MO MO - Springfield, UnkSex/Race 10-20, UP5032, partial cranium found, Dec'07

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 5032

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5032

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found December 21, 2007 in Greene County, MO
Body Condition: Not recognizable - near complete or complete skeleton
Probable year of death: to 2007

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 10-20
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA:
Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling

Case History
:
Parietal and occipital portions of cranium

What the heck!! I live right here in Springfield and did not know this. How can I find accurate location of where in Springfield it was found?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3459dfmo.html

I found this lady in the next town missing but she is older

Sandra L Spoon
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: August 28, 2005
Location Last Seen: Joplin, Jasper County, Missouri

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: July 22, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 57 yrs
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5' 5
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 100 lbs
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Previous fractured bones in face

They are saying ages 11-21. The lady in Joplin is 57 but i have seen where ages can be wrong. Joplin is right off of I 44 and it leads to Springfield. But I don't know the area that the body was located. Not sure of local LE would tell me.

Maybe this is link with other partial cranium???

They must not have been able to find the frontal nasal bones of the skulls to try to narrow down ancestry/genealogy. Otherwise that is where I would start so we have more than just an age to go off of :(

Bumping with Romulus' post upthread in mind..

Two partial skulls found in Springfield, Missouri? As in the same Springfield, Missouri that The Springfield Three went missing from? Surely, they must've been checked against these remains? They are on (almost) every second ruleout list of every Jane Doe/UID in NamUs!

UP5031's (the other partial skull) WS thread:
MO - MO - Greene Co, UnkSex&Race UP5031, 11-21, partial cranium found, Mar'08

Same initial thoughts here. The thing is the Springfield three went missing in 1992. Estimated deaths of the two partial craniums found are 2008 (the one found on March 13, 2008) and 2007 (the one found on December 21, 2007). Even if the girls were "kept" they would have been far to old in 2007 or 2008 to be a match.

All in all, these two cases, from the same county (Greene) are very concerning.

Two young persons (in the mp system) could be this UID (found in December 2007)

Kelly Allen, missing since March 13, 2007 (strange coincidence, same date the other UID was found a year later), from Berkeley, MO, 21 yrs at the time (3 hours 24 min. drive)
Have you seen this child? Kelly Allen

Thomas Darnell Jr., missing since August 27, 2007, from Hollister, MO, 17 yrs at the time (50 minutes drive)
Have you seen this child? Thomas Darnell jr

As there are no identifiers for this UID, there is no change to find a match.

Okay, surely we’re (or I am) missing something here and they’ve ruled out these belonging to the same person. What are the odds that they’d get sequential NamUs numbers? This somehow reminds me of Dean Corll’s victims - the confusion that still exists due to the number of bodies found within a small area.

In this list they say estimated date of death is unknown. If we go along with that the remains could be from anybody who went missing before 21/21/2007. It could even be an archaeological find. So far I couldn't find paper clippings about the finding.

U640021914 SPRINGFIELD PD Springfield, Missouri Unknown Unknown GREENE 12/21/2007 10-20 1987-1997 UNKNOWN Unknown Unknown UNK, COMPLETELY BALD UNKNOWN Unknown Unknown No Poster Available

Active Unidentified Persons

The other partial skull found in 2008 is not on the above list.

Question is were this remains found in the same approx. spot or totally different spots...is there a skeleton, without skull, found somewhere in MO? Knowing that would give maybe some leads to search.....Sadly IMO at this moment there is to little information for a successful search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back