976 users online (146 members and 830 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada - Josiah Begg, 14, Thunder Bay, Ont, 6 May 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/josiah-begg-search-1.4113287
    'Please help us': Family of missing boy in Thunder Bay, Ont., asks volunteers to help search

The family of a 14-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago in Thunder Bay, Ont., is asking for more volunteers to help search for him.

Josiah Begg, from Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, was last seen May 6 in the city. Police reported he was at the skate park at Marina Park around 6 p.m. Nishnawbe Aski Nation said he was also seen that night, around 10 p.m. near the Vale Community Centre.

"Josiah is a good person and we miss him dearly," Begg's family said in a written statement issued on Friday.
    Meredith Barker and Steve Berry drove all the way from Ottawa when they heard Begg was missing.
    Barker taught Begg when he was living in Peawanuk First Nation and said he is a remarkable boy.
    "He's amazing, positive, energetic," Barker said. His mom was actually an [educational assistant] in my classroom as well. They're a great family."
    Josiah Begg is described as being five feet, eight inches tall with a slim build. He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red baseball cap, a red hooded sweatshirt and grey and white sweatpants.

Anyone with information is being asked to contact Thunder Bay police at (807) 684-1200 or the NAN Search Command Centre at (807) 630-1982. The command centre is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, with daily meetings at 10 a.m. ET.
    Emergency calls after hours should be directed to 911, NAN said.
    rbbm.
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...old-boy-611567

Thunder Bay Police conduct a ground search along the Neebing McIntyre Floodway, an attempt to locate missing 14-year-old Josiah Begg (Leith Dunick, tbnewswatch.com).

Josiah Begg, 14, was last seen on Saturday, May 6, 2017 near Vale Community Centre. (submitted photo).
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh Josiah you are worrying your family ... please go home if you can

http://www.thunderbaypolice.ca/news/...te-josiah-begg
    Missing Person Update: Josiah BEGG

Incident Date:
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 15:00

Incident Number:
    P17038800

Date Published: 2017-05-13
    Thunder Bay Police are continuing efforts to locate missing 14 year old Josiah Begg. Josiah was last seen on Saturday May 6, 2017 at approximately 10:00 p.m near the Vale Community Centre.
    Thunder Bay Police are continuing to work with the concerned community members to locate Josiah.
    Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Josiah Begg should contact the Thunder Bay Police at 684-1200 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477
    NAN has set up the Josiah BEGG Command Post at Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School. Anyone with information on his whereabouts can contact 630-1982

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunde...-vid-1.4116881
    Sunshine Winter is reaching out to her son, Josiah Begg, through YouTube video.

The teen, from Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug, has been missing since May 6.
    Surveillance video shows the teen was near a bridge over the Neebing-McIntyre floodway in the hours before his disappearance.

A week is a long time for a young teen to be away from home. This is worrisome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I'm here avoiding laundry.

All posts are my opinion only.

Hoping that Josiah is alive and located soon.
    rbbm
    https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...eration-618014
    Staff Sgt. Ryan Hughes of the Thunder Bay Police Service said police requested an Ontario Provincial Police underwater recovery team to join the search two days ago and they will begin searching area waterways on Wednesday evening. Officers and members of Thunder Bay Fire Rescue searched the shores of the Neebing-McIntyre Floodway by boat on May 11.

An OPP helicopter will also be searching areas in the south side of the city Wednesday afternoon.
    According to Hughes, there has been a minimum of two officers working on the case every day, with between 10 and 15 officers conducting ground searches over a four day period in Northwood that started on May 10. Searches continued around Confederation College with members of Lakehead Search and Rescue on May 16.

“We’ve been getting different statements with different sightings of Josiah,” Hughes said. “What led us down to the south end then we have another youth saying he was up in the north end. We have to follow everything up. We still have no evidence that says he went in the water, but we have to cover all our areas off, so the OPP underwater recovery unit has specialized equipment where they can search the water.”

That poor mom. I feel her pain. Please come home Josiah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't anymore. This is so sad.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...e-river-619582

Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
    Sounds like bad news. Too many kids dying

http://aptnnews.ca/2017/05/19/police...n-thunder-bay/
    A body recovered from the McIntyre River by Ontario Provincial Police on Thursday in Thunder Bay is a 14 year-old First Nation boy who had been missing, according to the regional chief for Ontario. Assembly of First Nations regional chief for Ontario Isadore Day posted condolences to the family of Josiah Begg last evening.
    “The body has to most likely go to Toronto for a post-mortem where hopefully we’ll get some confirmation on the identity,” said Thunder Bay Staff Sgt. Ryan Hughes on Thursday.
    McIntyre River in Thunder Bay. Photo: Willow Fiddler/APTN

Thunder Bay’s criminal investigations branch has secured the scene and is awaiting the results of the postmortem.

“We still have lots of answers that we need to get. We started a search of the area with our tactical unit looking for anything on the shores and we’ll start working our way back from where the body was located,” said Hughes

Such sad news. I am sorry, sweetie.

So sad... Rest easy Josiah... Prayers to the family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast