UK UK - Alexander Sloley, 16, Enfield, London, 2 Aug 2008

Littlegreenlady

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/madeleine-mccann-10-year-anniversary-three-other-missing-cases_uk_59087db8e4b0bb2d08716d43?

Alexander Sloley, known as Alex, 16, left his friend’s house in Enfield, North London, at midday on Saturday, August 2, 2008 - two days before his 17th birthday.

He didn’t return home and disappeared with little money and without a change of clothes.

Alex left no trace, and police have appealed for anyone who might recognise his piercing blue eyes to contact them.

Police have also appealed to Alex - to reassure him that no matter what trouble he may face, they will help him. The Met said their inquiry continues and police are working closely with his family - they just want to know he’s safe.

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/08-019767 His missing Kids website
http://news.met.police.uk/images/missing-alex-sloley-463684 Link from the Met Police sites

His poor mum - she says the police didn't really start looking for him until 2010!!! No idea what has happened there. He disappeared 2 days before his 17th birthday.

Searching for him on the internet doesn't bring up a great deal either, it seems like he really has just been forgotten. I managed to find this
http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/crime-court/police-search-for-teen-missing-from-finsbury-park-for-seven-years-1-4229871

Enfield and Finsbury Park aren't too far away from each other. Funnily enough I was born in that area and was visiting FP only the other weekend.

11 September 2015

Police search for teen missing from Finsbury Park for seven years

_103824257_p06nl6fk.jpg
image1_9b80dfeaa937ec511d0068250d07620d.jpg
y9muqlf1uayfrvkq32uo.jpg

Police officers in Islington continue to search for a 16 year-old man who went missing seven years ago, after he failed to return to his family home in Finsbury Park.

Alex Sloley’s family has not heard from him since 11 July 2008 at approximately midday after he visited a friend in Enfield.

Accountancy student Alex was 16 when he went missing and he would be 24 now. He had little money, no wallet and no bag with extra clothes to indicate he was planning to run away.
---
At the time of his disappearance Alex was described as a light skinned black man, 5ft 5ins tall, medium build with striking blue eyes.

Police search for teen missing from Finsbury Park for seven years

Just to add, most articles states he went missing on July 11th. Some articles states though August 2.

Disappearance of Alex Sloley

Alexander Sloley, (known as Alex) disappeared without trace or apparent cause on 11 July 2008 in the London Borough of Enfield. There has been no evidence of his fate.

Background

Sloley went by the nickname “Gog”. He had studied at the Islington Arts and Media School and was attending City and Islington College.

Sloley was 16 years of age when he disappeared and was only two days away from his 17th birthday. His parents were separated, and he had three sisters: Tasha, Tazrah, and Lattina.

Disappearance

Sloley had been staying at a friend's house in Edmonton. He left there around noon on 11 July 2008 to return home for his birthday, but never arrived. When he disappeared he had little money and no change of clothes. His disappearance was uncharacteristic.

Police found nothing to indicate where Sloley may have gone. “It’s like he disappeared off the face of the planet,” one officer said in 2012. No trace of Sloley was ever recovered from CCTV footage.

Subsequent investigation

In September 2009 a possible sighting was reported in Ilford, but has never been confirmed. In October 2009 the charity Missing People and supermarket Iceland arranged for Sloley's story and photo to appear on milk cartons. Sloley's was one of the first cases to be publicised in such a manner, and he was featured on nearly 13.5m milk cartons.

In July 2015, Sloley's mother Nerissa Tivy was surprised to learn that police had received numerous reports of sightings in 2009. Tivy stated that she had met with police a number of times and they had never told her about this list.

In September 2017 Mick Neville, retired head of the Metropolitan Police’s Central Images Unit, drew comparisons between Sloley's disappearance and that of another bright maths student who disappeared without a trace. Andrew Gosden was 14 when he disappeared in 2007, less than a year before Sloley. Gosden's last known location was King’s Cross, and when Sloley disappeared he was thought to have been on his way to Islington, which is two miles from King’s Cross. “It raises the question on whether there is a serial killer on the prowl? ...the potential links between these cases need to be recognised,” said Neville.

Criticism of police investigation

Sloley's mother feels police could have done more to look for her son. Police have maintained that everything possible was done to find him.

Disappearance of Alex Sloley - Wikipedia

25 September 2009 Mum: I pray for return of my missing son

A former pupil at Islington Arts and Media School, Alex was studying accountancy at City and Islington College. He is described as a typical sports-mad boy who was good at maths and hoped to become an accountant.

“His disappearance is completely out of character,” Ms Tivy said. “I’ve got four children, including a six-year-old. Ours is a loving family. We had the usual teenage tantrums but that was all.”

Alexander is 5ft 5in tall, of slim build with blue eyes and black hair. He goes by the nickname “Gog”.

Some time before he disappeared Alex had been stopped by police after driving a vehicle under-age and was due to go to court.

“Alex wasn’t into drugs or gangs as far as I know,” Ms Tivy said. “And if he was on the run he would have contacted us by now.”

Islington News: Alexander Sloley | Missing | Edmonton | Narissa Tivy | City and Islington College

This is a weird case which has gotten very little media attention. People have mentioned a possible link between Alexander Sloley and Andrew Gosden- both who went missing unexpectedly in London, within the same year, both a similar age, male, and gifted maths students.

This is a weird case which has gotten very little media attention. People have mentioned a possible link between Alexander Sloley and Andrew Gosden- both who went missing unexpectedly in London, within the same year, both a similar age, male, and gifted maths students.

I very much doubt there is any link between those two cases for numerous reasons. I also do think some friends of Alexander might know what happened to him...

Andrew Gosden case is mystery and more likely some adult is involved...

why didn't the police interview this friend of his that last saw him?? he most likely know what happened to Alex.

My theory is that his friend could have helped him run away to maybe join a gang/drug business maybe to gain a lot of money ? that would explain the numerous sightings of Alex in 2009

or he was murdered while on his way home.

why didn't the police interview this friend of his that last saw him?? he most likely know what happened to Alex.

My theory is that his friend could have helped him run away to maybe join a gang/drug business maybe to gain a lot of money ? that would explain the numerous sightings of Alex in 2009

or he was murdered while on his way home.

I am pretty sure that police did interview his friend at some point. And yes, I agree, it is very likely that he knows. I want to make it clear that that does not mean he is suspect but merely that he might know who, when and where.

Articles do state that Alex was staying at this friend's house in Edmonton, was he living there? How long? He was already driving without license about month prior and got caught by police. Away from parent's eyes who knows what those two teen boys could be up to. Well, that is if his friend was a teen too.

With regards to numerous sightings. Lots of people are good samaritans and want to help, hence lots of cases report sightings of missing person. But unless at least one of those sightings is confirmed by someone who knew him personally or talked to him in person or confirmed by cctv, then unfortunately all those sightings are unreliable and can't be taken as a fact. That was probably also the reason why those sightings were not mentioned to his family.

With regards to him being runaway - as his family stated, if he did runaway he would contact them by now. It has been 11 years now.

I am pretty sure that police did interview his friend at some point. And yes, I agree, it is very likely that he knows. I want to make it clear that that does not mean he is suspect but merely that he might know who, when and where.

Articles do state that Alex was staying at this friend's house in Edmonton, was he living there? How long? He was already driving without license about month prior and got caught by police. Away from parent's eyes who knows what those two teen boys could be up to. Well, that is if his friend was a teen too.

With regards to numerous sightings. Lots of people are good samaritans and want to help, hence lots of cases report sightings of missing person. But unless at least one of those sightings is confirmed by someone who knew him personally or talked to him in person or confirmed by cctv, then unfortunately all those sightings are unreliable and can't be taken as a fact. That was probably also the reason why those sightings were not mentioned to his family.

With regards to him being runaway - as his family stated, if he did runaway he would contact them by now. It has been 11 years now.

I didnt say the friend is responisble for his dissapearence but it is highly likely he knows more than the general public knows since he was the last person to see him alive.

Although i do agree the sightings isn't reliable however there was more than a dozen sightings of Alex one has to wonder if some of them are accurate, he had a striking look. People wouldnt just report a sighting of a male that doesnt hold the descrpition of a missing person. Now i dont know why the police didnt report these sightings to Alex mother even if isnt reliable it is a protocol to inform any leads to a missing person case.

Runaway could be a possibilty again a friend who he was staying with probably knew him well both probably around the same age could do things you wouldnt imagine as a parent and again he was the last person to be in contact with Alex. He could have initially runaway but was caught up with funny business than murdered...

Im not exactly sure if Alex was randomly abducted on his way home on a sunny afternoon on a busy street in London. Could be a possibilty but for what reason? maybe human traficking?

A decade on, mum’s plea to find missing Alex
Teenager who grew up off Hornsey Road disappeared without trace in 2008

wire-18447816-1568388231-243_634x793.jpg

(An e-fit image of what Alexander Sloley might look like today at age of 27)

A MOTHER has urged anyone with information to “please come forward” more than a decade after her teenage son disappeared without a trace after visiting his friend’s house.

Alexander Sloley, nicknamed “Gog” because of his glasses, grew up off Hornsey Road and was about to start his accountancy course at City and Islington College when he went missing on his way home from Edmonton back in July 2008.

He was just a few days shy of turning 17 years old. Now, the Met’s missing person squad has released an e-fit of what Alex would look like as a 28-year-old man in an effort to jog people’s memories and get new leads.

“I think about him every day,” said his mother Nerissa Tivy, 51, who works as a bookkeeper and still lives in Holloway.
---
Alex’s father, Christopher, who was separated from Ms Tivy, died in 2014 without finding out what had happened to his child.

“Alex is boisterous, protective, he’s got a caring and soft heart and is loyal. He liked football, liked dressing immaculately and looking and smelling good. He liked traditional West Indian food like fried plantain, dumplings, porridge,” said Ms Tivy.

She does not think her son is currently living under a new identity or abroad. “He didn’t have a passport with him, to go off and to get a new identity is hard. I don’t know where he is.

“He had a phone with him but it stopped ringing when he went missing,” she said.
---
Detective Constable Tom Boon said he will now be re-interviewing those who were closest to Alex in a bid to get new leads and “build a better picture”.
---
The teenager, who attended Islington Arts and Media School, had little money and no extra clothes when he went missing and there is no evidence to suggest he ran away. He is described as a light-skinned black male, with blue eyes and was 5ft 5ins tall at the time of disappearance.

A decade on, mum’s plea to find missing Alex
Mother´s hope to find missing son as police issue... | This is Money

rbbm.
Alexander Sloley: Police release e-fit of how missing Islington boy might look 11 years on
"He has not been spotted on CCTV and all possible sightings reported by the public have been investigated to no avail.

Det Con Tom Boon of the Central North Command Unit, said: "It is now 11 years since Alex went missing. Although there is no evidence he has come to harm, with every month that passes we grow more and more concerned.

"I believe somebody, somewhere, knows something about Alex's disappearance."

Sadly it seems like missing white girl syndrome applies to young men too.

He was very distinctive looking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back