in and out of our country and people trying to stop it from happening at all costs.
    But heck, if it's an old plane, who knows. IT could just be bad machinery.
    Could be anything.

(AP) MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A seaplane carrying at least 16 people crashed off Miami Beach within sight of the city's high-rises Monday, killing at least 12 of those aboard, authorities said. Scuba divers and rescuers in speedboats struggled to reach the victims.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Until we get more details, I'm tending to think this is probably mechanical rather than a criminal act. The airline is a well respected legitimate one with a long history of seaplane flights to the islands. One trip I went on with my parents to visit a new Episcopal Church on Bimini. We flew over, attended church, then flew back. The experience in sea planes is really neat, taking off and landing on water.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess
    Until we get more details, I'm tending to think this is probably mechanical rather than a criminal act. The airline is a well respected legitimate one with a long history of seaplane flights to the islands. One trip I went on with my parents to visit a new Episcopal Church on Bimini. We flew over, attended church, then flew back. The experience in sea planes is really neat, taking off and landing on water.
    I believe you are correct. The latest news is all 19 aboard are dead. The ocean lifguards reported seeing smoke from the engine and what appeared to be a wing falling off. A pilot guest on CNN described debris being attached to the floaters on the wing as a possible cause. Making the plane have a lift problem and, therefore, an engine problem. It is just so sad that people having a fun journey would end in tragedy.

Some of the bodies recovered were infants how sad.

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A propeller-driven seaplane carrying 20 people crashed off Miami Beach within sight of the city's high-rises Monday, killing at least 19 of those aboard, authorities said. Witnesses said the plane blew apart in the air, and the FBI joined in the investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051219/ap_on_re_us/plane_crash

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Here in Michigan a small plane also had to make an emergency landing, right in the middle of a busy interstate at rush hour!

Luckily in this one, no one was hurt.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5578995/detail.html

Dozens of surfers witness crash off Miami

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Vincent Dilella looked up when he heard a strange sound from the sky, knowing almost immediately that something was horribly wrong.

He saw a seaplane about 300 feet in the air, emerging from behind one of the many high-rise condominiums that dot the coast of Miami Beach. In a moment, one of the aircraft's wings was in flames, generating such heat that Dilella felt the warmth on his face.

"We heard an explosion, and it looked like it was going down," said Dilella, a high school senior from the Miami suburb of Kendall. "And it looked like it was coming down on people. You knew right away that something was really, really wrong."

More: http://www.heraldonline.com/24hour/n...11672680c.html

Reports differ on the number of passengers aboard the plane

Plane Crashes, Sinks, Off Miami, 19 Bodies Recovered (Update1)

Dec. 19 (Bloomberg) -- A seaplane with at least 19 people aboard crashed off the coast of Miami shortly after takeoff, the U.S. Coast Guard said. There were no survivors and 19 bodies were recovered.

The twin-engine Grumman G73 seaplane operated by Chalk's Ocean Airways was en route to Bimini in the Bahamas, said Roger Nair, general manager and director of operations at Chalk's, during a news briefing. Flight 101, which took off from Watson Island, was carrying 18 passengers, including three infants, and two crew members when it went down, he said.

Reports of the number of people on board have differed, with Miami police and fire officials saying the plane carried 19. Some bodies were recovered from the water and others from the plane, said Floyd Jordan, Miami Beach's fire chief during a news conference.

More: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aNbdI8FY8QsQ

I'm thinking the babies probably were not counted, so it could be 20 like the Yahoo story reported. When I first posted this thread, the count was at 16. It's going to take a while to sort out details I am sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast