970 users online (92 members and 878 guests)  

Websleuths News

Central Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.
    CARIIS,

The first thing you need to understand is impeaching anyone is more about politics than the law. You could, in theory, impeach a sitting Congressman for jaywalking.

Impeachment does not and will not happen unless or until the individual is too toxic to remain in office. Don't go getting your hopes up just yet.

IMO we are Thank god!

lISTEN For 15 secs starting at around :48 best news I have heard and he is power hitter !!

there !
    Quote Originally Posted by chloes1 View Post
    CARIIS,

The first thing you need to understand is impeaching anyone is more about politics than the law. You could, in theory, impeach a sitting Congressman for jaywalking.

Impeachment does not and will not happen unless or until the individual is too toxic to remain in office. Don't go getting your hopes up just yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...is-impeachment
    Trump administration |Opinion
    Six months into America's nightmare, how likely is Trump's impeachment?
    Last modified on Friday 21 July 2017 13.17 EDT
    […]
    What does the next chapter in the Trump Saga look like? There are only so many possible fates for our president: an early departure, defeat in his re-election bid or a second term. The first scenario hinges on the outcome of the congressional elections next year. The second and third depend entirely on what follows.
    Early departure is not, like Nixon, going to happen voluntarily. Even in a coerced state, the president shows no sense of shame or expectation of defeat. Trump will need to be impeached and convicted at his impeachment trial, in order to leave office ahead of an election.
    […]
    Even with Democrats swiping back control of the Senate – against all the odds, given the seats up for election next year – they will never enjoy the two-thirds majority required to remove Trump from office.
    If you think it was hard for Republicans to vote to repeal and replace Obamacare, you might ask yourself how hard it is for them to repeal and replace Donald Trump.
    […]

Nixon "gave up the fight" and resigned because he was given an offer he could not refuse. A full pardon, promised by Vice President Gerald Ford. He was urged to take the deal by Ford and other highly respected congressional leaders.

Up until the moment this deal was offered to Nixon he was maintaining an "I am not a quitter. I will fight to the end." stance. And interestingly, the pardon was for Nixon only. Period. No book that I've read (and I've read a whole lot of them) has ever said that Nixon ever even asked about extending pardons to all of his henchmen who got caught up in the web. They all got convicted and went to jail - from his Attorney General on down.

We do not know at this time if any crimes have been committed. By anyone. But we will know eventually.

If crimes are found and he is offered a pardon to resign, I think Trump would take the deal.

And Jared, and Donnie Jr., and Manafort, and Flynn, and...and...and... well, who knows?