1120 users online (176 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Non-American WSers: What makes your country great or not?

So that posters who aren't American can discuss what they love about their country, here's a place for you to brag or to vent.

Canada: Free health care. A+
    Canada: Judicial system: takes forever and sentences tend to be light. C-

Canada: good education system that pays teachers an excellent salary. Teaching is a profession that is regarded with respect. A.
    Canada: Housing is expensive in all of the big cities now. Pretty much impossible to get a house now in Toronto or Vancouver. Condo living is the new norm. C-

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    So that posters who aren't American can discuss what they love about their country, here's a place for you to brag or to vent.

Canada: Free health care. A+
    Canada: Judicial system: takes forever and sentences tend to be light. C-
    I like Canada because they have the best Canada Dry Gingerale. Along with some descent hockey players. Lol.

Hugs.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Canada: Racism is still an issue, yet multiculturalism has been the norm for a long time now. We still have two OFFICIAL languages and French is taught as a mandatory subject from grades 4-9. B+

Canada: Our leader is a popular young man who is seen as "handsome" and "relevant." He is pro-marijuana and has moved actively towards its legalization. B+

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    I like Canada because they have the best Canada Dry Gingerale. Along with some descent hockey players. Lol.

Hugs.
    Hahaha! Thanks for that! Great hockey players for sure, but there are great ones everywhere.

Hahaha! Thanks for that! Great hockey players for sure, but there are great ones everywhere.
    Love the thread. But you guys give 2 years for murder. Lol.

But we do to sometimes. Lol
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Canada: love that flag! So docile and connected to nature. A.

Love the thread. But you guys give 2 years for murder. Lol.

But we do to sometimes. Lol
    Oh I get that. It's too slack. And it really ****** me off. Also, it takes 3 years or so for a case to get to trial. Once the trial gets underway, the days are 4 hours in court.

Oh I get that. It's too slack. And it really ****** me off. Also, it takes 3 years or so for a case to get to trial. Once the trial gets underway, the days are 4 hours in court.
    I would love to visit Canada though .

But after freezing my behind off in New York while moving to warm California all year around.

I have to ask. Is all of Canada always cold with Alaska summers only?
    Last edited by DexterMorgan; 05-06-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Canada: publication bans are the norm to protect each criminal case. Many see this as protecting the accused in a crime a little too much (or a lot). Many feel the victims have less rights than the accused. C-

But after freezing my behind off in Nrw York while moving to warm California all year around.

There is serious fluctuation of temperatures now. There can be +/- 20 degrees Celsius (sorry, Metric girl here) from one day to the next or even from the day to overnight. Summers are hot and humid. It is yuck here in Toronto in the wet heat of the summer. The worst though, is the winder with an even zero degrees where the snow is slush and just crapola.

But after freezing my behind off in Nrw York while moving to warm California all year around.

Canada has four distinct seasons, each one with it's own spectacular beauty. A+

Canada doesn't have good television shows. They are crap. Except Murdoch Mysteries which is wonderful. D- for the crappy TV.
    Last edited by musicaljoke; 05-06-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Any others out there who have questions about Canada? Hahaha. I can try. How about WSers from other Nations? Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    Canada has four distinct seasons, each one with it's own spectacular beauty. A+

Canada doesn't good television shows. They are crap. Except Murdoch Mysteries which is wonderful. D- for the crappy TV.
    ITA agree with the TV. That's why SCTV made fun of it for years!

I would love to visit Canada though

We would love to have you visit. The answer to your question about it always being cold here is a secret. We let the world think that they will surely freeze to death if they cross into Canada. This fear of freezing protects us from our enemies and therefore we don't need a military.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast