1091 users online (229 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2017.05.04 - Trump Executive Order On Religious Liberty

The executive order President Trump is expected to sign Thursday will be focused on the Johnson Amendment and allow non-profit organizations to deny certain health coverage for religious reasons, administration sources told Fox News Wednesday.

Trump will instruct the Treasury Department and the IRS to not enforce the provisions of the Johnson Amendment regarding political activity in churches and non-profit organizations, according to sources.

The timing and contents of the order, which would come on the National Day of Prayer, are still "very fluid" and there are still several drafts, according to a senior administration official.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html

Wow. Welcome to Iran and Saudi Arabia!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
    The executive order President Trump is expected to sign Thursday will be focused on the Johnson Amendment and allow non-profit organizations to deny certain health coverage for religious reasons, administration sources told Fox News Wednesday.

Trump will instruct the Treasury Department and the IRS to not enforce the provisions of the Johnson Amendment regarding political activity in churches and non-profit organizations, according to sources.

The timing and contents of the order, which would come on the National Day of Prayer, are still "very fluid" and there are still several drafts, according to a senior administration official.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urces-say.html
    Wonderful!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Clergy members warn that Donald Trump’s religious liberty executive order will “harm others in the name of those beliefs”

In a full-page ad that was republished in Politico, more than 1,300 members of the clergy argue that “the religious freedom upon which our nation was founded has allowed our country’s diverse religious landscape to flourish. The draft executive order flies in the face of that rich diversity by enshrining one religious perspective — on marriage, gender identity, health care, and the role of houses of worship in partisan politics — into law, above all others.” They also point out that “freedom of religion guarantees us the right to hold any belief we choose and to act on our religious beliefs, but it does not allow us to harm others in the name of those beliefs.”
    From the letter to Trump:

Furthermore, freedom of religion guarantees us the right to hold any belief we choose and to act on our religious beliefs, but it does not allow us to harm others in the name of those beliefs. We are appalled by the widespread discrimination that this draft order would unleash across all areas of life--including in some cases with taxpayer dollars--on our congregants, our neighbors, our families, so many Americans we may never personally know, and indeed even many of us personally.
    Full letter and names:
    1,300 Faith Leaders Oppose Discrimination in the Name of Religion

When it comes to Obamacare, Staver cites instances like the Hobby Lobby case and Little Sisters of the Poor, in which pro-life Americans were being forced to violate their religious beliefs on abortion.

"Obamacare spawned an unprecedented number of lawsuits over religious liberty. Most of the litigation is still ongoing. President Trump now has the opportunity, through executive order, to reverse course and rein in the federal government's assault on religious freedom," Staver writes.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics...-day-of-prayer

Congressional Republicans Urge Trump to Sign Religious Liberty Executive Order

Examples cited in the letter included former President Barack Obama's controversial contraception mandate, state-level legislation in places like California that compel religious organizations to cover abortion in their healthcare plans, and the perceived threat to the tax exemption status of religious colleges who oppose gay marriage.

"Because religious liberty is of such importance and under such threat, we believe that the draft executive order should be signed without delay and that all the protections discussed in this letter should be enshrined permanently in our laws," continued the letter.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/co...fgXpYtz3MHp.99

Hm.So,if I,had a business that was Muslim or Jewish,I could force people to not eat pork or shellfish? How about if I was 7th Day Adventist? Could I force people to not eat meat ? I think they are getting down on GMO's too.

How about if I was Jehovah Witness? Could I force people not to vote or to get blood?

How about some of the Native religions?
    Last edited by human; 05-03-2017 at 07:37 PM.

This order is just a license to discriminate. It will be overturned.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Hm.So,if I,had a business that was Muslim or Jewish,I could force people to not eat pork or shelffish? How about if I was 7th Day Adventist? Could I force people to not eat meat ? I think they are getting down in GMO's too.

How about if I was Jehovah Witness? Could I force people not to vote or to get blood?
    Under this EO, if a company is JW, they could refuse to provide healthcare coverage that includes transplants, blood transfusions.

Can't wait for the 9th circuit and those "so called" judges to weigh in on this one, like on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by simba16 View Post
    Can't wait for the 9th circuit and those "so called" judges to weigh in on this one, like on Friday.
    Although imperfect, our legal system is charged with ensuring that laws and executive orders are in line with our constitution. If any circuit weighs in, it is for the better of the country in the long run. Better things done right than chip away at our constitution.

Kind of O/T but related to Trump's EOs: Ivanka plans on reviewing the Executive Orders before her father signs them. She's a clothing/shoe designer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/u...nka-trump.html
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    Kind of O/T but related to Trump's EOs: Ivanka plans on reviewing the Executive Orders before her father signs them. She's a clothing/shoe designer.

Well that makes perfect sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post

I'm in Indiana where Pence was governor and had to partially repeal his own religious liberty exec order..

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast