Identified! SC - Charleston, Foot in shoe at City Marina, May'17 - Everett Middleton

inmyhumbleopinion

#NeverGivingUp
Reaction score
"'The complainant notified employees at the marina that a shoe has been sitting on the dock for approximately six days with possible remains of a human foot inside of it,' the report said.
The shoe — a teal, size 9 Adidas sneaker — had a black sock inside of it, the report said. An object believed to be a human bone was seen inside the shoe and sticking out of the top."
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_18da530e-3100-11e7-9fd2-ab7340574511.html

590b82b575a53.image.jpg

very strange... that shoe is a unique color, someone will hopefully remember it. do they think this person was dismembered, or disarticulated in the water?

Nice shoes, they have been popular over here for many years. Could be male or female that wore them

It has been said Heathers favorite color is teal but I doubt she would wear a size 9.

It has been said Heathers favorite color is teal but I doubt she would wear a size 9.

I was going to ask, "Heather who" but then Heather Elvis quickly came to mind.
From the linked article, kind of crazy it was siting on the dock for 6 days. Odd.
This is the beautiful downtown "city marina". As you drive highway 17, and cross over the bridges you can see the huge yachts or sailboats of the wealthy.

JMO

memorable shoes

I read that they debuted in the 80's

memorable shoes

I read that they debuted in the 80's

Yep, idk if it's the same shoe or a variation on them but we call them 'sambas'

I've owned a pair myself in the past.

I really hope they can identify them. I can't imagine being the person to discover someone's foot..my gosh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a bunch of feet inside shoes found several years ago.. I want to say Puget Sound area...? Anyway, I'm just remembering a Rachel Maddow show about how many of them were eventually identified and something about how certain types of shoes end up protecting the feet from decaying at the same rate as the unprotected parts.. Ugh so gross sorry. IDK if that's what happened here.

I was going to ask, "Heather who" but then Heather Elvis quickly came to mind.
From the linked article, kind of crazy it was siting on the dock for 6 days. Odd.
This is the beautiful downtown "city marina". As you drive highway 17, and cross over the bridges you can see the huge yachts or sailboats of the wealthy.

JMO

BBM

Yes and no. There is always something sitting on the docks. I've seen where some of the boats will have a pair of shoes sitting at the foot of the boat steps on the dock... just like some people leave their shoes outside the door of their home. People may have walked by the shoe thinking someone found a shoe and left it for the owner to claim.

What creeps me out is that, in my uneducated opinion, it does not appear to have been in the water long. If so, I would think that the effects of the salt water would have caused some deterioration.

Also, there was heavy rain last week, the parking lot flooded. It could have washed up somewhere at that time.

Charleston County Coroner Rae Wooten said it is a size 9 man's shoe. Wooten stressed that this does not necessarily mean it is a man's foot.

Wooten said it would be impossible to determine how long the shoe had been in the water, but said it may have been brought to the surface during last week's severe weather. She said it is possible someone cleaning floating debris from the water tossed the shoe onto the dock, perhaps not realizing it contained human remains.

http://www.live5news.com/story/35345426/police-severed-foot-found-on-dock-at-charleston-marina

9 is not that big for a man but 9 mens is pretty big for a woman.

[h=3]Coroner identifies human foot found in marina, remains at Citadel as missing man[/h]
Authorities say the individual has been identified as 20-year-old Everett Middleton who was reported missing on Dec. 23, 2016.

"Identification was made through DNA testing in which specimens from both the foot and the other remains were compared to an existing DNA profile for the decedent," Coroner Rae Wooten said. "At this time the “Cause” and “Manner” of death remain “Undetermined” pending further investigation."
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/35489...d-in-marina-remains-at-citadel-as-missing-man

Did a shark do it?

Or, an alligator?

ETA - Sorry, I posted before reading to the end of the thread.

RIP Everett Middleton
Prayers to his family.

ETA Did we have a thread on Everett's disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back