I think I need a break!! no pun intended

ellen13

Reaction score
Is anyone here so frustrated with this case that they need a break?
I came here after completely following and reading everything on SP,
which to me was a no-brainer. I come here thinking "no problem" this
case will be a no-brainer and "why hasn't anyone solved it yet?" Boy, was
I mistaken. I think I'm going to read two more books on SP-For Laci and
Presumed Guilty. I can't take this case anymore. At least with SP, I have
some certainty. You guys on this thread present so much valuable information
and insight that I don't know what to think. I go back and forth all day!!!
Oh, I wish I could move on!!!:behindbar

I really really wish that police had shut down the tea party and isolated the Rams for questioning immediately while officers combed the property themselves. It angers me quite a bit that this case is still unsolved, largely due, imo, to improper police handling from the onset. Why did they take the RN at face value and assume they were dealing with a kidnapping and no more? Inexperience? Why did they allow, even request, that the Rs themselves conduct searches?

I won't let this case go, despite believing it will never be solved. I waver back and forth as to what I think may have happened. I'm not sure who killed JonBenet, but I'm sure it was not an intruder...it was either one of them or someone JonBenet knew quite well. I just hope Burke knows something and will someday tell what he knows.

Do you ever think it was one of JAR's friends that did it for money?

I've wondered about this.

If the Modesto PD was on this case, it would have been solved by now!!!!!!!
They had SP's number from the first day and were relentless and meticulous in the handling of that case. Who would have thought that a little PD in a small town in CA would have been all over it. SP totally underestimated them.

ellen13 said:
Do you ever think it was one of JAR's friends that did it for money?

I've wondered about this.
It could have been a friend of JAR, provided it was someone that JonBenet herself was well-acquainted with. Someone gave her pineapple, and that had to be someone she knew. And I don't believe this crime was ever about money at all.

Nuisanceposter said:
It could have been a friend of JAR, provided it was someone that JonBenet herself was well-acquainted with. Someone gave her pineapple, and that had to be someone she knew. And I don't believe this crime was ever about money at all.

Nuisanceposter,

Correct. It was not a crime for money; it was a sex crime. JonBenet had acute (day of the murder) and chronic (several days before the murder) injuries to the vagina. Someone was regularly sexually assaulting JonBenet and it points to a family member. A non-family member wouldn't likely have had day-to-day access to JonBenet.

Therefore, JAR should be a prime suspect along with John and Burke. The motive would have been to shut her up. JAR's alibi clears him of the actual killing, but does not clear him as a person who may have put a contract out to kill JonBenet. The contents of JAR's blue suitcase suggests he could have been involved sexually with JonBenet.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
Nuisanceposter,

The contents of JAR's blue suitcase suggests he could have been involved sexually with JonBenet.

BlueCrab
it suggests no such thing.

Ellen, I get the same way about this case. I also wonder if it was irrevocably ruined by the ineptitude of the BPD.

Sometimes I feel like it will never be solved. Then other times I think it will get a break, or someone will confess... they finally got Martha Moxley's killer...

They have so much information, just tons of information... I could see someone looking at it with fresh eyes and no agenda, and perhaps cracking it someday.

I do get discouraged, though.

Zman said:
it suggests no such thing.
How BC goes from "Victory!," "immediately execute," and "behead" to familial abuse is beyond me. I suppose its the same as going from foreign and highly criminal cord and black tape to "everyday stuff that everybody buys down at the local hardware store."

Ellen13, take rest? Aren't you addicted yet too? Inqisitive minds think alike albeit sometimes on a different side of the fence. I'm hoping that somewhere there's going to be something that pops up and becomes self evident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back