1075 users online (166 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Alice Johnson Myers, 66, Palm Valley, May 2017

Police are not sure when Alice Johnson Myers went missing from her townhouse apartment here.

“The neighbors were out there with her Thursday night by the swimming pool and then Friday morning, she’s gone,” Police Chief Alvaro Garcia said yesterday.

As of now, police do not suspect foul play.

“There is no sign of forced entry to her house. Everything is in order in her house. If something out of the ordinary would have happened, the neighbors would have seen something,” Garcia said.

“It looks like she left and nobody knows where she went. We have no idea where she might have gone.”

He said Myers lives alone in the townhouse.

Myers does have a cell phone with her. But calls are going straight to voice mail, Garcia said.

Myers is described as 5 feet, 2 inches tall, 135 pounds with brown hair and green eyes.

She may be driving a 2015 four-door Chevrolet Cruze with temporary paper license plates 29R6343.

Myers just bought the car on Thursday, which is why it has paper plates, Garcia said.

http://m.valleymorningstar.com/news/....html?mode=jqm

So sad and scary.

http://kfyo.com/palm-valley-police-s...rs-in-lubbock/

"On Monday, May 8th, her car was discovered in the parking lot of the United Supermarket at 50th Street and Avenue Q after a male by the name of “Joe” called Boggus Ford, claiming to be a friend of Ms. Myers. The man gave police the location of the vehicle, claiming she no longer wanted it."

Well that definitely sounds suspicious. Why would you buy a car and then decide you don't want it and leave it in a grocery store parking lot? Sounds like "Joe" made that story up, weird that he would call the dealership though and speak to police.

ETA
    At the bottom of this article is a link to the call made to Boggus Ford.
    http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_331352/con...tguid=YC5CSy1l

Yikes. Possibly still has a temp tag and it seems "Joe" hasn't personally met with police when locating her car.
    Just a call.
    I wonder why the call to alert on her car.
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 05-09-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    ETA
    Thank you for that link...I'm finding it incredible that police don't suspect foul play after hearing that call.

O m gee...So from the article below Joe is the car salesman of the 2nd vehicle(Jeep Patriot).

Missing Palm Valley Mother Abandons New Car, Purchases Another in North Texas

According to Sgt Cody Hunt, Myers purchased a vehicle Saturday at Boggus Ford in Harlingen and traveled to Lubbock.

In Lubbock, Myers abandoned her newly purchased 2015 Chevy Cruze at a United Supermarkets parking lot after purchasing a 2016 Jeep Patriot from Hayes Motor Co.

"The car salesman that sold it [Jeep Patriot] to her is on the surveillance video scene dropping the vehicle off at that store call our Police Department and told the police what had actually happened that she had purchased a new vehicle and just chose to abandon that vehicle."

The salesman told Palm Valley Police, Myers was alone when she purchased the Jeep Patriot, "she only had her own bags. So, we don't suspect any foul play or there's somebody that's coercing her or forcing her to do any of this stuff." said Sgt Hunt.

Myers is diagnosed with a bipolar disorder.

She is 5 feet 2 inches tall with brown hair and green eyes.

The Jeep Patriot may have temporary tag: 24L9954.

http://www.rgvproud.com/news/local-n...exas/710368446
    Last edited by LisaWL7TR; 05-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.

O m gee...So from the article below Joe is the car salesman of the 2nd vehicle(Jeep Patriot).

Missing Palm Valley Mother Abandons New Car, Purchases Another in North Texas

According to Sgt Cody Hunt, Myers purchased a vehicle Saturday at Boggus Ford in Harlingen and traveled to Lubbock.

In Lubbock, Myers abandoned her newly purchased 2015 Chevy Cruze at a United Supermarkets parking lot after purchasing a 2016 Jeep Patriot from Hayes Motor Co.

"The car salesman that sold it [Jeep Patriot] to her is on the surveillance video scene dropping the vehicle off at that store call our Police Department and told the police what had actually happened that she had purchased a new vehicle and just chose to abandon that vehicle."

The salesman told Palm Valley Police, Myers was alone when she purchased the Jeep Patriot, "she only had her own bags. So, we don't suspect any foul play or there's somebody that's coercing her or forcing her to do any of this stuff." said Sgt Hunt.

Myers is diagnosed with a bipolar disorder.

She is 5 feet 2 inches tall with brown hair and green eyes.

The Jeep Patriot may have temporary tag: 24L9954.

http://www.rgvproud.com/news/local-n...exas/710368446
    Wow! I guess he didn't make the story up. His phone call was still weird though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalipop View Post
    Wow! I guess he didn't make the story up. His phone call was still weird though.
    Imho...It still is weird to me.
    Why leave the older new car at the grocery store and have the newest car delivered there?

ETA

Yikes. Possibly still has a temp tag and it seems "Joe" hasn't personally met with police when locating her car.
    Just a call.
    I wonder why the call to alert on her car.
    According to this same website, she's been found safe

Quote Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
    According to this same website, she's been found safe
    Oh good!! I was fearing the worst.

From the article Lisa posted...

"The following is a statement provided by Palm Valley PD:

Ms. Myers was located in Dawson County near La Mesa, Texas on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 3:50 pm by a sheriff's deputy. Ms. Myers was found safe in her vehicle and taken to the Dawson Sheriff's Office. Our department was contacted and proceeded to notify relatives of her location. Ms. Myers was released to the custody of a family friend and arrangements are being made for her to return home.
    Copyright 2017 KCBD. All rights reserved."

Very thankful she's ok. I still feel Joe's phone call was beyond strange. Why would a salesman from an auto dealership identify himself as her "friend"?

I'm just so glad she's been found! ❤

Gee, could it be that this salesman maybe dealt with her at an earlier time while she was car shopping. Maybe he followed up with her, she told him she bought a different car and perhaps he was persistent, sensed her mental symptoms and talked her into buying his vehicle instead and told her he'd take care of returning the old one? In other words perhaps he took advantage of her vunerability?

Just trying to make some sense with this story. In any event, I'm glad she is found safe and I hope she has some relatives that can help ensure her future safety.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk