CA - Judge Orders Release Of Sexually Violent Predator

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A sexually violent predator with a 20-year history of assaulting male hitchhikers can be released from a mental hospital into the community as long as a treatment plan is in place, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Douglas Badger, 63, shook hands with his attorney, Richard Gates, as Superior Court Judge David Gill made his ruling.

The judge scheduled a Jan. 27 status hearing to start a process for placing Badger back into San Diego County, where he can be supervised in an outpatient setting.

No such plan currently exists, according to court testimony.
http://www.10news.com/news/5581369/detail.html

Unbelievable :banghead: another judge for the Hate list ,how long before some poor boy is found dead or assaulted by him .

Disgusting!!! THESE judges need to be removed from the bench. All we need is one more pedophile on the prowl!

Just what we need. Another predator on the streets. :banghead: :banghead:

This bothers me a lot. The violent people among us are given a free pass from time to time. My brother is on lithium and neurotin, a highly strong combination for people with mental disabilities. Yet, when my sister called the parents yesterday he was on a rampage with his anger issues. Mom says he is taking the meds. Is she lying or are the meds not working? Or is it that he not taking his meds? In any case, I wouldn't go around . The issues go on and on and someone is always at risk.

concernedperson said:
This bothers me a lot. The violent people among us are given a free pass from time to time. My brother is on lithium and neurotin, a highly strong combination for people with mental disabilities. Yet, when my sister called the parents yesterday he was on a rampage with his anger issues. Mom says he is taking the meds. Is she lying or are the meds not working? Or is it that he not taking his meds? In any case, I wouldn't go around . The issues go on and on and someone is always at risk.
I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish the best for you and yours.

GreenEyedGirl said:
I'm sorry you are going through this. I wish the best for you and yours.

Thank you. This is the nicest post I have received in a long time.

I bet there is already an appeal in the works to keep this fellow where he is. Given the high profile nature of Joseph Duncan's crimes earlier this year, I suspect that when the deadline rolls around next year, you'll find someone from the State with a writ of involuntary commital with this guy's name on it in their hands.

I'm posting on here almost 9 years later and there are still no new laws on the books to deal with these chronic offenders. Guess we can check back in another 9-10 years!

Does anyone know if he has re offended? I can't seem NOT.

http://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2014/05/16/convicted-sex-predator-wont-go-campo-opts-stay-hospital/

In December, the Department of State Hospitals proposed placing Badger at a 5.07-acre private residence on Custer Road in Campo. Campo residents spoke out against the proposed placement in a January hearing...

Badger has been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and sexual sadism, and has a history of sexually assaulting male hitchhikers dating back to 1974. He was sentenced in 1981 to 10 years in prison for a sexual assault in Riverside County.

After being released, he was sentenced to another 10-year term following a 1991 conviction for an attack in the San Diego area. Following treatment at a state mental hospital, he was released in July 2006 to the trailer outside Donovan Prison. He was returned to Atascadero State Hospital two months later due to regressions in his mental state and psychological diagnoses.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/may/22/3-sexually-violent-predators-san-diego-county/

On May 16, Douglas Badger withdrew his petition to be placed in the community, citing a need for more treatment at Coalinga State Hospital where he and hundreds of other predators are confined. A judge had been considering a proposal to place Badger in Campo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back