653 users online (67 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    When cases seem to have gone cold, it's good when the media steps up and prints a recap of the case. Who knows when it will trigger a response needed to solve the crime. A great job was done with this article. Thanks for posting it.

It is sad though that Drew and Heather have divorced.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeeze View Post
    Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    That article was very touching!
    It practically reached into Drew's broken heart and that of his family and LE, communicating the depth of the pain felt and the long term repercussions of these senseless murders.

"I would never come out here alone. It’s kind of scary being out here," Collins said. "To me, this place is not a peaceful place. We can only imagine what happened to them here."

Collins said he thinks Elizabeth and Lyric were alive when they were brought here — it seems impossible to him that they could have been carried.
    “I think about how bad the bugs were and how scary it must have been for them,” Collins said. “Who could do this to two little girls?"

All seven Evansdale police officers have pictures of the cousins at their desks.

They're not supposed to take the case personally. But it can’t help but hit home, said Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen.

Portraits of Elizabeth and Lyric hang high on the wall of his office, next to pictures of his grandchildren.
    “A lot of my gray hair comes from this case, because you think about it,” Jensen said. “You lie down and you think ‘Oh, maybe this.’ I think a lot of our officers play the game ‘Oh, what about this or that?’"

Since the abductions, when officers see kids biking, they take note of what they’re wearing and who’s near them.
    Last edited by dotr; 07-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.

It's hard to believe it is nearly five years since horrendous tragedy struck. I hope and pray the find the monster responsible.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Came across this UK case of two little girls found murdered in the woods.
    It was interesting that the jury considered the 19 year old suspect innocent because it was thought it would take more than one man to attack the girls, fwiw.

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/04/22...shop-brighton/
    ]The child sex attacker who was the prime suspect in the notorious ‘Babes in the Wood’ murders in 1986 could soon walk free from jail.

Tragic Nicola Fellows, 10, and Karen Hadaway, nine, went missing 28 years ago today and their bodies were later found in a park in Brighton, East Sussex.

Russell Bishop, then 19, was found not guilty of the killings a year later but was jailed for life for the attempted murder and rape of another young girl in 1991.
    ]
    Nicola and Karen, who were neighbours on an estate in Brighton, were last seen alive on October 9, 1986, after going out to play.

Relatives and friends, including Bishop, also from Brighton, joined more than 150 police officers in a hunt for the girls.

They were found strangled in the city’s Wild Park the next day, huddled together with Karen’s head resting on her friend’s lap.

During the trial, jurors were told by the defence that the suggestion that one man had killed the girls was “unlikely if not downright absurd”.

These murders were revenge killings do to the heavy drug use and dealing of drugs by the adults within this family. They either received drugs that couldn't be paid for or they stole drugs from a dealer. These revenge killings are actually very common in the drug world. Loved ones especially children are prime targets for dealers that have been screwed over.
    Some think it was a botched kidnapping/ransom scenario that went wrong. Either way, dig deeper into the families connection with the drug world and you WILL find the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Colton View Post
    These murders were revenge killings do to the heavy drug use and dealing of drugs by the adults within this family. They either received drugs that couldn't be paid for or they stole drugs from a dealer. These revenge killings are actually very common in the drug world. Loved ones especially children are prime targets for dealers that have been screwed over.
    Some think it was a botched kidnapping/ransom scenario that went wrong. Either way, dig deeper into the families connection with the drug world and you WILL find the killer.
    On that train of thought, would someone who lost a family member to drugs, murder children to avenge that death or to make a public" statement "?
    imo, speculation.

Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying here. They more than likely owed drug money to very professional drug dealers or stole the drugs. Either way that's a big No-No and the drug dealers knew they would never see their product or the money, so revenge payment is the next step. Very common practice unfortunately.

These were not your typical run of the mill druggies sitting on a tore up couch in a 8'×25' mobile home as you see on tv, these are professional drug dealers !

Maybe you don't understand what i'm saying here. They more than likely owed drug money to very professional drug dealers or stole the drugs. Either way that's a big No-No and the drug dealers knew they would never see their product or the money, so revenge payment is the next step. Very common practice unfortunately.

These were not your typical run of the mill druggies sitting on a tore up couch in a 8'×25' mobile home as you see on tv, these are professional drug dealers !
    The post was easy to understand, just adding to the speculation with my 2 cents of speculation!
    In support of your assertion about drug dealers murdering family members because of drug debts, found some links.Horrifying!
    imo, speculation.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/aug/18/local/me-6698
    A 15-year-old boy allegedly kidnapped from his San Fernando Valley neighborhood was shot, execution style, as he lay bound and gagged in a shallow grave because his older half-brother had not paid a $36,000 marijuana debt to a drug dealer, authorities said Thursday.

Santa Barbara County sheriff's investigators have arrested four people and are seeking a fifth in the slaying of Nicholas Markowitz, who was shot nine times in the head and torso last week in the mountains north of Santa Barbara.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/05...cluding-2.html
    WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – A federal judge Wednesday sentenced two men to death for the drug-debt slaying of a family of four on the side of a Florida highway, including two young boys who died in their mother's arms
    https://patch.com/illinois/homewood-...crest-shooting
    Hazel Crest, IL — Two young girls were shot to death alongside their father in south suburban Hazel Crest on Saturday in what may have been a dispute over a drug debt. The children were 3 and 10 years of age.

The killer or killers remain at large

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    The post was easy to understand, just adding to the speculation with my 2 cents of speculation!
    In support of your assertion about drug dealers murdering family members because of drug debts, found some links.Horrifying!
    imo, speculation.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/aug/18/local/me-6698

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/05...cluding-2.html

https://patch.com/illinois/homewood-...crest-shooting
    I know this is a possibility and thank you for the information. My opinion is that drug dealers can be nasty, brutal and ruthless individuals but many would not murder children for revenge. Personally I think the girls were killed by a sexual predator I think they were going to meet someone and were possibly groomed by someone pretending to be a friend. It would be great if we knew what the cause of death was and if any clothing was missing.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38

...Edited to delete my posts.
    Last edited by JJ007; 07-15-2017 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ007 View Post
    Ok folks. I'm going to blow this wide open. I've found a very interesting post on FB and need to turn your direction to some conversations on a public page from a book. Just go there (FB) and look for the following book page which is public "Urges A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry DeWayne Hall." On the page scroll down to the picture of a scary van. Then read the comments. Then go back up to the beginning and read the entire page. I think this basically settles the case. They have an eye witness who was taken lightly and she had specific observational knowledge of who was there at the scene. She specifically says it was Gary Hall driving the van, not Larry DeWayne Hall. We might all know of their travels together. If not just google him and start reading blogs, specifically the one regarding an interview with the author.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry mods, meant to post this to the Springfield 3 page. I completely apologize. It's regarding the Springfield 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotr, i'm sorry i'm the one that misunderstood...The grapevine has produced yet more rumors that there is critical information being withheld by law enforcement pertaining to the way the girls were killed.

Only a "certain type" of people kill like this to get there point across. Please understand, the people that the parents were involved with are professional drug dealers, not some toothless skinny standing on a street corner with a baggy in his pocket.

This has all the markings of a revenge killing. The answer is within the drug world ! It's so obvious that it's invisible to most and it makes me mad ! Dig deeper into their ties with these people, the killer is there 😤

dotr, i'm sorry i'm the one that misunderstood...The grapevine has produced yet more rumors that there is critical information being withheld by law enforcement pertaining to the way the girls were killed.

Only a "certain type" of people kill like this to get there point across. Please understand, the people that the parents were involved with are professional drug dealers, not some toothless skinny standing on a street corner with a baggy in his pocket.

This has all the markings of a revenge killing. The answer is within the drug world ! It's so obvious that it's invisible to most and it makes me mad ! Dig deeper into their ties with these people, the killer is there ��
    BBM While you may be correct, I have to respectfully disagree. While this sort of thing happens more frequently in Mexico, in the U.S. drug dealers rarely kill family members of people owing them money. They kill the person who actually owes them money, rips them off or is invading their turf. The exception is when family members are with the person owing the money. When drug dealers kill, they leave the body on display attempting to send a message to the person they feel wronged them and to the public in general that they are not to be messed with. Elizabeth and Lyric's bodies were hidden and had the hunters not stumbled upon them 5 months later, they would have probably never been found. I believe this was the work of a sexual predator who took the girls to a different location, did whatever he did to them and disposed of their bodies miles away from the point of their abduction. I feel certain that Lyric's parents, especially her dad has disclosed to LE his drug connections and LE has hopefully investigated them.
    Last edited by TedMac; 07-15-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: grammar of course!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35871457/2...elizabeth-case
    July 13 2017
    Elizabeth's father, Drew isn't the only one looking for answers. It also bothers Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen.

"I would like to know what happened. I want to know," said Jensen.
    Jensen says they get about three to four call a week and those tips will pick up on the anniversaries.
    Lead DCI agent with the Lyric and Elizabeth case, Mike Roehrkasse says a couple of months ago they decided to do what he's calling a "hard reset" and start looking from the beginning.

"It's a high probability that the person that did this is somewhere in our case report at the very beginning. So we've really gone back and just revisited those things," said Roehrkasse.

In fact, he says they have actually heard two confessions to the murder. Roehrkasse says they knew those people weren't responsible because they didn't know many details about the case.
    "They try to confess to it and we were able to with all the information that we held back about the scene and things that we know and that the abductor knows we were kind of able to put those to rest," said Roehrkasse
    rbbm

Includes video of Lizzie's ( very sweet ) little sister.

http://www.kcci.com/article/5-years-...-hope/10294181
    Callie was only four years old the day her sister Elizabeth and cousin Lyric disappeared, but she said she still remembers everything -- even asking her sister to go on the fateful bike ride that led to their disappearance.

“I said, ‘But can I go?’ and she said, ‘No because grandma is not going to come with,’” Callie said.

“To me, I think it almost has to be somebody local that either knows the Seven Bridges area well, or kind of, and definitely maybe blended in because nobody stood out that day,” Drew Collins said.

To date, authorities have interviewed more than 1,000 people and looked into more than 300 sex offenders.
    Authorities recently investigated an Ankeny sex offender as a new lead.
    Jeff Altmayer, 58, is charged with trying to enticement children in Jasper, Monona and Grundy County by offering them 100 dollars to get in his van.
    Court records show he was working as a traveling automobile damage field inspector.
    “It's very concerning to us when you have an individual like that that has the access that he does through his employment at the time to basically roam the state or roam the Midwest,” said Mitch Mortvedt Head of Field Operations for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast