1154 users online (242 members and 912 guests)  

Websleuths News

Barbie Dolls Are Is Often Mutilated by Young Girls

Researchers Find Barbie Is Often Mutilated
    Barbie Dolls Are Is Often Mutilated by Young Girls, British Researchers Find
    By JILL LAWLESS Associated Press Writer
    The Associated PressThe Associated Press

LONDON Dec 19, 2005 — Barbie, beware. The iconic plastic doll is often mutilated at the hands of young girls, according to research published Monday by British academics.

"The girls we spoke to see Barbie torture as a legitimate play activity, and see the torture as a 'cool' activity," said Agnes Nairn, one of the University of Bath researchers. "The types of mutilation are varied and creative, and range from removing the hair to decapitation, burning, breaking and even microwaving."

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Wow! All I ever did to my Barbie dolls was pierce their ears and take their heads off for easy clothing changes. Times have changed.

I think plenty of children destroy plenty of Toys..

IMO it has less to do with the adult view that its "torture" and more to do with the child learning how the world around them is put together.
    Children know this is a toy! Its not like plenty of girls torture their puppies or baby syblings.

Children take apart things and destroy toys to either be creative or to see how things in the world are made or fit together.
    Just curiousity.

One time I stepped on my sister's Barbie named Midge. I smushed in one of her boobs. I was SOOOO upset about it. LOL. I even cried.

SF Bay Area, CA

Well, I did a hachet job on my Skipper doll(Barbie's sister)'s hair! My daughter has it now, she wears one of Wig Barbie's wigs!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.