1177 users online (172 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Unbelievable.

Heritage lamented Dems, moderates on Trump voter fraud commission
    snipped
    Allowing Democrats or moderate Republicans to serve on President Trump’s voter fraud commission “would guarantee its failure,” a top Heritage Foundation employee wrote in an email that eventually made its way to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, according to newly released documents.
    Trump’s Presidential Commission on Election Integrity, helmed by Kris Kobach, Kansas’s Republican secretary of state, has been fraught with claims of hyper-partisanship. The president has, with no evidence, claimed his Democratic presidential opponent, Hillary Clinton, would not have won the popular vote without voting irregularity.
    The email came from Hans von Spakovsky, who runs the Heritage Foundation's Election Law Reform Initiative and was appointed to the commission by the Trump administration in June, the Heritage Foundation later confirmed to The Hill.
    The newly released email shows that before any members of the commission had been appointed, someone at the Heritage Foundation’s Institute for Constitutional Government described hearing about a “very disturbing phone call” that there were plans for it to be bipartisan.

It wasn't only Democrats that von Spakovsky wanted kept out of the commission. He also pushed in the email to the Justice Department to keep “mainstream Republican officials and/or academics” out of the voter fraud panel.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...aud-commission

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Wow. Where did you grow up? Did you report this? Did anyone? Was this ever investigated or confirmed?

You say this is your opinion, so it's not actually fact, right?

I've never seen anything even remotely close to this where I've voted my entire adult life. That would be very concerning.
    Further, I would say that anyone who witnessed this and did not report it would be complicit in fraud and ought to be prosecuted along with the fraudulent hordes of voters.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Well, if the math is "fuzzy", then there should logically be very few objections to a transparent investigation, right?

Let's do the work necessary to provide a factual, objective analysis. Then we can all debate what the facts "mean", and what steps we should take to ensure the integrity of our voting system.

There is actual vote casting fraud, and there are also "mistakes" (such as not purging dead people from voting rolls in a timely fashion). We need to establish with certainty the type and *extent* of the fraud, and the effects on our elections. That's nothing to be afraid of. Or angry about. Or in denial about. Unless there is something to be gained by continuing to deny and hide the fraud, which is what a lot of people have concluded.

So you are okay with Trump being investigated for collusion with Russia in tampering with the 2016 election?

There should logically be no objection to investigating a possible, increasingly likely bastardization of our electoral process, right?????

Glad we agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Oh yes, Gary, Indiana. Plenty of info out there about this city, for anyone who cares to check it out.

I would think people living below the poverty rate are susceptible to bribes, as are the very wealthy. Probably a wash, in terms of party votes.

Bottom line, each state is responsible for ensuring that every citizen's vote is counted and counted fairly.

Unless the Russians are hacking their systems.
    Funny how nobody has a problem with THAT!

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Well, if the math is "fuzzy", then there should logically be very few objections to a transparent investigation, right?

Let's do the work necessary to provide a factual, objective analysis. Then we can all debate what the facts "mean", and what steps we should take to ensure the integrity of our voting system.

There is actual vote casting fraud, and there are also "mistakes" (such as not purging dead people from voting rolls in a timely fashion). We need to establish with certainty the type and *extent* of the fraud, and the effects on our elections. That's nothing to be afraid of. Or angry about. Or in denial about. Unless there is something to be gained by continuing to deny and hide the fraud, which is what a lot of people have concluded.
    I, for one, would welcome an impartial analysis but that's not what we have. I'm most familiar with this latest NH debacle so I'll just reference that.

Several officials from NH have stated they've found no record of fraud. This has been stated repeatedly since November yet there are still allegations that 5-6k voted illegally and perpetrated said fraud. NH also requires ID so it isn't as though the powers that be don't know exactly who voted...I'm going to guess many of that number were college students whom aren't required by NH law to claim residency as opposed to domicile, and as such are allowed to use out of state licenses, but that's just my read.

It should be easily proven and yet nearly a year later all we're left with are murky allegations being lauded by those with questionable reputations and laws enacted, both before and after, that disenfranchise some voters on the basis of allegations like it.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Further, I would say that anyone who witnessed this and did not report it would be complicit in fraud and ought to be prosecuted along with the fraudulent hordes of voters.
    Once again I opened up for attack. I expressed how I felt. Asked no one to believe me. Now you want to throw me in jail.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Obama Election Commission Chair: Trump Fraud Panel a ‘Calamitous Failure’

David Becker, executive director and founder of the Center for Election Innovation & Research, a nonprofit Washington institute, said the commission had no accomplishments to date and was on the wrong track.

"If there's been a more embarrassing or less accomplished presidential commission in history, I'd love for someone to point it out," said Becker, who has worked with a group that conducts much of the same voter data sharing the commission aims to do.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ailure-n801766

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4