Bad gifts with best intentions

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
LONGMONT, Colorado (AP) -- Gary and Karri Clark haven't forgotten their second Christmas together. He knew she wanted bathroom accessories, so he wrapped up a couple of gifts and waited.

The toilet seat and towel rack didn't go over well.

"Here I thought I was doing good," he recalled. "It was something she can always use, day after day. It's the gift that keeps on giving."

The Clarks were among those who responded to requests by the Daily Times-Call newspaper to share their stories about bungled gifts and best intentions -- the waffle makers, blenders and vacuum cleaners given with love and practicality in mind that will never be forgotten or forgiven.

"I could not believe it," Karri Clark said. "What man gives you a toilet seat for Christmas? A fricking toilet seat, and it wasn't even that expensive."

Full Story

LOL Cass, If my husband gave me a toilet set and towel rack for Christmas, we would be headed to divorce court.
Bwahahaha

I got a fridge once for Christmas :rolleyes: I wanted a new one... but still!!!

My mother-in-law gave me a sweater her dead sister used to wear... "thought that counts, I know" uggg

edited: of course, when she was still alive that is.

Tool Kit? :eek:

Well it is the thought that counts... ;)

Originally posted by Casshew
Tool Kit? :eek:

Well it is the thought that counts... ;)

lmao. yah a tool kit!
a million and one pieces.

He has TWO garages full with tools and yet he thinks I need a tool kit!:rolleyes: :confused:
Like I even know how to use em!!
Like I even want to know....

I got live seahorses for my birthday last week... it was a very sweet gesture as I love seahorses... but diamonds are easier to care for :rolleyes:

;) BLUECLOUD,

My mother-in-law gave me a sweater her dead sister used to wear... "thought that counts, I know" uggg ;)

GIRL, I MUST SAY THIS IS NOT MY IDEA OF A GOOD GIFT, YIKES I COULDN'T WEAR IT..!! :bigthumb:

Seahorses, tool kits, fidges, toilet seats... :clap: I would be happy with all these gifts.. ;) I don't have a husband, or a sweetie..so I have bought all the above for myself..!! :dance: :dance:

SEAHORSES...CASSHEW WHAT A NEAT GIFT..!! I love seahorses as well.. !! :woohoo: :woohoo: DIAMONDS NAH!! SEAHORSES ARE BETTER ;)

:santahat:
CARLA

I have been asking for a new toilet seat for a few years now and finally got it!!! Happy as a little clam am I!! Of course the diamond and sapphire necklace kinda evened it out.....;o)

lynie

lynie.. you are lucky to get the necklace... I thought maybe hubby would want you to wear the toilet seat around your neck!

Carla... you can never screw up when you buy your own gifts - it's not such a bad thing afterall!

Yes my little sea horsies are cute :)

Originally posted by lynie
I have been asking for a new toilet seat for a few years now and finally got it!!! Happy as a little clam am I!! Of course the diamond and sapphire necklace kinda evened it out.....;o)

lynie

TeeHee:D

blueclouds...you think your story is odd. I have a uncle that is so tight with his money it's just wrong! We have always not been that close to his side of the family...it's more of something you MUST deal with and nothing more. I remember when my aunt died. He HAD to buy her a new dress which was around $150 some odd dollers and a new pair of shoes which were like $75 dollers. Well after the viewing, that codger went and took those shoes off of my aunt and two weeks later gave them to his sister for a gift!

Old Broad said:
yikes!! well atleast he didn't take them back to the store!

LOL... he probably could have gotten away with that.. I mean the soles would show they were not used (per say) :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back