705 users online (78 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA-Daughter stabs M.D. father to death after breakup with fiance

http://triblive.com/local/plum/12277...ccer-community

"The arrest of former Pitt Panther Christina Nicassio for allegedly stabbing her father to death stunned greater Pittsburgh's soccer community — especially those who coached and played alongside the Plum woman for years and perceived her to be a hard-working role model on the field.

“Everybody is reeling from this, for Christina and for her family,” said Sue-Moy Chin, who was head coach of University of Pittsburgh's women's soccer team while Nicassio was on the team from 2007-10. “Completely, completely out of character. We keep thinking, ‘This is not her.' ”

Nicassio, 27, is being held in the Allegheny County Jail on a homicide charge for the murder of her father, UPMC internist and primary care physician Anthony Nicassio, 69, who died of stab wounds to his chest inside his Capri Court home at 3:30 a.m. Saturday, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office said.

Hours earlier, Christina Nicassio grabbed a knife from the kitchen, and when her father tried to take it from her, she stabbed him twice because she “felt the world was ending,” a criminal complaint said.

Her parents — worried she needed medical intervention after breaking up with her fiancé and beginning to speak nonsensically — were trying to restrain their daughter and get her into a vehicle to check into Forbes Hospital for treatment, the complaint continued.

“They were trying to take me to the hospital to figure out what's wrong with me,” she told police. “I didn't want to go.”
    When officers pressed why the Plum High School graduate believed her dad “had to die,” she initially replied, “I don't know,” then later referenced Hollywood and the movie, “The Mummy Returns.”
    “In a movie, someone who can't love someone else, they stab their father,” she told police."

This took place very close to where I live. Sounds like this doctor was stabbed to death as our local police sat outside waiting for backup. How sad.

She had to be on something pretty strong to reference a movie.

"Just hours after she was arrested and accused of fatally stabbing her father, Christina Nicassio repeatedly rushed headfirst at a cell wall in the Allegheny County Jail.

Ms. Nicassio, 27, told an officer “she should have done it” before she was booked. She*was taken by ambulance to Allegheny General Hospital in stable condition on Saturday, shortly after the 2:45 p.m. incident, according to jail reports obtained by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Her attorney, Patrick Thomassey, said Ms. Nicassio received four stitches in her head and returned to the Allegheny County Jail on Sunday. She is now being closely observed and evaluated by the jail’s mental health team."

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ea...s/201705090023