1159 users online (214 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Interview from February 2006:

ROB ALLEN, JENNIFER KESSE`S BOYFRIEND: Nothing out of the ordinary. I`ve known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../07/ng.01.html

Bolded a tidbit of information which might come into play when positing theories.

" She was in bed."

There's that, but...

- I have seen posts where she is to have said she was going to bed. I don't have all the known info saved away about Jennifer's disappearance like I do for Chandra's case, and so much of the info in this case comes from posts based on insider info it's very unknown how reliable anything is unless Jennifer's parents say it, so I'm just throwing things out for thought.

- There is one statement from Drew mentioned not that many pages back in last thread about authorities saying something about how can her phone be in two places at once. There was also a statement that her phone, and the other one, were disabled at 10:40 pm, and that the phone call where "she is in bed, no problem at all" was at 9:57 pm. Unclear if not unstated if that is beginning or ending of call and how long call was or at least I haven't seen that info posted (I've read maybe 20% of what's been written about this case so doesn't mean much.). Widely assumed to be ending time of call. Implication is that different directions are pings, and that the pings references must therefore be between 9:57 pm and 10:40 pm but unstated.

- I have seen posts that the call was somewhat spirited about a dispute, yet that interview said no problem at all. I have no idea where the discussing a dispute info comes from or is in any way legit, and certainly the last thing a loved one wants to say is that our last conversation was heated, but that's what struck me when I saw no problem at all.

- I did see a blurb with some recent reading that Jennifer told her brother she would FedEx the phone tomorrow which almost rules out Jennifer going out to ship the phone after 10. This would also apply to deciding to hand it over to say the ex-bf who was one of the guys that statyed at her condo with Logan and was said in some posts to have been nearby at a mall bar. Also not sure what brother's response was when she said would FedEx tomorrow. Did he ask if she could get it off sooner if possible for example?

Quote Originally Posted by rd_jfc View Post
    " She was in bed."

There's that, but...

- I have seen posts where she is to have said she was going to bed. I don't have all the known info saved away about Jennifer's disappearance like I do for Chandra's case, and so much of the info in this case comes from posts based on insider info it's very unknown how reliable anything is unless Jennifer's parents say it, so I'm just throwing things out for thought.
    Yes, I find this is true, and it applies to everything from the tiniest detail to the most significant events of this case.

That being said--LOL--I'll throw my two cents into the mix.

Reading very recently from the guest book in 2008, I came across a very short replying comment from a member of the Kesse family implying that Jennifer was dressed for bed and at least lounging in the area of her bedroom as she spoke to Rob.

If I put that together with the timing of the phone ping/pings and the going dead/powering off of the two cell phones, I come up with an unexpected decision to go out; a shower and perhaps forgetting to turn on her condo alarm as she rushed to get somewhere.

But they say the water left in the shower and the damp towel were too "fresh" to agree with this. I know, I know...

- There is one statement from Drew mentioned not that many pages back in last thread about authorities saying something about how can her phone be in two places at once. There was also a statement that her phone, and the other one, were disabled at 10:40 pm, and that the phone call where "she is in bed, no problem at all" was at 9:57 pm. Unclear if not unstated if that is beginning or ending of call and how long call was or at least I haven't seen that info posted (I've read maybe 20% of what's been written about this case so doesn't mean much.). Widely assumed to be ending time of call. Implication is that different directions are pings, and that the pings references must therefore be between 9:57 pm and 10:40 pm but unstated.
    I come up with the same information and contemplate that LE are unable to convince Jenn's family that at least one phone moving slightly before 10:40 PM, suggests that Jenn left her condo on the evening of the 23rd. For reasons I don't fully understand, the Kesse's hold the morning shower as something so solid as to be irrefutable.

- I have seen posts that the call was somewhat spirited about a dispute, yet that interview said no problem at all. I have no idea where the discussing a dispute info comes from or is in any way legit, and certainly the last thing a loved one wants to say is that our last conversation was heated, but that's what struck me when I saw no problem at all.
    In the Greta interview, Rob, himself, discusses their "slight" dispute. He says it was nothing that any normal couple or any married couple would not have had occasionally. (So, a little change in story from Rob; or perhaps he just gave more detail by 2014.) I do believe that guy is totally innocent.

- I did see a blurb with some recent reading that Jennifer told her brother she would FedEx the phone tomorrow which almost rules out Jennifer going out to ship the phone after 10. This would also apply to deciding to hand it over to say the ex-bf who was one of the guys that statyed at her condo with Logan and was said in some posts to have been nearby at a mall bar. Also not sure what brother's response was when she said would FedEx tomorrow. Did he ask if she could get it off sooner if possible for example?
    And now, just lately, we have the info that Jenn spoke to Travis on the evening of the 23rd, and told him he had missed several messages. A thought seemed to have been shared between the two that there was some urgency to get the phone returned, and Jenn may have been in agreement with trying to get the phone in the mail to Travis on the evening of the 23rd.

So, could law enforcement's early theory that Jenn went out after speaking with Rob on the evening of the 23rd, searching for a place to do a quick shipment of Travis' cell phone, be correct? But why--if she was tired as Rob says--would she shower, do her hair and make-up, put in her contacts, etc., etc.? Plus we have Jenn's family not even wanting to hear this theory. They strongly imply that Jenn would never put her personal safety at risk to go out after 10 PM. They hold that Jenn told Logan that she would take Travis' phone to work with her in the morning and ship it from there. Period.
    Last edited by Truth Prevails; 05-13-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post

Closed captioning from the ID interview .
    Photo respectfully snipped by me as it's just above.

Maybe something larger would have made your point a bit clearer for anyone like me who seems to be frustrating you?

In part 2 of the "Concluded" podcast Mrs. Kesse said she and Jennifer's father arrived in Orlando at 3:15 PM. That could be considered a little bit evasive as getting into Orlando is not the same as giving the time they arrived at Jenn's condo.

Also, in the Greta interview, Mrs. Kesse said they got to Jenn's condo about an hour after Logan and Travis. And I won't go into the times Greta gives for Travis' arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Prevails View Post

Maybe something larger would have made your point a bit clearer for anyone like me who seems to be frustrating you?

In part 2 of the "Concluded" podcast Mrs. Kesse said she and Jennifer's father arrived in Orlando at 3:15 PM. That could be considered a little bit evasive as getting into Orlando is not the same as giving the time they arrived at Jenn's condo.

Also, in the Greta interview, Mrs. Kesse said they got to Jenn's condo about an hour after Logan and Travis. And I won't go into the times Greta gives for Travis' arrival.
    I saw the same thing in Chandra Levy case, including the many remarks from her parents. I wrote a book laying out the various conflicts of statements and making sense of them. In that case there were many comments and many conflicts. This is sort of minor but along same lines. Unless they're practicing lines or something, which people with a made up story will do, you're going to get variations of facts in just about every interview. For our purposes there's no essential difference between 3 pm, 3:15 pm, and 3:30 pm for arrival of Jennifer's parents in the sense that the only issue involved was parking of Jennifer's car at 12 pm.

I'm not saying that if only thing that her parents ever said was 2 pm and someone commented oh, they said 2:30 pm that it doesn't matter, it does, but out of multiple comments they have made there's no good basis for picking one and saying that's the correct one.

Not without some corrsponding information, which is what I did in my book.

I saw the same thing in Chandra Levy case, including the many remarks from her parents. I wrote a book laying out the various conflicts of statements and making sense of them. In that case there were many comments and many conflicts. This is sort of minor but along same lines. Unless they're practicing lines or something, which people with a made up story will do, you're going to get variations of facts in just about every interview.
    Sure, it's just slight variations.

For our purposes there's no essential difference between 3 pm, 3:15 pm, and 3:30 pm for arrival of Jennifer's parents in the sense that the only issue involved was parking of Jennifer's car at 12 pm.
    True. They had tons of flyers printed and were handing them out during evening rush hour. I'm thinking I heard 5 PM, but maybe not. Anyway--I agree it doesn't matter to Jennifer's disappearance. Their effort was truly admirable.

I'm not saying that if only thing that her parents ever said was 2 pm and someone commented oh, they said 2:30 pm that it doesn't matter, it does, but out of multiple comments they have made there's no good basis for picking one and saying that's the correct one.
    Agreed. It makes for a pretty boring book, would it not? Jennifer was home. Jennifer went missing in the morning from her home. There are no other facts that matter that should be considered. Jennifer has never been found. It's been eleven years. It's all so very, very sad, really.

Not without some corrsponding information, which is what I did in my book.
    I actually followed that case a little. Why don't you give your book a shout out? I might be interested.

Original post was removed for not citing a public program everyone saw . So the re post was simply that , nothing more . Not directed at any one person .

I actually followed that case a little. Why don't you give your book a shout out? I might be interested.
    I tried to link to the WS Chandra Levy forum post where I link to my book but couldn't get it to position to the post. Up three posts from bottom is my post with Murder on a Horse Trail book link, can take a look at it on my site:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...age43#12735190

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/for...pic.php?t=2562

Thanks Truth.

I tried to link to the WS Chandra Levy forum post where I link to my book but couldn't get it to position to the post. Up three posts from bottom is my post with Murder on a Horse Trail book link, can take a look at it on my site:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...age43#12735190

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/for...pic.php?t=2562

Thanks Truth.
    Plenty of five star reviews, even. Got it on my Kindle, thank you.

I'm anxiously awaiting the third episode of the "Unconcluded" podcast. It should be out soon--they had the second episode up early. On May 11th, he tweeted he had 14 pages of notes and was wondering where to start. I can't wait to hear what direction he is going to take the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by marable View Post
    I misread it I guess about the POI pulling in , backing up and then pulling back in.....I think he was OCD and heartless....If I had been involved in something like that , I would have been out of that car before it stopped....Forget the backing up and pulling up to get it just so , so....

I must have missed the 3 pm and 3:15 pm times the family arrived all of these years as the firt time I heard those times was from Joyce on the Podcast....
    Unless the POI had no idea what kind of criminal activity took place relating to the car. That would explain his actions,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    Unless the POI had no idea what kind of criminal activity took place relating to the car. That would explain his actions,imo.
    If this were the case, wouldn't you think he would have to be intellectually challenged or have a drug riddled brain, perhaps?

Hardly a trace was found in the car, (at least as far as we know). He drove it from somewhere; parked it just so, so; spent 32 seconds sitting inside it quite possibly wiping the steering wheel, etc.; he exited and walked away calmly so as not to draw attention to himself. And--amazingly--managed to have his face masked by the fence post every time the camera was able to snap. Except when he knew he was far enough away, because he did turn--but only when the distance was so great that all we can see is a ghost shaped image for a face.

Coincidence? Luck? I don't know--but he sounds rather skilled to me.

I'd say if he is not the actual perpetrator, he knows a whole lot about what actually happened to Jennifer Kesse.

Did they process any other vehicles other than jenns?

Quote Originally Posted by Markybug View Post
    Did they process any other vehicles other than jenns?
    Not that I have ever heard or read about....

I've been keeping up with this case for years. There are two things that bother me. One, what happened to the brother's friend's cell phone? Supposedly, the brother and his friends were at her condo while she was away. I never heard it mentioned but I did read about it. The second is, her parents said she was tired and was going to have a bite to eat. The parents said on the show Disappeared, nothing was out of place. They made no mention of a dirty dish or fork in the sink. Does it matter? Yes, in a way. Maybe she jumped in the shower and went out to grab a bite to eat. Did she shower, go out for a bite and plan to put the cell in a mail box? Was the co worker stalking her? Did he see her leave her condo that night, and strike? The next day he was late to work. He passed the remark about gators eating Jennifer. Did he do what he was going to do that night, and the next day pay a worker in her complex, to leave her car somewhere? The boyfriend said he argued with Jennifer that night. Did she go from tired to adrenaline pumping, and jumped in the shower and head out the door? I don't think she met up with foul play as she was leaving in the morning. I think it was that night. She either let her killer inside her home or when she walked outside he was there. Whatever happened, it happened that night.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahMcKay View Post
    I've been keeping up with this case for years. There are two things that bother me. One, what happened to the brother's friend's cell phone? Supposedly, the brother and his friends were at her condo while she was away. I never heard it mentioned but I did read about it.
    Hi, Hannah. Welcome to W/S!

There is lots of discussion on Travis' cell phone on this thread, but especially on the theories thread. I hope you join us there. Also, in the second episode of the "Unconcluded" podcast, Mrs. Kesse talks about both phones. She says they were both powered off at the same time.

To date, neither phone has been found.

The second is, her parents said she was tired and was going to have a bite to eat. The parents said on the show Disappeared, nothing was out of place. They made no mention of a dirty dish or fork in the sink. Does it matter? Yes, in a way. Maybe she jumped in the shower and went out to grab a bite to eat. Did she shower, go out for a bite and plan to put the cell in a mail box?
    Now, a few things here I had never heard--the dirty dish or fork in the sink. I heard a mug in the dish tray. But Jennifer didn't like hot beverages, so I find that interesting.

I think all the little details matter, too.

I used to share a similar theory, but the more I learn about this case; the less sure I become. I have myself favoring a morning abduction--just as Jennifer stepped out of her condo unit and turned to lock the door. However, I stand with the information that one of the phones pinged at least once and maybe more, and then both went dead shortly after the pinging, around 10:40 PM, on the evening of the 23rd. So, where that is something I believe, it doesn't fit with the theory I have at present.

Was the co worker stalking her? Did he see her leave her condo that night, and strike? The next day he was late to work. He passed the remark about gators eating Jennifer. Did he do what he was going to do that night, and the next day pay a worker in her complex, to leave her car somewhere? The boyfriend said he argued with Jennifer that night. Did she go from tired to adrenaline pumping, and jumped in the shower and head out the door? I don't think she met up with foul play as she was leaving in the morning. I think it was that night. She either let her killer inside her home or when she walked outside he was there. Whatever happened, it happened that night.
    We have to be a little careful at W/S--we can't point too directly at persons who have not been named as a suspect or person of interest.

I can't resist--I heard he was stopped for speeding that morning. Strange though, it still indicates he was running late. It's certainly an interesting morning to be running so late that your speed exceeded the limits enough that you attracted the attention of law enforcement. (And then were nasty enough with them that you got yourself detained for extra time. I think I heard that.)

I wonder if anyone asked why; or perhaps this was run of the mill behavior.

Until recently, I even shared your opinion about the POI receiving pay for parking Jenn's vehicle. However, it was so deliberate. Seemingly so planned. He parked it at high noon. He took time to park perfectly in the spot. He spent 32 seconds maybe gathering a cigarette butt but being bold enough to leave his ashes; pulling the seat forward, wiping everything down. He walked calmly back towards the balcony side of Jenn's condo. He manages to have his face behind the gate posts at every interval the surveillance camera records. He lurks behind a palm tree as he turns to look back at the spot where he parked Jennifer's car.

I can no longer see all the above as the actions of a random person parking Jenn's car for a little bit of extra cash--no questions asked.

Basically, I change my thoughts around on my "theory" on almost a daily basis. I don't know that we have all the pieces for something firmer. I keep hoping with enough people sharing their opinions, I'll finally come across the piece I need to make "it" fit.

We've had some great discussion here lately.
    Last edited by Truth Prevails; 05-21-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast