Thread: Found in icy car, 3 boys are recovering

Found in icy car, 3 boys are recovering

GREENWOOD, Ind. -- Three boys, including a 3-month-old, were recovering Monday from exposure after being left alone in an icy car without heat for almost six hours, police said..............
    The detective said the baby wore a sleeper.
    The older boys, ages 4 and 6, were snuggled together and covered with a thin blanket, police said. One boy wore shorts and a T-shirt. The other wore a light coat and pajama bottoms. The boys told police they were afraid to leave the baby.
    "I am surprised the children were found alive," Fillenwarth said. "He stranded the car in snow and then left his children to die."
    Police and firefighters began searching about 2 a.m. Sunday after the children's mother, Michelle K. Johnson, 27, said Willhoite arrived home after 1 a.m. without the boys.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...43/1006/NEWS01
    IMHO

Jail is too good for this moron! If I were his wife, his ass would be out in a snowbank - for good!

Yakwoman
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

What an A$$ !! This man deserves to suffer !! I am glad the children are ok..

What a complete and utter moron! He should have to spend some quality time in jail.....with no heat.....and the windows open.

Poor babies. How sweet are those boys that they didn't want to leave the baby?? That really touched my heart. That man deserves to be in prison for a long long time.

OMG ! I used to work in Greenwood Indiana and most of my family still lives there (or general area)

No excuse no matter WHERE it is...it's freekin cold out!

NO I don't know the persons in the article LOL
    I GoodSearch for American Cave Conservation Association. Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!
    http://www.goodsearch.com/?charityid=908162

Although I try not to be judgmental I do wonder why the mother left them in his care, not that I'm saying she's responsible but a family gathering should include your kids. Usually when you hear drugs and alcohol are involved it's not a new thing. Myself I think he needs his damn legs cut off but I just hope this woman realizes how very lucky she is that her children aren't dead.

I was in a marriage with a husband that abused alcohol and drugs with two young daughters and up until we seperated he was never allowed to have my daughters in the car without me or overnight babysitting, etc. If you must be in this kind of situation at least think of the children, one of the parents has to be responsible and these children are very young. It's possible he was so stoned he didn't even remember the children were in the car.