881 users online (108 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

First Lady Melania Trump

She was born in*Slovenia*(then part of*Yugoslavia), became a*permanent resident*of the United States in 2001, and obtained*U.S. citizenship*in 2006. Prior to marrying Donald Trump, she worked as a model; by 2016 she considered herself a "full-time mom". Trump is the second foreign-born First Lady of the United States, following*Louisa Adams, wife of*John Quincy Adams.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melania_Trump
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Thank you for the thread.

I kind of see Melania as a victim of trump. I feel bad for her and if she can stay as far away as possible from him... well I GET IT.

I don't really care about any nude photos which were published, as long as they were done so legally and preferably also ethically. I do think anyone who took issue with Michelle Obama's arms should check themselves if choosing to give a pass on the current First Lady's revealing past, but honestly most of the people I personally know who judged Michelle Obama's wardrobe as immodest didn't vote for Trump or Clinton. I don't think it casts a wholesome light on the first family but it's really not on my list of issues with this administration. I really don't care that much about consensual adult nude photos in the big scheme of things.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I don't really care about any nude photos which were published, as long as they were done so legally and preferably also ethically. I do think anyone who took issue with Michelle Obama's arms should check themselves if choosing to give a pass on the current First Lady's revealing past, but honestly most of the people I personally know who judged Michelle Obama's wardrobe as immodest didn't vote for Trump or Clinton. I don't think it casts a wholesome light on the first family but it's really not on my list of issues with this administration. I really don't care that much about consensual adult nude photos in the big scheme of things.
    I was just about to post something about Michelle's arms. It was so "trashy and scandalous " that the FL wore sleeveless dresses....

But full nudes in bondage poses are befitting. Mmmmkay.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    I was just about to post something about Michelle's arms. It was so "trashy and scandalous " that the FL wore sleeveless dresses....

But full nudes in bondage poses are befitting. Mmmmkay.
    It is the message. That women are pieces of meat. It is a form of slavery as far as I am concerned.

For me and many other women who have exposed how sex is used to sell products, it is unfortunate that selling yourself is considered ok.

Women are worth more than being an object.

I asked a really good looking man why the old guy who married Anna Nicole Smith could not see it was not love. He said it was merely a show of what he could buy with his money. Like buying a Maserati.

Women for sale. Makes me depressed.

How sexualization in advertising affects people.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2016/01/0...tion-of-women/

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    It is the message. That women are pieces of meat. It is a form of slavery as far as I am concerned.

For me and many other women who have exposed how sex is used to sell products, it is unfortunate that selling yourself is considered ok.

Women are worth more than being an object.

I asked a really good looking man why the old guy who married Anna Nicole Smith could not see it was not love. He said it was merely a show of what he could buy with his money. Like buying a Maserati.

Women for sale. Makes me depressed.
    Oh BS. You could give a damn about slavery--you support illegal aliens. You just hate Melania.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    Oh BS. You could give a damn about slavery--you support illegal aliens. You just hate Melania.
    Ha ha. I do hate what Melania represents because it degrades women around the world. Makes them into commodities like child brides, or women who are "owned" by their abusive SO, or even the mass shooters who think that women should flock to them such as Elliot Rogers and all of the other ones who are ticked off that they don't have a woman.

Domestic violence seems to be an indicator for mass shooters. Whether they witnessed it in the home or they do it themselves. Owning women.

Believe it or not. Look around. Listen. Things in the US like the idea of legitimate rape. It is all about the woman as an object.

I go back and forth in my feelings about Melania.

On the one hand, I think she married Trumpy for the payday. Meh, that's between the two of them.

Where I sort of feel her pain is that I do not think she ever thought se would be thrust into the role of First Lady and especially in such a trainwreck administration. Her past is now an open book, and I hate that for her.

MOO is that she would prefer to be a mom to her son (and by all accounts she is a great mom) and live a quiet, less visible life. But, I suppose ya get what ya get....

As for folks questioning her status while working as a "model", it is more than fair game, especially considering her hubby's immigration bloviating.

But mostly, I do feel sorry for Melania. She definitely earned that paycheck. Ugh. Gag.

I doubt she cares too much what we think about her. I don't think she'd want to trade lives with anyone here...
    The pity seems misplaced.
    Last edited by Safeguard; 05-16-2017 at 04:01 PM.

I think she's another of Donald Trump's victims. I don't blame her for taking this opportunity to live apart from him and to keep her son away from him as well. No matter how much money and power she might have he has more.

I would like to see her get a good divorce lawyer and break away from Trump the way Katie broke away from Tom.

Documenting Trump's Abuse of Women

The part of the book that caused the most controversy concerns Trump’s divorce from his first wife, Ivana. Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’ ” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

Hurt held on to his copy of Ivana’s sealed deposition for years. “It was sworn testimony,” he said. But eventually, when he was cleaning house during his own divorce, he said, “I threw it all out.” He went on, “The larger tragedy is that Trump might be elected President of the United States. I never imagined in my wildest nightmares that it would come to this.”
    Before Hurt’s book came out, Trump’s lawyers pressured the publisher, W. W. Norton, to paste a clarifying statement from Ivana into the flyleaf of every copy. In it, she confirmed that she had said in a deposition that her husband had “raped” her, but added that she did not want those words to be interpreted in “a literal or criminal sense.” She also said, “As a woman, I felt violated.” Hurt said that he considers the note a non-denial denial, and believes that Ivana agreed to amend her words in order to secure the divorce settlement, in which she reportedly received fourteen million dollars in cash.
    Abusers don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    I go back and forth in my feelings about Melania.

On the one hand, I think she married Trumpy for the payday. Meh, that's between the two of them.

Where I sort of feel her pain is that I do not think she ever thought se would be thrust into the role of First Lady and especially in such a trainwreck administration. Her past is now an open book, and I hate that for her.

MOO is that she would prefer to be a mom to her son (and by all accounts she is a great mom) and live a quiet, less visible life. But, I suppose ya get what ya get....

As for folks questioning her status while working as a "model", it is more than fair game, especially considering her hubby's immigration bloviating.

But mostly, I do feel sorry for Melania. She definitely earned that paycheck. Ugh. Gag.
    Agree with everything you've said. I don't think she was ready to be First Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I think she's another of Donald Trump's victims. I don't blame her for taking this opportunity to live apart from him and to keep her son away from him as well. No matter how much money and power she might have he has more.

I would like to see her get a good divorce lawyer and break away from Trump the way Katie broke away from Tom.

Documenting Trump's Abuse of Women

Abusers don't change.
    I don't think she's the victim of Donald Trump. But some people seem to be victims of their hatred of him. She has quite intelligently
    discussed her reasoning for the decision to allow her son to Finish school where they currently reside. There is not one hint of victim-hood about her. And those who are determined to make her into one, might want to examine what emotional pay-off their getting for distorting the the truth about Melania Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    I don't think she's the victim of Donald Trump. But some people seem to be victims of their hatred of him. She has quite intelligently
    discussed her reasoning for the decision to allow her son to Finish school where they currently reside. There is not one hint of victim-hood about her. And those who are determined to make her into one, might want to examine what emotional pay-off their getting for distorting the the truth about Melania Trump.
    Every American woman is a victim of Trump, especially any he has literal relations with. IMO

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast