Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Today (May 12, 2017) Family members said Aubrey(sic) left her mother’s home in Coachella to meet with her boyfriend, Jonathan Reynoso. Audrey was going to meet Jonathan in Coachella and give him a ride to his house in Palm Desert.

Later that evening, Audrey ’s sister received a “selfie” photograph on her cell phone of Audrey and Jonathan at Jonathan’s home in Palm Desert around 8:45 p.m. That was the last contact anyone has had with the pair. Family members became concerned after a multitude of unsuccessful attempts to contact Audrey throughout the day on Thursday, May 11, 2017.

After IPD received the initial report of Audrey and Jonathan being missing, officers sent a request to On-Star to have the vehicle last being driven by Audrey located. On-Star indicated that the vehicle was stationary on the I-10 west of Oak Valley Parkway in the city of Beaumont, CA around 9:00 a.m. on May 12, 2017.

Officers located the vehicle on the I-10 and discovered the vehicle was pulled to the side of the highway. A preliminary investigation indicated there was no signs of foul play or forced entry into the vehicle. The vehicle is currently being towed to the Indio Police Station for a more in-depth examination.

Currently there are no signs of foul play and this case is being considered an attempt to locate Audrey Moran and Jonathan Reynoso. IPD is asking for widest dissemination of this information and requesting any help the public can provide.
Updates will be sent to the IPD Twitter account @DMarshallDan.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1301522716570040&id=155818124473844

<modsnip>

e86286f4b7ffa6f2d9a33d7ab6a612de.jpg

6b4cf99c9402ca37001d65ed8699121e.jpg

Giving him a ride to Palm Desert yet the car ended up in Beaumont?? Doesn't really make much sense.

I went to school with John. The story is being vigorously shared within the community on social media. LE says there are no signs of foul play after they examined the Audrey's car, but they're taking back for more in depth investigation. <modsnip> I haven't read anything about a search around the area where the car was found yet.

Agree - opposite direction.. hopefully they can get access to phone records soon if their whereabouts remain unknown- that can possibly give some indication if they planned on going out that way and why or because of who...

Agree - opposite direction.. hopefully they can get access to phone records soon if their whereabouts remain unknown- that can possibly give some indication if they planned on going out that way and why or because of who...

To get from Coachella to Palm Desert you would travel west, and then Beaumont is even further west of Palm Desert (I'm a local of the area, only part time though so I have actually only just heard of this...currently I'm in O.C.) but Beaumont is MUCH farther down the 10 freeway than Palm Desert (by like 45 minutes or so). Coachella to Palm Desert should have only been about a 20 minute drive. It's as if they were planning to get away for a bit...the 10 at Beaumont would get you to the 60, which could bring you to Riverside and then all of the beach cities, had they gone far enough. Or they could have wanted to stay on the 10...eventually they could have hit L.A. and Santa Monica. Just my 2cents and first impressions upon reading this case. But yes...Beaumont is definitely the opposite direction of Audrey's house...weird.

What worries me is the area the car was found in is very rural...not much going on there, a LOT of desert upon desert...that stretch of highway is very desolate in some places. I hope they were closer to the inhabited areas of Beaumont. Good news is it hasn't been TOO hot...the weather has actually been quite beautiful (for the desert...I'm sure 90 degree weather is scorching for some people...but for Audrey and Jonathan, since they already live in Coachella/Palm Desert area, they are probably used to it, 90 degree weather wouldn't phase them much). My dad lives there full time and has been posting his pool selfies on social media, hah.

They were already safely at the intended destination, his home. It's after that when the mystery begins.

Maybe they decided to go on a short trip and got involved in some road rage incident, had car troubles, pulled over to help someone, stopped to look up directions.... all theories resulting in them getting hijacked. Someone took those two. I'm terrified for them.

Here's a map of where the car was found...Oak Valley Parkway is visible, the MSM says they were found on the 10 WEST of that street. As you can see, it *thankfully* looks like an area where there are people, businesses, and the like. HOPEFULLY they weren't farther up the 10 in that area where it starts getting desolate... Hard to know because all we got was "west of Oak Valley Parkway).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...dd599e0c98f8b!8m2!3d33.9449364!4d-117.0029637

They were already safely at the intended destination, his home. It's after that when the mystery begins.

Maybe they decided to go on a short trip and got involved in some road rage incident, had car troubles, pulled over to help someone, stopped to look up directions.... all theories resulting in them getting hijacked. Someone took those two. I'm terrified for them.

I absolutely agree with this. I'm curious to know what kind of mechanical condition the car was in.

Not getting a good feeling about this one...hope I'm wrong!

The weekend came and went. I checked out traffic cams, and there's none on that area of the highway. But maybe some street CCTV cams will be useful.

The weekend came and went. I checked out traffic cams, and there's none on that area of the highway. But maybe some street CCTV cams will be useful.

At this point, i would hope LE is scouring for CCTV footage and accessing phone records. they posted another article on a local news website about asking the public for help, which I'm assuming means that any preliminary searching has come up empty. I know they took the car in to examine it further, I hope that can give indication on the mechanics of the car as well as any forensic clues that might turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are an adorable couple. The simple fact that they are still missing, the car was on the side of the highway, <modsnip> is scary. I can't find any social media on Jonathon, and I'm wondering if anyone else lived with him.

They are an adorable couple. The simple fact that they are still missing, the car was on the side of the highway, <modsnip> is scary. I can't find any social media on Jonathon, and I'm wondering if anyone else lived with him.

I'm not sure.. I went to school with his entire group of friends , <modsnip> On a different note - does anyone know how long someone has to be missing to be added into NAMUS? Just curious..

I'm not sure.. I went to school with his entire group of friends , <modsnip>. On a different note - does anyone know how long someone has to be missing to be added into NAMUS? Just curious..
I think LE can add someone to NAMUS at any time.

<modsnip>

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/254676966-story

Nothing much new in this updated story but I haven't seen it reported that bloodhounds picked up his scent before.

"The family said that bloodhounds apparently tracked Reynoso’s scent 50-feet into a nearby field before losing it."

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen reports of the dogs in any local articles.

http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/254676966-story

Nothing much new in this updated story but I haven't seen it reported that bloodhounds picked up his scent before.

"The family said that bloodhounds apparently tracked Reynoso’s scent 50-feet into a nearby field before losing it."

This is frightening. He's a big guy, I can't see someone else dragging him or forcing him unless he walked himself being forced at gun point or something.

What would be the reason for going into a field if your car broke down??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member