AL AL - Wayne Douglas Bryan, 52, Enterprise, 15 Dec 1995

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1185dmal.html[/FONT]

Wayne Douglas Bryan
Missing since December 15, 1995 from Enterprise, Coffee County, Alabama.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: August 29, 1943
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 52 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 185 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
* Clothing: Blue jeans, light blue and navy flannel shirt and suede ankle high boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On December 15, 1995, Wayne Bryan was last seen working at his property in Enterprise, Alabama. His truck, personal items and his dog were left behind. Early searches revealed no clues in his disappearance. Reports of a small red car driven by a white male in the area around the time of his disappearance also led police nowhere.

Even in the years since, new searches have been conducted. In 2000, police searched and drained an area of Double Bridges Creek off State Road 134 and about three miles from where Bryan disappeared. Heavy equipment was brought in and earthen dams constructed to divert water away from the search site. Cadaver dogs were also used in the search. All to no avail.

10 Year Anniversary and still no clues in this disappearance. He would be 62 years old now.

After reviewing all the pics on the Doe Network, since December 1995 I've come up with these 2 possibilities.

I actually don't think either is Wayne Bryan so I haven't contacted anybody.... yet.... What do you think?

Possible Match #1

WBryan.jpg
155UMAZ.jpg

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/155umaz.html[/font]
Unidentified White Male
* Located on March 11, 1996 in Williams, Coconino County, Arizona.
* Cause of death undetermined
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 45 - 55 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'10".
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly had a beard, gray to medium brown in color. Head hair, brown in color.

There is very little information, but what is provided does match Wayne's date of disappearance, and stats.... problem is, what would he be doing in Arizona?

Possible Match #2

WBryan.jpg
700UMNY.jpg

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/700umny.html[/font]
Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on February 15, 2005 in Town of Warwick, Orange County, New York
* Estimated Date of Death: between 5 and 10 years.
* Skeletal remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 50 - 55 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Pelvic fracture
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing: Nike sneakers

Case History
Skeletal remains were found by hikers in the Sterling Forest area of the Palisades State Park, approximately 3 miles into the woods off Lone Meadow Road in the Town of Warwick, Orange County, N.Y.

Time frame fits, age fits, composite is close, but did Wayne Bryan have a Pelvic Fracture? Its not mentioned anywhere that I could find (I'm assuming its a healed fracture and wasn't the reason this man died). Also why would he have travelled to NY?

Sometimes people can get pelvic stress fractures from exercising too much, and not even know it. If you don't go to a doctor, you can't tell whether your pelvis was actually fractured or whether it's hurting for some other reason.

Possible Match #1: I think it is unlikely whoever was responsible for this mans disappearance would have traveled to Arizona before disposing of his body. But you never know. I would have to know more about the victim’s personal life to be able to truly make an educated guess on that. It is possible that he or the killer was in some way connected to the area. They are similar in appearance.

Possible Match #2: I ruled this one out only because I don't think whoever was responsible for this mans disappearance would have stolen his shoes and then taken time to replace them with Nike tennis shoes. But the resemblance is very striking.

I'm familar with the second Doe....The Sterling Forest area was recently reopened to the public and is a very popular hiking area (the road is "Long" Meadow, not Lone Meadow). There are several mines in the area, as well as the remains of iron furnaces. My sons and I were through the very area this man was found only five months before he was found. That in itself is a scary thought when hiking with a 14 year-old and a 3 year-old.
My thought, as sad as it is, is that this man had been hiking, probably not properly prepared as the terrain can be more rugged than it appears from the roadway, was injured and could not make it back to the road.

If I was a killer (and I am NOT) I would try to dispose of the body in another State... primairly because jurisdiction keeps many agencies from talking to each other! ...but I did say try, because there are all kinds of possible dangers of being found out with a dead person in the trunk!

If he is either of these two guys though, I was thinking he may have been in a mental state where he didn't know who he was - and had wandered there. People have been known to do this... whether its a memory of a place they once lived, or visited, or a family member had moved to.

There was a case near where I live a few years ago. A woman was driving and her aged husband, an Alzeimhers suffer, was in the passenger seat. She went into a gas station to pay for the gas she had just pumped into her vehicle. She had left the keys in the ignition as she had done many times before.

Just as she was coming out she saw her husband zooming off with the car!!!! This caused a great deal of concern for the family as he was quite "disabled" by the illness. He hadn't driven a car in years, etc..

Two days later another convience store clerk called the police because she recognized the missing man from a TV report. She was many miles away from where he originally disappeared, but she said she remembered him very well and that he bought cigarettes - and she even remembered the brand name!

The family was confused and unsure if it was him. He had not smoked in over 30 years but it was the brand he smoked when he had been a smoker! Anyway about a week later they did find him, diseased, in the general area of the convience store where he had bought the cigarettes. They found the cigarettes in his shirt pocket. He had run the car into a steep ditch.

So people do unexpected things. I too would like to know more about this man's life before the disappearance.... like was he on medications?

Anyway, thanks for all your input... good points to ponder....

It has been more than a decade since a Coffee County businessman and farmer disappeared without a trace.

Wayne Bryan would be 62 years old now. He was last seen at his quail farm near Enterprise on December 15th of 1995.

Information on Bryan’s disappearance has been entered into a nationwide data base and a reward is being offered by his family.
http://www.wtvynews4.com/home/headlines/2090262.html

I've given in and have emailed the two possibilities to the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.

I received a "Thanks for the tip" email today - in other words confirmation that they received the info. Don't know anything more though.

http://www.eprisenow.com/servlet/Sa...icle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353152138&path=!news

October 18, 2007

In light of Wednesday’s announcement by the District Attorney’s office of finding the remains of missing man Terry DeWayne Allums, District Attorney Gary McAliley addressed concerns of finding out what happened in the disappearance of another New Brockton man, Wayne Douglas Bryan.

McAliley said that Assistant District Attorney Tom Anderson wanted to remind the public that another New Brockton man was missing and his disappearance was baffling to investigators.

Bryan was last seen in 1995 in New Brockton.

“Wayne Douglas Bryan remains missing and it continues to be investigated as a homicide,” McAliley said. “Any member of the public having information as to the whereabouts of Wayne Bryan is requested to phone the Coffee County District Attorney’s office.”

Chief Investigator Dwight Holley said in earlier interviews about the Bryan case that investigators had little to go on.

“There were no footprints or shoe marks, no tire marks,” he explained. “It seems like he just disappeared out into thin air, but we are continuing to search and follow clues as to his disappearance.”

The public is asked to call the District Attorney’s office at 334-347-1142 and speak with the district attorney or one of the investigators.

“We want to see Wayne Bryan’s name off of the Alabama Department of Public Safety’s Missing Persons website as well,” McAliley said.

Searches with the Coffee County District Attorney’s office, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department, and other law enforcement agencies, have been conducted throughout Coffee County as leads have been followed.

Some of Terry DeWayne Allums’ remains were found April 2 of this year and positively identified this week.

If the remains were in water, could they have dissolved in the 5 years between his disappearance and when they looked? I just don't think that he would have left his dog.

If the remains were in water, could they have dissolved in the 5 years between his disappearance and when they looked?

The flesh, yes, but I'm not sure about the bones. I've written about lots of cases where people were found in rivers, etc., years after they died. One case I resolved recently (a month or so ago), a man jumped off a bridge while running from the police and never resurfaced. They found his bones in the river five or six years later.

Bumping. I came across this MP reading on another forum. His disappearance is a real mystery in our area. There is an interesting article about halfway down the page about a drug bust and suspicion the ones busted had something to do with his disappearance.

I don't know how to C & P the article to keep in TOS here.

That drug bust. Was in my community. It was a big one.i remember it well.

I'm wondering if LE thinks the victim inadvertently stumbled upon a meth lab and they killed him.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=72

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back