1114 users online (151 members and 963 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2017.05.11 - Has Spicer been Benched?

I think Huckabee Sanders is a far better choice. She knows what she is doing and is professional while doing so, thus far.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is said to be facing an uncertain future after his poor handling of Donald Trump’s decision to fire FBI director James Comey.
    Mr Spicer, whose press appearances have been plagued by multiple gaffes, has been temporarily dropped from running his daily press briefings and will be replaced by Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders for the entirety of this week.
    According to White House insiders, the general perception is Mr Spicer has been “benched” during a massively decisive week which has seen the White House subject to heavy scrutiny over the sacking of Mr Comey.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-spic...104300316.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Staff of the week club

I'm actually not familiar with The Hill but it's reporting he will be back tomorrow...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...e-comey-firing

Regardless of qualifications, Trump is in "off with their heads" mode and honestly, I would not wish upon anyone the job of having to spin this hot mess.

I have never seen such a debacle in our government and I remember Watergate.

Sanders may bode better than Spicey, but only until she fails to compliment the Donald on his awesomeness....then she, too, will be looking for a job. Like many other courtiers.

Ugh.

Shameful, embarassing and totally juvenile. I hate what my beloved country has become at the tiny hands of this obnoxious fool.

Like Spicy or not...

One has to admit Melissa McCarthy's impressions of him are pretty funny.

ETA - Even Spicer was able to laugh at her impressions.
    Last edited by LaneGirl; 05-12-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I think Huckabee Sanders is a far better choice. She knows what she is doing and is professional while doing so, thus far.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is said to be facing an uncertain future after his poor handling of Donald Trump’s decision to fire FBI director James Comey.
    Mr Spicer, whose press appearances have been plagued by multiple gaffes, has been temporarily dropped from running his daily press briefings and will be replaced by Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders for the entirety of this week.
    According to White House insiders, the general perception is Mr Spicer has been “benched” during a massively decisive week which has seen the White House subject to heavy scrutiny over the sacking of Mr Comey.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-spic...104300316.html
    So sorry - but I beg to differ. I'm no fan of Spicer, but watching Huckabee Sanders this morning - all I could think was "Stepford Wife!"

Honestly, I don't know who in the world would make a good Press Secretary for this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    So sorry - but I beg to differ. I'm no fan of Spicer, but watching Huckabee Sanders this morning - all I could think was "Stepford Wife!"

Honestly, I don't know who in the world would make a good Press Secretary for this administration.
    Ari Fleischer was pretty clever & bright.......think he's been out of politics as of late
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Regardless of qualifications, Trump is in "off with their heads" mode and honestly, I would not wish upon anyone the job of having to spin this hot mess.

I have never seen such a debacle in our government and I remember Watergate.

Sanders may bode better than Spicey, but only until she fails to compliment the Donald on his awesomeness....then she, too, will be looking for a job. Like many other courtiers.

Ugh.

Shameful, embarassing and totally juvenile. I hate what my beloved country has become at the tiny hands of this obnoxious fool.
    You may be right. But from what I have seen of her, she's 100% committed to him and his positions and is sincere in her statements. She is also not easily shaken or angered. Very cool, clam and collected.

Of course things may change the deeper in she gets. But from a professional standpoint she has handled the pressure very well and answers quickly and succinctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post

Man I totally did not get that impression. She has a bearing that is very confident and I think she's very quick on her feet. Knows how to respond. I think she is the best spokesperson he has had.

Quote Originally Posted by LaneGirl View Post
    Like Spicy or not...

One has to admit Melissa McCarthy's impressions of him are pretty funny.

ETA - Even Spicer was able to laugh at her impressions.
    Incredibly hilarious!!! I wonder what they will do with him hiding in the bushes in the dark.

There's buzz that Kimberly Guilfoyle was under consideration in the transition and that she's been tapped, or might be, to replace Spicer.

Dana Perino would be a great choice but I doubt that she wants it a second time. Laura Ingraham would be a possibility and I think she may have been considered in the transition as well.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Where is Heather?

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Man I totally did not get that impression. She has a bearing that is very confident and I think she's very quick on her feet. Knows how to respond. I think she is the best spokesperson he has had.
    Well, she is....so far. But then, what does that say about her?

Honestly, IDK how anyone can defend Trump day after day? Personally, I would have to sell my soul to the devil.

Spicier is serving The USA and you by doing his monthly Naval Reserve requirements. He was not in the bushes. The comment by Wash. Post that he was forced to huddle his team in the bushes was a CLICHE.

(Liberals will believe absolutely anything if it's negative about Republicans.)
    http://www.businessinsider.com/washi...-bushes-2017-5

Naval duty calls Sean Spicer away from briefings
    https://www.stripes.com/news/us/navy...trump-1.468015

Because all Liberals are exactly alike and think exactly the same.

Sweeping generalizations again.

If I said "how very Republican of you", I am guessing that would be met with derision. But it's okay to paint Liberals with your broad brush.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Staff of the week club
    Yep... or staff du jour

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast