973 users online (92 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Earl Becker, Starke, 5 May 2017

Earl Becker, is missing and elderly. He was last seen at approximately 8:30 a.m. Friday morning.

Becker was possibly last spotted at the Kangaroo Express in Starke at the intersection of US Highway 301 and State Road 16 at approximately 7:30 p.m. Friday evening.

Becker was last seen wearing a multi-colored plaid short sleeved shirt, blue jeans, black slippers and possibly a baseball cap that had "Jesus" printed on the front.

Becker has various medical issues and it is imperative that he be found in a timely manor(sic).

It is believed that Becker is traveling on foot.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mb/new...sues/437301855

I did a quick google search of his name, and an address in Starke came up. If this is actually his address, I really hope he didn't walk all the way to the gas station--it's 3 miles and the Florida sun is not very forgiving. Also, if he took the route google maps recommended, he would be crossing over "Alligator Creek" (it looks like there's a small overpass there). I wonder if he usually did a lot of walking? He would've passed quite a few businesses (including a bank), so I would check the security tapes if possible.

I also wonder if they meant "flip-flops" or "sandals" when they said "black slippers"... most people in FL wear flip-flops on a regular basis, but slippers (house shoes) seem like a bad choice for such a long walk.

Of course, I have no proof of his residence, route, or physical ability; these are just my initial thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by SociologySleuth View Post
    I did a quick google search of his name, and an address in Starke came up. If this is actually his address, I really hope he didn't walk all the way to the gas station--it's 3 miles and the Florida sun is not very forgiving. Also, if he took the route google maps recommended, he would be crossing over "Alligator Creek" (it looks like there's a small overpass there). I wonder if he usually did a lot of walking? He would've passed quite a few businesses (including a bank), so I would check the security tapes if possible.

I also wonder if they meant "flip-flops" or "sandals" when they said "black slippers"... most people in FL wear flip-flops on a regular basis, but slippers (house shoes) seem like a bad choice for such a long walk.

Of course, I have no proof of his residence, route, or physical ability; these are just my initial thoughts.
    Wow! You are a super sleuther!!

Quote Originally Posted by SociologySleuth View Post

I would assume that based on his "various medical issues", whatever they may be, i assume he couldn't go through a 3 mile walk in the Florida sun. Hopefully he didn't pass out on his walk
    Mostly my opinion.

PJFL is offline What's done in the dark will come to the light.
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...e%20department

Starke Police Department FB page (Saturday 1:52 PM) reports he's been found safe.

PJFL is offline What's done in the dark will come to the light.
    https://www.facebook.com/StarkePoliceDepartment/

Direct link confirming he's been found safe.

Great News!

Yay! I am SO glad!