1221 users online (220 members and 1001 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,430

    How to edit your post or thread title

    Please note: Once you publish a post, you'll have only a limited amount of time to edit it. Once the timer has expired, you will need mod assistance to make any changes.


    To edit a post:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of your post.

    2. Make desired changes to your post.

    3. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    4. Click the Save button.


    To edit a thread title:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of the opening post.

    2. Click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the post.

    3. Make desired changes to your title.

    4. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    5. Click the Save button.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,742
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Please note: Once you publish a post, you'll have only a limited amount of time to edit it. Once the timer has expired, you will need mod assistance to make any changes.


    To edit a post:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of your post.

    2. Make desired changes to your post.

    3. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    4. Click the Save button.


    To edit a thread title:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of the opening post.

    2. Click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the post.

    3. Make desired changes to your title.

    4. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    5. Click the Save button.
    LOL! Thank you sis!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,007
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Please note: Once you publish a post, you'll have only a limited amount of time to edit it. Once the timer has expired, you will need mod assistance to make any changes.


    To edit a post:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of your post.

    2. Make desired changes to your post.

    3. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    4. Click the Save button.


    To edit a thread title:

    1. Click the Edit Post button at the bottom of the opening post.

    2. Click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the post.

    3. Make desired changes to your title.

    4. Add a reason for editing, if you wish.

    5. Click the Save button.
    I think this was posted for me. Lol

    I always do a search before posting but what if i find after I posted that I have created a double post. Can I delete or do I still need to alert a mod?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,430
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    I think this was posted for me. Lol

    I always do a search before posting but what if i find after I posted that I have created a double post. Can I delete or do I still need to alert a mod?
    No, definitely not just you, lol. These tutorials address some of our most frequent requests for help.

    You do need to alert for mod assistance with duplicate threads. It's an easy fix though, so don't feel shy about asking.

  5. #5
    I read the format on adding a missing person. When I went to add one, i had to choose a location from a drop down menu. I thought that was going to put the state in front of my post.
    I tried to edit, but was unable to change the headline.
    If an admin could be please put WA in front of the Sierra Boje post, I would be a grateful newbie!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    AZ/MN USA
    Posts
    1,904
    How do you go about asking a MOD to correct or change someone elses thread title?
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,430
    Quote Originally Posted by doodles1211 View Post
    How do you go about asking a MOD to correct or change someone elses thread title?
    Use the Alert button to send your request.



Similar Threads

  1. Trying to Edit The Title of A Case That Won't Edit
    By Satch in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2012, 05:46 PM