1301 users online (261 members and 1040 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 763
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    I don't think she's the victim of Donald Trump. But some people seem to be victims of their hatred of him. She has quite intelligently
    discussed her reasoning for the decision to allow her son to Finish school where they currently reside. There is not one hint of victim-hood about her. And those who are determined to make her into one, might want to examine what emotional pay-off their getting for distorting the the truth about Melania Trump.
    Victims of domestic abuse don't typically carry hints of victim-hood about them. It's one of the reasons people are so shocked to find out about it, and one of the reasons it goes on without detection. Victims seem like completely happy, normal mothers and wives in public. And being a victim does not mean one is weak either.

    I'm not getting a pay-off. I have a strong interest in and care deeply about victims of domestic abuse. I think there's a good chance she is one, just as Donald's ex-wife was. He hasn't changed.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Melania, by her own admission is a deeply private person, and has been a wonderful (IMO) mother to Baron. She puts her child above all else.

    I do not think that her pig of a husband asked for her opinion or blessing before embarking on this train wreck. I don't blame her one bit for laying low.

    However, had Michelle Obama done the same with her girls, omfg! Hannity would have torn her a new one for being anti-American and a crap FLOTUS. And we all know it's true.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Victims of domestic abuse don't typically carry hints of victim-hood about them. It's one of the reasons people are so shocked to find out about it, and one of the reasons it goes on without detection. Victims seem like completely happy, normal mothers and wives in public. And being a victim does not mean one is weak either.

    I'm not getting a pay-off. I have a strong interest in and care deeply about victims of domestic abuse. I think there's a good chance she is one, just as Donald's ex-wife was. He hasn't changed.
    Those who work as DV advocates, including myself, would strongly dispute that. When we intake DV victims for services we are well aware that there are those who falsely claim victim-hood in order to access services. But the real deal is unmistakable.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Safeguard View Post
    Those who work as DV advocates, including myself, would strongly dispute that. When we intake DV victims for services we are well aware that there are those who falsely claim victim-hood in order to access services. But the real deal is unmistakable.
    You're saying you can tell from what you've seen on TV of Melania she is not a victim of domestic abuse. Without interviewing her, examining her, or talking to her about her relationship. That's impressive. You must have some magical powers. Everything you know about her is controlled and edited and curated - approved for public consumption - but somehow you can see through it all!

    I work with victims too, and I know the brave face they put on for the world, and how shocked family members and close friends are when they learn what's happened.

    I don't blame victims for being victims.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northwestern United States
    Posts
    4,600
    I have a hard time coinciding being a domestic violence professional with the statement upthread dismissing the possibility of Melania being a victim. We've seen how he treats women. It's not a big leap to consider he may treat her as poorly as every other woman and prior wives. So, while we can't know for certain, I think when you look at his history it's more likely than not that he's at the very least emotionally abusive.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    Melania, by her own admission is a deeply private person, and has been a wonderful (IMO) mother to Baron. She puts her child above all else.

    I do not think that her pig of a husband asked for her opinion or blessing before embarking on this train wreck. I don't blame her one bit for laying low.

    However, had Michelle Obama done the same with her girls, omfg! Hannity would have torn her a new one for being anti-American and a crap FLOTUS. And we all know it's true.
    Oh yeah. Michelle was ripped apart by the right and the racists for everything she did and didn't do. I'm very proud of how she rose above it and handled herself as our First Lady.

    I don't think DJT decided to run until after they were already married and it was probably not what she signed up for.

    I'm curious to see if she moves to the WH after school is out, or if she has a new reason to stay in NYC.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northwestern United States
    Posts
    4,600
    I worked with people who criticized Michelle Obama for gardening. Seriously.

    I do, however, recognize that they don't represent every conservative out there, as that would be a generalization and, therefore, silly.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    Oh yeah. Michelle was ripped apart by the right and the racists for everything she did and didn't do. I'm very proud of how she rose above it and handled herself as our First Lady.

    I don't think DJT decided to run until after they were already married and it was probably not what she signed up for.

    I'm curious to see if she moves to the WH after school is out, or if she has a new reason to stay in NYC.

    I will bet dollars to donuts (so actually a win-win, lol) that come June, Melania will still be in NYC. And also in Sept. They will spin a reason for her absence.

    Frankly, Trump spends the bare minimum of time required in DC. I mean, it is spring and the golfing at Mira Lago is EXQUISITE. Very luxurious. After those 9-5 days Presidenting and ordering stuff and bragging about and sharing code word intel with the Russians, who WOULDN'T need to get away for a break from all the mean peoples who expected a freaking PRESIDENT?

    Not a big fat 70-year-old toddler with issues.

    Of course, I hope that come September, Melania moving to DC will be a moot point.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I have a hard time coinciding being a domestic violence professional with the statement upthread dismissing the possibility of Melania being a victim. We've seen how he treats women. It's not a big leap to consider he may treat her as poorly as every other woman and prior wives. So, while we can't know for certain, I think when you look at his history it's more likely than not that he's at the very least emotionally abusive.
    You have a "hard time" with anything that suggests that Trumps is less than Satan himself, so I'm hardly surprised.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    I will bet dollars to donuts (so actually a win-win, lol) that come June, Melania will still be in NYC. And also in Sept. They will spin a reason for her absence.

    Frankly, Trump spends the bare minimum of time required in DC. I mean, it is spring and the golfing at Mira Lago is EXQUISITE. Very luxurious. After those 9-5 days Presidenting and ordering stuff and bragging about and sharing code word intel with the Russians, who WOULDN'T need to get away for a break from all the mean peoples who expected a freaking PRESIDENT?

    Not a big fat 70-year-old toddler with issues.

    Of course, I hope that come September, Melania moving to DC will be a moot point.
    If given the choice, I would take Mar-A-Lago over corrupt & dirty D.C. anyday
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I worked with people who criticized Michelle Obama for gardening. Seriously.

    I do, however, recognize that they don't represent every conservative out there, as that would be a generalization and, therefore, silly.

    I work with people who criticized her work to combat childhood obesity by serving healthier school lunches.

    Because apples and baked potatoes are for Godless communists. Real 'Murricans eat their food processed, fried and full of salt. And have a BMI of 34.

    Which is such obnoxious crap. My parents were staunch Reagan Republicans and ALSO raised we children to eat healthy. In fact, we had a garden every summer where we all worked to grow our vegetables. My mother never allowed me to buy school lunches because she thought they were "garbage". She always said an apple was a cheaper, healthier snack than any processed foods.

    But Michelle Obama was the devil for trying to help our rapidly-growing obese children to make healthy choices.

    Mmmkay.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    Every American woman is a victim of Trump, especially any he has literal relations with. IMO
    I bet you've never even been in the same mile of DT and yet you say things like you know him personally.
    SMH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    It must be difficult to travel the moral high road when you're supporting Donald Trump.

    Rings so false.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    16,640
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    I will bet dollars to donuts (so actually a win-win, lol) that come June, Melania will still be in NYC. And also in Sept. They will spin a reason for her absence.

    Frankly, Trump spends the bare minimum of time required in DC. I mean, it is spring and the golfing at Mira Lago is EXQUISITE. Very luxurious. After those 9-5 days Presidenting and ordering stuff and bragging about and sharing code word intel with the Russians, who WOULDN'T need to get away for a break from all the mean peoples who expected a freaking PRESIDENT?

    Not a big fat 70-year-old toddler with issues.

    Of course, I hope that come September, Melania moving to DC will be a moot point.
    That's a really good point. It would be tough on the kid to move to DC and then have to travel to Florida every other week.

    Maybe Melania will spend the summer in Florida?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    If given the choice, I would take Mar-A-Lago over corrupt & dirty D.C. anyday
    Ah, but you are not the POTUS.

    In any case, DC is decidedly less disgusting when Trump is in Florida.

    We agree there.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast