1195 users online (208 members and 987 guests)  

Websleuths News

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Police Officer Accidentally Overdoses Just by Touching White Powder

This drug is so powerful you can't even touch it without it affecting you.

From the article:
    But when he got back to the station, another officer noticed Green had white powder on his shirt.
    “Just out of instinct, he tried to brush it off — not thinking,” Wright said.
    http://fox8.com/2017/05/15/ohio-poli...ter-drug-call/

This is frightening
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.
    For a more detail explanation of why Websleuths is asking for your help CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    This drug is so powerful you can't even touch it without it affecting you.

From the article:

http://fox8.com/2017/05/15/ohio-poli...ter-drug-call/

This is frightening
    That is awful and definitely scary.

The views expressed within this post are my own point of view and are my own opinions and thoughts.

wow. this is frightening.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

He's a Police Officer - he's paid to think. How did the powder get on his shirt? Carelessness. Why did he wipe it off without gloves? Carelessness. This officer needs to be fired.
    "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" Job 38:4,7

From above link - Police said Officer Green followed protocol for handling drugs and wore gloves and a mask as he searched the suspects’ vehicle.

OMG, what a terrible tragedy! At first I thought he died. I'm so glad he survived!!! This is still so sad and so terrifying.

I can understand why he didn't think to put gloves on when he wiped the powder from his shirt. I think it's almost a reflex to see something on you and swipe it away. No one thinks it's going to kill them.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DatelineFan; 05-15-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: I thought he died.

That is some scary DEADLY stuff. Why would anyone "deal" it?
    No return customers will put you out of business fast! They know how to handle it or it would never make it to the streets.

MOO

I couldn't get the article to open for me - was it cocaine? or ???

TIA!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

I disagree that the officer was careless when he got powder on his shirt. The article says there was powder on the seats and floor. How do we expect him to reach in the car at all without a chance of getting contaminated? Have you ever tried to reach something in a high cabinet in the kitchen when there is flour on the counter? 9 times out of 10 you will probably get flour on your shirt. Same as the officer leaning into a car with stuff all over the seat. Also, when they got back to the station, the officer that overdosed may not have known that they just got back from a drug search. He may have just been coming on to his shift when it happened. Could have easily been body powder or something but unlucky for him, it wasn't. We can't expect officers to never make mistakes just like my boss doesn't expect me to never make mistakes. I don't think the officer needs to be fired at all. This is all MOO of course.

Niner, I don't see that the article said what drug it was ... maybe a combo? And did y'all notice (at least on the news page I pulled up) almost all the articles highlighted in this Cleveland newspaper dealt with heroin overdoses?!?!

I believe it was Fentanyl

suspected to be Fentanyl and Carfentanyl

http://wset.com/news/nation-world/of...ure-05-15-2017

He should be fired?

And not just affected, but overdosing! Scary stuff, indeed. Glad the officer got timely help.

Quote Originally Posted by hec60504 View Post
    He's a Police Officer - he's paid to think. How did the powder get on his shirt? Carelessness. Why did he wipe it off without gloves? Carelessness. This officer needs to be fired.
    Wow! Really? The captain called it a freak accident.

"Officer Green does a great job and it was just a freak accident that he would accidentally bump up against something while he was searching this vehicle and for him to drop out like that is shocking," Captain Wright said.

http://wset.com/news/nation-world/officer-accidentally-overdoses-after-fentanyl-exposure-05-15-2017
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

DEA issues guidelines for first responders who might encounter fentanyl:

More at link: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ame...y-drug-n768901

Green, a five year veteran, was hurt in May. He is back on the job, a dispatcher there said.

“We need everybody in the United States to understand how dangerous this is,” Rosenberg said. “Exposure to an amount equivalent to a few grains of sand can kill you.”

MOO