975 users online (187 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Woman Stole Nurse's ID/Info, Worked 3 mo. in Hosp ICU w Elder Psych Pts.

Per article*
    A St. Louis Alexius Hosp, Nov 2016-Feb 2017.

Samantha Rivera 35 y/o was not R.N. in any state, not a nursing school grad.
    Made lofty claims re education & experience.
    Had similar 'prob in N.M.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...576ceaa40.html
    Last edited by Tricia; 05-15-2017 at 12:58 AM.

How in the heck did she work so long without getting caught? There had to be massive red flags.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

This is frightening on so many levels!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

FYI this is the hospital where the exorcism upon which The Exorcist is based actually occurred.

Related??? IDK....

Wow. I worked as a psych NP before I had kids and if somebody told me I had to work in the ICU I would absolutely pee my pants.

This woman is scary and multiple people dropped the ball big time by hiring this woman.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the MO Board of Nursing hearing about this!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    I would love to be a fly on the wall at the MO Board of Nursing hearing about this!
    IIUC - and not saying I do - gen'ly these st. prof-licensing boards do not have authority to 'do anything' to a person (formerly) employed in nursing position as she was. If not licensed, bd cannot suspend, revoke, impose restrictions, etc.

IIUC such a bd can issue a cease & desist order/letter to her to the effect - we h/bn/advised you have engaged in/are engaging in ___ [ duties/functions] in [name of state] which constitutes the practice of nursing under st law and is unlawful, criminal, per section #___ without RN license or reciprocity. Blah, blah, blah. Cease & desist immed'ly. We are referring this matter to st. atty gen and/or county prosecutor for review for criminal prosecution.
    Then crim prosecution may follow. Or may not.
    ^ JMunderstanding^, could be wrong.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the hospital's meetings w HR, executive officers & bd/directors.

Yikes.

"No degree. No skills. So how did she get a nursing job at a St. Louis hospital? "

"She also has a pending arrest warrant from New Mexico, where she faces accusations that she spent months teaching nursing without a license or having graduated from nursing school. A state official said the school’s faculty concealed her ruse and did not report her as an imposter after she was fired."

^ one of several points where 'stuff' fell between the cracks - before the stuff hit the fan. JM2cts.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...4e58aad4b.html May 21

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    IIUC - and not saying I do - gen'ly these st. prof-licensing boards do not have authority to 'do anything' to a person (formerly) employed in nursing position as she was. If not licensed, bd cannot suspend, revoke, impose restrictions, etc.

IIUC such a bd can issue a cease & desist order/letter to her to the effect - we h/bn/advised you have engaged in/are engaging in ___ [ duties/functions] in [name of state] which constitutes the practice of nursing under st law and is unlawful, criminal, per section #___ without RN license or reciprocity. Blah, blah, blah. Cease & desist immed'ly. We are referring this matter to st. atty gen and/or county prosecutor for review for criminal prosecution.
    Then crim prosecution may follow. Or may not.
    ^ JMunderstanding^, could be wrong.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the hospital's meetings w HR, executive officers & bd/directors.
    Oh- I didn't meant to watch HER before the BON- I meant when these hospitals and agencies are called in. And what a damned shame that no one acted on the staffing agency that tried and tried and finally persisted in getting her caught.

From a comment in ^ link:
    If I were her [nurse-imposter]....I'd confirm my attorney's law license (you never know where karma will appear huh).

Good idea ^ but JM2cts.