1091 users online (177 members and 914 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    New York election commissioner https://youtu.be/jUDTcxIqqM0

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Wow. Where did you grow up? Did you report this? Did anyone? Was this ever investigated or confirmed?

You say this is your opinion, so it's not actually fact, right?

I've never seen anything even remotely close to this where I've voted my entire adult life. That would be very concerning.
    I said I saw it & asked others not to accept it if they didn't want to, but it is the reason I don't have a lot of confidence in the vote. Especially with what I consider much laxer standards today. I gave you the name of the city in a previous thread & you called it a cesspool. Your words not mine.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    This means nothing. My huge corporation buses people to vote. People who may not otherwise vote - because they find it inconvenient or don't have their own transportation.

The very fact that this is being held up as an issue, IMO, only proves that some people are generalizing and marginalizing certain other people who have the right to vote in the USA.

Point taken, but not the point you're attempting to make.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    I said I saw it & asked others not to accept it if they didn't want to, but it is the reason I don't have a lot of confidence in the vote. Especially with what I consider much laxer standards today. I gave you the name of the city in a previous thread & you called it a cesspool. Your words not mine.
    Oh yes, Gary, Indiana. Plenty of info out there about this city, for anyone who cares to check it out.

I would think people living below the poverty rate are susceptible to bribes, as are the very wealthy. Probably a wash, in terms of party votes.

Bottom line, each state is responsible for ensuring that every citizen's vote is counted and counted fairly.

Unless the Russians are hacking their systems.

This means nothing. My huge corporation buses people to vote. People who may not otherwise vote - because they find it inconvenient or don't have their own transportation.

The very fact that this is being held up as an issue, IMO, only proves that some people are generalizing and marginalizing certain other people who have the right to vote in the USA.

I have no problem with a company busing workers to vote early if no attempt is made to influence their vote. What would bother me is if they told their workers who to vote for. I would have a problem with a coal mine owner busing his workers so they could vote for Trump to save their jobs. Also, I would have a problem with the steelworkers union busing members and pushing them to vote for Clinton. It just doesn't sit well with me.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    I have no problem with a company busing workers to vote early if no attempt is made to influence their vote. What would bother me is if they told their workers who to vote for. I would have a problem with a coal mine owner busing his workers so they could vote for Trump to save their jobs. Also, I would have a problem with the steelworkers union busing members and pushing them to vote for Clinton. It just doesn't sit well with me.
    I agree 100%. My company doesn't influence votes - they're all over the place. I'm sure some do, though.

Doesn't sit well with me either. IMO, with this last election, people are easily swayed.

Posted b/c I found it interesting...no particular point

Since there is so much voter fraud, declare the last election invalid. Ditch Trump and have a fair election.

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Highly questionable.

In October 2016, Project Veritas released a series of videos that they alleged demonstrated misconduct, impropriety, and vote “rigging” on the part of Hillary Clinton’s campaign staff or other Democrats.

The first video involved a surreptitiously recorded conversation between a covert operative for Project Veritas and Manhattan Board of Elections Commissioner Alan Schulkin at a December 2015 Christmas party. In the clip, Schulkin surmised voter ID would prevent voter fraud and discussed the possibility of “bussing” voters to polling places.

The videos are, as is typical of O’Keefe’s, work somewhat of a gish gallop, comprising a constellation of allegations and assertions that is virtually impossible to fact check without complete clips of the involved conversations. Nearly all the videos used stitched-together, out-of-context remarks with no indication of what occurred or what was discussed just before and after the included portions.

USA Today has a long piece by Martha Moore about video hoax artist James O’Keefe’s NPR project. The article does a pretty good job of running down the deceptions in O’Keefe’s video. That’s good. This, however, is not:

… The sting’s impact was magnified by the quick dissemination-without-scrutiny that is a hallmark of Internet-driven media.

O’Keefe’s video has nothing to do with muckraking. And please don’t blame the Internet for the fact that journalists apparently can’t be bothered to care whether a source is reliable.

Project Veritas’ October 2016 election-related sting videos (embedded above) reveal tidbits of selectively and (likely deceptively edited) footage
    absent of any context in which to evaluate them.
    http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro...ection-videos/

Why Democrats fear voter fraud investigations

For anyone who dismisses concerns about voter fraud, the unhinged reaction by the left at investigating it should, at the very least, make a logical person wonder what they’re so concerned about.

After all, if you believe the issue is false, or at the most an irrelevant factor in end results, you should welcome confirmation of that fact. Unless, of course, one fears the actual outcome may prove how voter fraud impacts local and state races to the point of shifting the balance of power in Washington, D.C.

Liberals usually claim if there is fraud, it’s so small and isolated that it doesn’t impact end results. The margins in New Hampshire prove the falsity of that argument.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-by-democrats/

Kobach’s Bogus ‘Proof’ of Voter Fraud

Kobach’s baseless allegation came ahead
    of the commission’s second public meeting on Sept. 12 in New Hampshire. Kobach will chair the meeting.
    “It has long been reported, anecdotally, that out-of-staters take advantage of New Hampshire’s same-day registration and head to the Granite State to cast fraudulent votes,” Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state, wrote in an opinion piece for Breitbart on Sept. 7. “Now there’s proof.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/kob...f-voter-fraud/

Trump’s voter-fraud propagandist cooks up extremely fuzzy math
    It was an object lesson into how Trumpists will twist, cook and distort facts about voting to manufacture numbers that sound ominous but vanish into the ether as soon as they’re examined.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.bed3c29250db

http://voterfraudfacts.com

Accusations of voter fraud come from both sides of the isle, but both the “left” and “right” in America seem to have very different and conflicting viewpoints on how voter fraud is occurring. In some cases the facts and statistics back up one group more than the other, but the truth is rarely black or white.
    Historically both Libertarian and Republican backed organizations have been accused of helping to spread talking points and draft legislation to prevent low-incomes families, students, seniors, and “minorities” from voting.

Looking for more sources on voter fraud? We suggest checking out the U.S. Election Assistance Commission , Department of Justice, the Heritage Foundation, and the Brennan Center for Justice.

Well, if the math is "fuzzy", then there should logically be very few objections to a transparent investigation, right?

Let's do the work necessary to provide a factual, objective analysis. Then we can all debate what the facts "mean", and what steps we should take to ensure the integrity of our voting system.

There is actual vote casting fraud, and there are also "mistakes" (such as not purging dead people from voting rolls in a timely fashion). We need to establish with certainty the type and *extent* of the fraud, and the effects on our elections. That's nothing to be afraid of. Or angry about. Or in denial about. Unless there is something to be gained by continuing to deny and hide the fraud, which is what a lot of people have concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Z View Post
    Well, if the math is "fuzzy", then there should logically be very few objections to a transparent investigation, right?

Let's do the work necessary to provide a factual, objective analysis. Then we can all debate what the facts "mean", and what steps we should take to ensure the integrity of our voting system.

There is actual vote casting fraud, and there are also "mistakes" (such as not purging dead people from voting rolls in a timely fashion). We need to establish with certainty the type and *extent* of the fraud, and the effects on our elections. That's nothing to be afraid of. Or angry about. Or in denial about. Unless there is something to be gained by continuing to deny and hide the fraud, which is what a lot of people have concluded.
    Voter fraud goes both ways. IMO, we'll see that the Russians influenced the last presidential election. That will be the only math I need to know.

That IS something to be afraid of and angry about. If you're an American who gives a cr*p.

Heritage Fraud Database: An Assessment
    Claims that the Heritage Foundation document contains almost 1,100 proven instances of voter fraud are grossly exaggerated and devoid of context, Brennan Center researchers found. It confirms what numerous studies have consistently shown: Voter fraud is vanishingly rare, and impersonating a voter at the polls is less common a phenomenon than being struck by lightning.
    https://www.brennancenter.org/public...ase-assessment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast