682 users online (74 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    'IF' it's happening, what's wrong with exposing/stopping it. We are a country of laws, they should be upheld.
    I think it's a win/win.

Jeh Johnson testifies DNC rejected DHS help on hack, Russia meddling did not alter ballots

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...r-ballots.html

Johnson, who served in the Obama administration from December 2013 to January 2017, said his concerns about a cyberattack against the U.S. election systems intensified last summer. He added that he and his counterparts “sounded the alarm but that the press and voters were focused on a lot of other things” during the election season.

Johnson also confirmed he went to the Democratic National Committee about a hack in their system but was told that the DNC “did not feel it needed” DHS assistance.*

“Sometime in 2016, I became aware of a hack into systems of the Democratic National Committee,” Johnson said. “… I pressed my staff to know whether DHS was sufficiently proactive, and on the scene helping the DNC identify the intruders and patch vulnerabilities. The answer, to the best of my recollection, was not reassuring: the FBI and the DNC had been in contact with each other months before about the intrusion, and the DNC did not feel it needed DHS’s assistance at that time.”*

The FBI*reportedly*faced a similar rejection.*
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

At least 3.5 million more people are on U.S. election rolls than are eligible to vote.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...s-462-counties

My tabulation of Judicial Watch’s state-by-state results yielded 462 counties where the registration rate exceeded 100 percent. There were 3,551,760 more people registered to vote than adult U.S. citizens who inhabit these counties.

Words matter.

More than 5,000 out-of-state voters may have tipped New Hampshire against Trump

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...hire-presiden/

Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in News Hampshire by 2,736 votes.

Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan defeated incumbent Republican Kelly Ayotte by 1,017 votes.

Words matter.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    FWIW, using an out of state license to vote isn't illegal in NH or many other states...tons of college students, out of state workers and new residents are beneficiaries of such law. Even I, a US citizen, was allowed to use my state license both to drive and as a means of identification for a year after moving to England.

Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    FWIW, using an out of state license to vote isn't illegal in NH or many other states...tons of college students, out of state workers and new residents are beneficiaries of such law. Even I, a US citizen, was allowed to use my state license both to drive and as a means of identification for a year after moving to England.
    New Hampshire is 60 days. I don’t know of any state that allows one year.

[...]
    “Having worked before on a campaign in New Hampshire, I can tell you that this issue of busing voters into New Hampshire is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics. It’s very real. It’s very serious. This morning, on this show, is not the venue for me to lay out all the evidence,” White House policy adviser Stephen Miller told ABC News in February.

Though Mr. Jasper’s findings don’t prove those accusations, they do corroborate them. The numbers read this way:

⦁ 6,540 people registered and voted on Nov. 8, based on presenting out-of-state licenses.
    ⦁ As of Aug. 30, about 15 percent (1,014 of the voters) had been issued New Hampshire driver’s licenses.
    ⦁ Οf the remaining 5,526, barely more than 200 (3.3 percent) had registered a motor vehicle in New Hampshire.
    New Hampshire law gives drivers 60 days upon establishing residence to obtain a state license.
    But more than 80 percent of voters who registered on Nov. 8 using out-of-state driver’s licenses, or 5,313 of them, neither had a state license nor registered a motor vehicle almost 10 months later.
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    More than 5,000 out-of-state voters may have tipped New Hampshire against Trump

Hillary Clinton defeated Donald Trump in News Hampshire by 2,736 votes.

Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan defeated incumbent Republican Kelly Ayotte by 1,017 votes.
    From the link above.

More than 6,500 people registered to vote in New Hampshire on Nov. 8 using out-of-state driver’s licenses, and since then the vast majority have neither obtained an in-state license nor registered a motor vehicle.

Conservatives say the state’s same-day registration is an invitation for fraud because of loose proof-of-residence rules

Combining same day voter registration with out of state ID's is an open invitation for voter fraud. Sure, some of these people did not violate any laws and are legal residents of N.H.

Exactly how many were legal voters and how many where not is hard to say.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    New Hampshire is 60 days. I don’t know of any state that allows one year.

[...]
    “Having worked before on a campaign in New Hampshire, I can tell you that this issue of busing voters into New Hampshire is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics. It’s very real. It’s very serious. This morning, on this show, is not the venue for me to lay out all the evidence,” White House policy adviser Stephen Miller told ABC News in February.

Though Mr. Jasper’s findings don’t prove those accusations, they do corroborate them. The numbers read this way:

⦁ 6,540 people registered and voted on Nov. 8, based on presenting out-of-state licenses.
    ⦁ As of Aug. 30, about 15 percent (1,014 of the voters) had been issued New Hampshire driver’s licenses.
    ⦁ Οf the remaining 5,526, barely more than 200 (3.3 percent) had registered a motor vehicle in New Hampshire.
    New Hampshire law gives drivers 60 days upon establishing residence to obtain a state license.
    But more than 80 percent of voters who registered on Nov. 8 using out-of-state driver’s licenses, or 5,313 of them, neither had a state license nor registered a motor vehicle almost 10 months later.
    [...]
    But that wouldn't apply to college students in NH. (And Wyoming is one such state that gives residents a year with an Out of State License, with some exceptions. Residency requirements are variable from state to state.)

The Secretary of State of New Hampshire has specifically stated that students have the right to choose between keeping their residence at the place they lived before attending school or establishing residency in their school community.
    https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...-new-hampshire

Also wanted to post this - I just found the numbers interesting:
    These new student voters were more likely than others to use same-day registration. Because students tend to move from year to year, being able to register and vote all in one trip to the polls is crucial; otherwise, they have to contend with successive yearly re-registrations. Overall, about 11 percent of New Hampshire voters in the last presidential election—more than 83,000 people—used same-day registration, but in the state’s major college towns, the rate was much higher: in both Durham, where the University of New Hampshire (UNH) campus sits, and Plymouth, home to Plymouth State, it was more than 30 percent.
    https://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-pe...ampaign=buffer

Conservative Jennifer Rubin making the case to shut the commission down:
    Wait a minute. Yes, a partisan politician — did we mention he’s running for governor? — and lawyer who writes for an alt-right publication known for hyperbole, exaggeration and outright falsehoods is simultaneously leading a commission that has set out to find the impossible, namely nonexistent evidence of large-scale voting fraud. In an outrage-filled administration, this ranks near the top of the list.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.24d927c7acad

Kobach cited a report compiled by Gardner and released by Republican state House Speaker Shawn Jasper. The report – which some Republicans say also could raise questions about Hillary Clinton’s narrow win over Donald Trump in the state – showed that more than 5,000 people who registered to vote last November using out-of-state driver’s licenses never subsequently obtained in-state licenses or registered their cars in the state

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...er-report.html

Words matter.

For anyone who dismisses concerns about voter fraud, the unhinged reaction by the left at investigating it should, at the very least, make a logical person wonder what they’re so concerned about.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...-by-democrats/

“Democrats have vowed to use the legislative process to try to derail the commission. Last month, Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer of New York compared the commission to the white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville, Virginia, and said he would try to eliminate the panel as part of a must-pass bill,” The Times noted.

Why so afraid, Chuck?

Words matter.

When I first started voting there was very few absentee ballots & the poling places were devoid of political signs & politicians asking for your vote. There was a feeling of solemn shared duty among the voters. Today there are signs & politicians or surrogates at the polls. People are encouraged to vote early. Both sides are busing THEIR people to vote early. Much more opportunity for voter fraud in my opinion.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Kobach’s proof? He says several thousand people who registered to vote on Election Day with an out-of-state driver’s license have not since registered a car or gotten a driver’s license in New Hampshire.

But that’s no smoking gun. It is plausible, in fact likely, that most of those voters were college students who are allowed by state law to vote in New Hampshire even though they only live in the state part of the year.
    Robert Farley, FactCheck
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...aud/656863001/

The state of New Hampshire has the personal information of these individuals to the point that they know if and when they registered cars. If the Republican legislature and governor would like to dig deeper and determine if any of those 5,000-plus people committed fraud, they certainly can. But since this claim has been made repeatedly, we already have any number of examples of people in the state saying that they’ve seen no evidence of fraud having occurred.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4152a0cffceb

I think the above makes an important point, they've got every way to track this data so one way or another, we should know for certain. If there continues to be only allegations, I think that speaks in and of itself. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    When I first started voting there was very few absentee ballots & the poling places were devoid of political signs & politicians asking for your vote. There was a feeling of solemn shared duty among the voters. Today there are signs & politicians or surrogates at the polls. People are encouraged to vote early. Both sides are busing THEIR people to vote early. Much more opportunity for voter fraud in my opinion.
    That may be, but statistically widespread fraud is far from proven, I can only recall either allegations or isolated cases, no hard data that survives scrutiny as far as I know. (And I think these latest NH claims are dubious.) Other countries have some pretty cool ideas that seem to work for them too - in Oz, voting in compulsory but there's also early voting; in Sweden, there's automatic enrollment; in several other European countries, elections are only held on weekends or holidays to ensure a higher proportion of the electorate are able to vote. And here, it's actually a legal requirement to register.

I think, in terms of things like getting out the vote, it's important to remember society's changed a lot. Many elderly and disabled voters may be disenfranchised from voting altogether were it not for volunteers helping to get them to the polls. We don't have a system like that here so when my husband first attempted voting after being wheelchair bound, he really struggled. He's since switched to a mail in ballot but that's not always possible for others and he's still reliant on others to post it.

JMO and FWIW

In the city I grew up in I witnessed people being paid to vote a certain way. In cities where there is overwhelming control by one party this is easier. Now they can bus people to the polls & reward them for their vote more easily. This is my opinion and am not asking anyone to accept it. Bottom line, I don't feel like my vote counts as much as it use to. jmo
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by bwt42 View Post
    In the city I grew up in I witnessed people being paid to vote a certain way. In cities where there is overwhelming control by one party this is easier. Now they can bus people to the polls & reward them for their vote more easily. This is my opinion and am not asking anyone to accept it. Bottom line, I don't feel like my vote counts as much as it use to. jmo
    Wow. Where did you grow up? Did you report this? Did anyone? Was this ever investigated or confirmed?

You say this is your opinion, so it's not actually fact, right?

I've never seen anything even remotely close to this where I've voted my entire adult life. That would be very concerning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast