Found Deceased Canada - Josiah Begg, 14, Thunder Bay, Ont, 6 May 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/josiah-begg-search-1.4113287
[h=1]'Please help us': Family of missing boy in Thunder Bay, Ont., asks volunteers to help search[/h]
attachment.php

The family of a 14-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago in Thunder Bay, Ont., is asking for more volunteers to help search for him.

Josiah Begg, from Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, was last seen May 6 in the city. Police reported he was at the skate park at Marina Park around 6 p.m. Nishnawbe Aski Nation said he was also seen that night, around 10 p.m. near the Vale Community Centre.

"Josiah is a good person and we miss him dearly," Begg's family said in a written statement issued on Friday.

Meredith Barker and Steve Berry drove all the way from Ottawa when they heard Begg was missing.
Barker taught Begg when he was living in Peawanuk First Nation and said he is a remarkable boy.
"He's amazing, positive, energetic," Barker said. His mom was actually an [educational assistant] in my classroom as well. They're a great family."
Josiah Begg is described as being five feet, eight inches tall with a slim build. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red baseball cap, a red hooded sweatshirt and grey and white sweatpants.

Anyone with information is being asked to contact Thunder Bay police at (807) 684-1200 or the NAN Search Command Centre at (807) 630-1982. The command centre is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, with daily meetings at 10 a.m. ET.
Emergency calls after hours should be directed to 911, NAN said.

rbbm.

Attachments

• josiah-begg.jpg
    josiah-begg.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 291

Attachments

• josiah-begg-search-1.jpg
    josiah-begg-search-1.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 267
  • mp-josiah-begg-cropped-version-p17038800.jpg
    mp-josiah-begg-cropped-version-p17038800.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 260
oh Josiah you are worrying your family ... please go home if you can

http://www.thunderbaypolice.ca/news/missing-person-update-josiah-begg
[h=1]Missing Person Update: Josiah BEGG[/h] Incident Date:
Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 15:00

Incident Number:
P17038800

Date Published: 2017-05-13
Thunder Bay Police are continuing efforts to locate missing 14 year old Josiah Begg. Josiah was last seen on Saturday May 6, 2017 at approximately 10:00 p.m near the Vale Community Centre.
Thunder Bay Police are continuing to work with the concerned community members to locate Josiah.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Josiah Begg should contact the Thunder Bay Police at 684-1200 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477
NAN has set up the Josiah BEGG Command Post at Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School. Anyone with information on his whereabouts can contact 630-1982

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/begg-mother-fb-vid-1.4116881
Sunshine Winter is reaching out to her son, Josiah Begg, through YouTube video.

The teen, from Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, has been missing since May 6.
Surveillance video shows the teen was near a bridge over the Neebing-McIntyre floodway in the hours before his disappearance.
[video=youtube;Ou2DsPtaj3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou2DsPtaj3A[/video]

A week is a long time for a young teen to be away from home. This is worrisome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hoping that Josiah is alive and located soon.
rbbm
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-news/nan-frustrated-with-police-co-operation-618014
Staff Sgt. Ryan Hughes of the Thunder Bay Police Service said police requested an Ontario Provincial Police underwater recovery team to join the search two days ago and they will begin searching area waterways on Wednesday evening. Officers and members of Thunder Bay Fire Rescue searched the shores of the Neebing-McIntyre Floodway by boat on May 11.

An OPP helicopter will also be searching areas in the south side of the city Wednesday afternoon.
According to Hughes, there has been a minimum of two officers working on the case every day, with between 10 and 15 officers conducting ground searches over a four day period in Northwood that started on May 10. Searches continued around Confederation College with members of Lakehead Search and Rescue on May 16.

“We’ve been getting different statements with different sightings of Josiah,” Hughes said. “What led us down to the south end then we have another youth saying he was up in the north end. We have to follow everything up. We still have no evidence that says he went in the water, but we have to cover all our areas off, so the OPP underwater recovery unit has specialized equipment where they can search the water.”

That poor mom. I feel her pain. Please come home Josiah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rose:

http://aptnnews.ca/2017/05/19/police-recover-body-of-male-from-river-in-thunder-bay/
A body recovered from the McIntyre River by Ontario Provincial Police on Thursday in Thunder Bay is a 14 year-old First Nation boy who had been missing, according to the regional chief for Ontario. Assembly of First Nations regional chief for Ontario Isadore Day posted condolences to the family of Josiah Begg last evening.
“The body has to most likely go to Toronto for a post-mortem where hopefully we’ll get some confirmation on the identity,” said Thunder Bay Staff Sgt. Ryan Hughes on Thursday.
McIntyre River in Thunder Bay. Photo: Willow Fiddler/APTN

Thunder Bay’s criminal investigations branch has secured the scene and is awaiting the results of the postmortem.

“We still have lots of answers that we need to get. We started a search of the area with our tactical unit looking for anything on the shores and we’ll start working our way back from where the body was located,” said Hughes

I believe Josiah is the 5th youth to be found in the same river...
I also believe all 5 youth are First Nation and do Not live in ThunderBay.. they were either foster children or visiting for medical. If visiting for medical, Thunder Bay does have shelter where the pateients can stay for free or a cheaper rate(not sure) ... Anyway, just wanted to say I find it odd that all 5 youth did not reside in Thunder Bay...and who knew? I am beginning to think Thunder Bay has a serial Killer or this is gang activity (killing for fun)

I believe Josiah is the 5th youth to be found in the same river...
I also believe all 5 youth are First Nation and do Not live in ThunderBay.. they were either foster children or visiting for medical. If visiting for medical, Thunder Bay does have shelter where the pateients can stay for free or a cheaper rate(not sure) ... Anyway, just wanted to say I find it odd that all 5 youth did not reside in Thunder Bay...and who knew? I am beginning to think Thunder Bay has a serial Killer or this is gang activity (killing for fun)

Started a thread in 2015
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?291901-Canada-First-Nations-student-deaths-inquest-7-youths-died-in-10-years&p=12710371&highlight=Nations+teens+died+rivers+Thunder+Bay#post12710371
[h=2]Canada, First Nations student deaths inquest: 7 youths died in 10 years.[/h]

Lengthy article about the teens.
http://www.cbc.ca/interactives/longform/news/deep-water-indigenous-youth-death
By Jody Porter

April 4, 2016

The part of the McIntyre River that flows past the movie theatre, Intercity mall and the big box stores in Thunder Bay, Ont., isn’t much of a river at all.
It’s part of a man-made floodway built in the 1970s to protect the city from high waters.
But in recent years, instead of saving lives, the McIntyre has been taking them.

Christian Morriseau's son Kyle is one of seven First Nations teens to have died in Thunder Bay since 2000. (Ron Desmoulins/CBC) At one point, Christian believed there was a serial killer in Thunder Bay.
“That’s a pretty harsh way to think about it,” he says. “I think I was just hurting myself thinking of it that way.”
In all, seven First Nations students died in Thunder Bay between 2000 and 2011; the other two deaths were unrelated to drowning.
On Oct. 26, 2009, Kyle called home, asking to speak to his dad, but Christian was out hunting. Lorene thought Kyle sounded intoxicated. She told her son she loved him and that it was important that he go to school the next day.
It was the last conversation they’d ever have.
That night, one of Kyle’s classmates watched him leave their boarding home, alone, and disappear into the night.
His body was found in the McIntyre River two weeks later.
He was last seen drinking near the riverbank with a man. After Kyle’s disappearance, school officials spoke to some of his friends and were thereby able to identify the man. They went to speak to him and told police they thought he may have harmed the boy

WOW! So all these children that are sent in from the reserves to attend school, are in care of CAS or have medical issues -
How are they targeted? How does the killer (if there is one) know that these children fall into one of the categories above?

RIP Josiah - I pray the LE find some clues

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/josiah-begg-found-1.4123305
Begg was last seen in the city on May 6. He had traveled 600 kilometres to Thunder Bay from the fly-in community of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug with his father to access medical services not available in the First Nation.
Begg is the second Indigenous teen to be found dead in the McIntyre River system in less than two weeks — and the seventh Indigenous teen whose body turned up in a river in Thunder Bay since 2000.

On May 7, Tammy Keeash, 17, of North Caribou Lake First Nation was found dead in the Neebing-McIntyre Floodway.
That's a fact that can't be ignored, Fiddler said.
"Tammy and Josiah went missing the same evening and that should alarm all of us that there is something definitely wrong in this city and we have to do something about it," he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back