1188 users online (229 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kat913 View Post
    So, they really were in the vicinity of their home? Brovan Blvd is where they lived? That is even more chilling...thank you Considering!!
    Lizzy lived at the house on Brovan Blvd. A few years earlier, Lyric had lived with the Collinses, but at the time of the girls' disappearance, Lyric was living with her grandmother, Wylma, on W 8th St. in Waterloo.

Thinking of the cctv of L and L riding bikes and how that tape was scrutinized, looking for some hint of the perp, thinking if only he was photographed, he would be caught for sure!
    But in the Delphi case, the poi is actually captured on film, with audio ( presumably ) of his voice no less, tantalizing, but not quite the smoking gun one might expect!

The bodies were found by hunters, did the perp expect hunters to eventually find the bodies?
    As opposed to being a hunter himself assumed due to his apparent familiarity with the woods, could leaving the deceased bodies of innocent children, possibly be that the perp was making a bold statement about hunting?

complete speculation, imo.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2017/03/09/...sdale-cousins/
    March 9, 2017
    After hearing that the cases are not likely connected, Drew Collins, Elizabeth Collins’ father, spoke with KCRG-TV. “If this person isn’t involved in our case, then that’s that…but, it actually makes it even scarier that there are two people out there capable of doing this who are on the loose,” Collins said. Indiana Police say two girls, ages 13 and 14, went missing on February 13. Their bodies were found the next day, in a wooded area outside of their hometown. Collins told KCRG he finds no comfort in the ties between the two double murders.

“We’ve been up and down on this for almost five years, so I really don’t get super excited,” Collins said. “I mean, obviously, I hope that our case gets solved and I really hope their case gets solved too. But, it takes a while for these things to happen.” Police in Indiana found a picture and audio of a man on one of the victim’s cellphones
    Last edited by dotr; 05-22-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Feeling like banging my head against a wall because of the large number of cold cases I seem to be following right now, and I've watched them all go from recent, heinous crimes with seemingly many leads and lots of evidence to just nada.

I half lose my mind over these cases. I'm not sure how family and friends keep going.

Thinking of them all tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Feeling like banging my head against a wall because of the large number of cold cases I seem to be following right now, and I've watched them all go from recent, heinous crimes with seemingly many leads and lots of evidence to just nada.

I half lose my mind over these cases. I'm not sure how family and friends keep going.

rbbm.
    Exactly, seemingly so many clues, leads and possibilities, then nothing- like a rising cake going flat.
    This is why i am wondering if there is something that can and is seen, but is misinterpreted.

Wondering if the perp profile remains the same, or if it gets re-visited and tweaked as time goes by?
    Maybe some of these perps defy the psychological makeup usually expected in these cases?
    imo, speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

I feel you on so many levels. The waiting for answers and justice is the worst. I can't even imagine what it must be like for the families of the victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The type of person who would do this would likely be assumed to be an evil low-life type in his day to day life, but maybe outwardly he is the opposite of that? imo.
    What if he knew, or thought that the parents would firmly believe that the girls " were in a better place " and he agreed with that and saw himself as the "savior " who was going to get them there?
    Does he spend lots of time praying, perhaps more so since the murders, or if that was something he usually did, has he stopped?
    Although someone quite young could easily be the perp. imo, from the profile below, it sounds like they might have someone older in mind.

Complete turning the box around speculation, imo.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/10/us/iowa-missing-girls/
    Elizabeth's mother, Heather Collins, posted a message on Facebook last weekexpressing gratitude for the prayers and outpouring of support amid the "gut-wrenching news."

"We know that they are up in heaven with our savior," she wrote. "Lord we know that you have them in your loving arms and we are so blessed."
    http://wqad.com/2014/08/22/authoriti...of-iowa-girls/
    The site says that whoever is responsible for the crime “blends in with” or may be “part of the Evansdale, Bremer” area. It is believed that the offender used “quiet coercion” to gain the girls’ trust, according to the report.

WHO reported that authorities say the suspect may have been in a stressful situation in July 2012, perhaps related to legal troubles, marital issues, employment problems, financial strain, or mental health problems.

The suspect may avoid talking about the case, but is likely following reports from the media. Also, this person may have attempted to abduct children or adults in the past. After the girls’ disappearance, the suspect might have changed his or her appearance, like changing hair style or facial hair. The offender may also have altered his or her vehicle with a new paint job or re-upholstery.
    Last edited by dotr; 05-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Bumping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Thinking of the cctv of L and L riding bikes and how that tape was scrutinized, looking for some hint of the perp, thinking if only he was photographed, he would be caught for sure!
    But in the Delphi case, the poi is actually captured on film, with audio ( presumably ) of his voice no less, tantalizing, but not quite the smoking gun one might expect!

The bodies were found by hunters, did the perp expect hunters to eventually find the bodies?
    As opposed to being a hunter himself assumed due to his apparent familiarity with the woods, could leaving the deceased bodies of innocent children, possibly be that the perp was making a bold statement about hunting?

complete speculation, imo.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2017/03/09/...sdale-cousins/
    March 9, 2017
    Slightly OT
    http://kfor.com/2017/06/14/i-replay-...-riding-bikes/

There has been much discussion regarding the girls bikes...
    From the article...

However, they say the man didn’t try to get away with their bikes.
    Instead, he waited for them to come to his truck.
    “He got out of the truck and I was like, ‘I thought you were going to steal them.’ And he was like, ‘No, no, no, I would never,” one of the children said.
    At that point, they say the man asked them to get in his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ShHolmz View Post
    Slightly OT
    http://kfor.com/2017/06/14/i-replay-...-riding-bikes/

There has been much discussion regarding the girls bikes...
    From the article...

However, they say the man didn’t try to get away with their bikes.
    Instead, he waited for them to come to his truck.
    “He got out of the truck and I was like, ‘I thought you were going to steal them.’ And he was like, ‘No, no, no, I would never,” one of the children said.
    At that point, they say the man asked them to get in his truck.
    Wow, that happened recently !
    “I replay in my mind what could’ve happened,” Father says kids almost kidnapped while riding bikes

June 14, 2017

I have so much catching up to do but I wanted to say hi and let you all know the girls are still on my mind very often.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages. I read and appreciated them all!

I am watching this case and the Delphi murders closely. I still think there are several similarities in both cases. Such tragedies, I feel for all the families.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    I have so much catching up to do but I wanted to say hi and let you all know the girls are still on my mind very often.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages. I read and appreciated them all!
    It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

[QUOTE=gregjrichards;13467250]It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.[/QUOTE

Thanks for those kind words. I am so glad to be back!!

At first I felt there could be a connection between the two girls in Indiana and what happened to Lyric and Lizzy. But as I read more about it, my gut reaction is that there is no connection between the two sad cases.

But I look forward to catching up and seeing what everyone else has to say about it.

[QUOTE=Marilynilpa;13469793]
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.[/QUOTE
    Thanks for those kind words. I am so glad to be back!!

At first I felt there could be a connection between the two girls in Indiana and what happened to Lyric and Lizzy. But as I read more about it, my gut reaction is that there is no connection between the two sad cases.

But I look forward to catching up and seeing what everyone else has to say about it.
    You're welcome. Thank you for sharing your opinion on whether the two tragic cases could be linked it is appreciated. I'm on the fence I wish we knew cause of death in each case and if there are any similarities in the crime scenes. It's horrific to contemplate two child murdering monsters being out there never mind one.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast