AR AR - Christopher Hooks, 42, Crossett, 22 Jan 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Christopher Hooks, 42, was reported missing on February 1. He was last seen by his wife on January 22 around 9 a.m. when he left their home on N Taylor Carter Road in Crossett.

Hooks is described as having brown hair, brown eyes, is 6’2” and weighs 200 pounds.

He was driving a 2002 Toyota truck with fictitious tags.

christopher%20hooks_1487022088130_17304639_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/police-searching-for-missing-crossett-man/655547752

Tune in Sunday on NBC 10 News at 10:00p.m. for this special report: Missing in Crossett.
http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/sunday-at-10-on-nbc-10-missing-in-crossett/712848214

http://arkansas.missing.report/christopher-hooks-hampton/
He was then seen in Hampton at a Dollar General the same day. Police reviewed security cameras and he was alone. His truck was found on February 19, 2017 close to a family hunting lease in Harrell which is about five minutes from Hampton. All of his personal belongings were left inside the locked truck.
Included with his belongings was his medication

Missing in Crossett: Searching for Christopher Hooks

Missing Persons Cases Network

Police searching for missing Crossett man | thv11.com

Christopher Hooks – The Charley Project

Jan 22 2017
•9am- Chris drops his wife off at home on N. Taylor Carter Road in Crossett, AR.
•He leaves and heads to their family camp around Hampton AR
•He was seen at a Dollar General in Hampton later that day (time unknown)
•Wife went to camp but Chris wasn’t there; camp door was locked so wife went back home.
Feb 1 2017
•his wife and his mother reported him missing
Feb 19 2017
•Chris’s truck was found in the woods near the camp in Harrell, Arkansas, about a five-minute drive from Hampton.
•phone, money, identification and medication, were inside it

My number one question:
Why did they wait until Feb 1 to report him missing??

hooks_christopher.jpg hooks_christopher2.jpg hooks_christopher3.jpg
Christopher Hooks, ca. 2017
Missing from Arkansas since January 22, 2017.

Source of photos: Christopher Hooks – The Charley Project

mlhenn, I think that's a good question, why wasn't he reported missing within a few days?
I have seen people say that their local LE refused to take a report for a long time, even though they are supposed to take it.

There is obviously a lot of missing information. I'm sure it's to protect his / his family's privacy, though it adds to confusion.

What did he purchase at the Dollar store?

I'd guess he's out in those woods. Wonder if he battling depression or similar? MOO.

I truly hope his family gets answers soon.

View attachment 265930 View attachment 265931 View attachment 265932
Christopher Hooks, ca. 2017
Missing from Arkansas since January 22, 2017.

Source of photos: Christopher Hooks – The Charley Project

mlhenn, I think that's a good question, why wasn't he reported missing within a few days?
I have seen people say that their local LE refused to take a report for a long time, even though they are supposed to take it.

There is obviously a lot of missing information. I'm sure it's to protect his / his family's privacy, though it adds to confusion.

What did he purchase at the Dollar store?

I'd guess he's out in those woods. Wonder if he battling depression or similar? MOO.

I truly hope his family gets answers soon.

I hate to admit it but I about forgot about this missing case until I ran across it again last night. I’m pretty local.
As far as LE refusing to take part, I’m not sure I’ll agree with ppl about that (not saying it couldn’t be true), esp if they are referring to Ashley Co LE. I recall in one of the articles I posted above it shared where Sheriff stated they did searches for Chris even after finding out that he wasn’t last seen/missing from their jurisdiction (Ashley Co), but instead from Calhoun Co.
As far as Hampton LE, I wouldn’t have a clue.

خرائط ‪Google
‬‏‏

N Taylor Carter Rd
West Crossett, AR 71635
Google Maps

We know he left his residence in Crossett that morning to head to the family camp.
To Note:
•If someone were to ask a local where his residence is located, they’d reply West Crossett. (technically Crossett)
•His residence is down a road off of Hwy 82 which is a very busy/important hwy for us in AR
•I believe it’s safe to say he left his house & turned right onto Hwy 82 towards the family camp; that would be the most logical route to take...driving through Strong, El Dorado, & on up to Hampton.
•I recall ACSO stating they conducted searches in those areas including Huttig. So I assume they also believed this was the route he took.
•As for the family camp, it’s most likely is a hunting camp; many have these deer camps that are not only used during hunting season for lodging but also to hang out & spend time with family/friends. It’s also not uncommon to have a camp that’s an hour plus drive away.

So for him to be going to a camp and for LE to search the areas they did make total sense to me.

But what doesn’t make sense is waiting 10 days to report a spouse missing.

I know it happens; I’ve seen in numerous times concerning other cases on WS, but I still don’t understand it. And of course, that’s just my personal feelings towards that. I would be a total mess if my spouse were missing and if I waited over a week to report it (again MOO).
The only reasons I can come up with for waiting so long are:
1. person reporting it had something to do with disappearance
2. person missing has disappeared like this before & eventually came back
3. there’s some sketchy stuff already going on that may/may not be related to the disappearance & person is hesitant to get LE involved.
With those 3 reasons, I personally don’t feel the first one is likely in this case, but the other two....:oops:o_O

As far as LE refusing to take part, I’m not sure I’ll agree with ppl about that

Quote RSBM

I definitely don't mean the LE in this case, just that I've read it happens in other cases in other locations and want to give the family the benefit of the doubt.

Now that I think about the timeline, his truck wasn't found for quite awhile. His I.D., medication, etc was in the truck.
Now I'm assuming they thought he voluntarily took off for awhile, since he had those important items with him, as far as they knew at the time.

Quote RSBM

I definitely don't mean the LE in this case, just that I've read it happens in other cases in other locations and want to give the family the benefit of the doubt.

Now that I think about the timeline, his truck wasn't found for quite awhile. His I.D., medication, etc was in the truck.
Now I'm assuming they thought he voluntarily took off for awhile, since he had those important items with him, as far as they knew at the time.

Sorry, misunderstood:confused:...I thought you were referring to ppl saying that about this particular case. It wouldn’t be a surprise if some did think that; it’s been used on another local case that’s also posted on here on WS...but I don’t believe it is true for that case either. IMO, I believe during situations like a missing loved one or friend, people get desperate (lack of a better word) in wanting answers, any answers that when they don’t happen as soon as they’d like, they begin grasping at reasons, any reasons to why. It’s understandable IMO.

Has this case been resolved? (I don't find it in NamUs.)

@ChatteringBirds unfortunately his case hasn’t been resolved. :(
His case actually came up tonight during a conversation with family & I decided to visit his thread for any updates I may have missed.

Christopher is still missing along with other local men such as Brad Allen.
Of course in small towns like this, everyone seems to have a theory on what happened. I just pray for some type of closure for the family.

ADC

Came across this…

WANTED ABSCONDER
Christopher Hooks
Begin Supervision Date:
1/6/2017
Max Supervision End Date:
1/5/2018
Absconded Date:
2/14/2017
Most Serious Offense:
Poss Cont Sub Sched l,ll Meth Cocaine < 2g
Supervision Risk Level:
Medium

He was added to NamUs today:

1713887014336.png

#MP120597

Missing Age 42 Years
Current Age 49 Years
Legal First Name Christopher
Middle Name Dean
Legal Last Name Hooks
Biological Sex Male
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 145 lbs
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian

Date of Last Contact January 22, 2017
NamUs Case Created April 23, 2024

Last Known Location Map

Location Hamburg, Arkansas 71646
County Ashley County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Disappearance
Last contact with Christopher Hooks was on January 22,2017 at approximately 9:00 am. He left the residence in a 2002 Black Toyota pick up truck with fictitious tags.

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Short Brown Hair.
Body Hair Description car on right handTattoo on Back "Hooks"Cross Tattoo on Back
Facial Hair Description Thin mustache and goatee
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

Scar/mark Small Scar on Bottom Lip
Tattoo Tattoo on Back "Hooks"
Cross Tattoo on Back

Clothing Unknown Clothing Description

Transportation
2002 Toyota
Style Pickup
Color Black
Comments Vehicle had fictitious tags No LPN known