1083 users online (219 members and 864 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Victoria Osteen asked to leave plane, flight attendant files suit

HOUSTON - The wife of the pastor of the nation's largest church was asked to leave a plane after she failed to comply with a flight attendant's instructions, the FBI said Tuesday.

<< snip >>

"She failed to comply with the flight attendant's instructions, and they were asked to leave the flight," FBI spokeswoman Luz Garcia said without elaborating on the disagreement.

Full story: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/13451747.htm

Well, if she was asked to leave, it was MORE than a "slight disagreement." Why on earth would she think she didn't have to comply with what the airline attendant told her? Some people are just so freaking stupid.

I don't know since 9/11 airlines seem a bit uppity and superior.
    Lets keep in mind the government bails them all he time and the noteriously screw over their employees..

I understand safety but it seems they go a bit far in the leeway given to what amounts to a flying waitress.

(no offense to any stewardess I have a good friend who is and she was screwed out of retirement she put into TWICE by airlines going bankrupt like American)
    So some who remain with jobs get a bit snooty.

I mean are they taught any skill in dealing with people?
    Or just if you don't like them kick them off.. I can't recall the last time I was on a flight with a nice stewardess.

I fly from IAH and Hobby frequently and have never had a problem with either. I do know the family. While he is VERY nice, she is weird. She seems to talk condescending to everyone. Can't really stand her. My daughter is really good friends with the family so I try to keep my feelings to myself. I am only speaking my mind because no one here will know who I am. JMO though. I don't want to insult those who like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I don't know since 9/11 airlines seem a bit uppity and superior.
    Lets keep in mind the government bails them all he time and the noteriously screw over their employees..

I understand safety but it seems they go a bit far in the leeway given to what amounts to a flying waitress.

(no offense to any stewardess I have a good friend who is and she was screwed out of retirement she put into TWICE by airlines going bankrupt like American)
    So some who remain with jobs get a bit snooty.

I mean are they taught any skill in dealing with people?
    Or just if you don't like them kick them off.. I can't recall the last time I was on a flight with a nice stewardess.
    LOL dear they are Flight Attendents. Calling them Stewardess will get you the bad chicken meal and warm coke.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    LOL dear they are Flight Attendents. Calling them Stewardess will get you the bad chicken meal and warm coke.
    yeah! And something nasty in your "canned" water...oye vech!

Hmmmm....I wonder what the "disagreement" was about.
    And why they're not commenting on it.

To ask a person to leave a plane, it has to be something bigger than
    the woman wanting more ice in her Diet Coke, or something of that nature.

Anyone care to speculate??

I don't care for him and his watered down church. (No crosses, no mentions of Jesus, etc.) He is a poor man's Robert Schuller at best. Reminds me a LOT of the old televangelists, in many ways. Sounds like his wife just isn't as good of an actor as he is, perhaps. *shrugs* Dunno, maybe he is truly a nice person, at least. Just not my gut feeling.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    Hmmmm....I wonder what the "disagreement" was about.
    And why they're not commenting on it.

To ask a person to leave a plane, it has to be something bigger than
    the woman wanting more ice in her Diet Coke, or something of that nature.

Anyone care to speculate??
    She must have wanted to do something not allowed and wouldn't take no for an answer.
    If you cause a problem boarding the plane they certainly don't want to let it escalate over the course of the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    I fly from IAH and Hobby frequently and have never had a problem with either. I do know the family. While he is VERY nice, she is weird. She seems to talk condescending to everyone. Can't really stand her. My daughter is really good friends with the family so I try to keep my feelings to myself. I am only speaking my mind because no one here will know who I am. JMO though. I don't want to insult those who like her.
    I live in Houston also and he seems nice enough but I agree with you I don't like her. Do you go to church when you are here? I go to 2nd Baptist and I just love Ed Young.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws

What's the population of Kosse, Texas? You may not be as anonymous on-line as you think!

I had an experience a year ago where a person I'd just met tracked me down on the internet and shared her opinion with me about some of the things she'd read about in my posts.......

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    I live in Houston also and he seems nice enough but I agree with you I don't like her. Do you go to church when you are here? I go to 2nd Baptist and I just love Ed Young.
    We just moved from Baytown in January. I attended First Baptist Church when we lived down there in the Houston area. My daughter is a member of Olsteen's church.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    I don't care for him and his watered down church. (No crosses, no mentions of Jesus, etc.) He is a poor man's Robert Schuller at best. Reminds me a LOT of the old televangelists, in many ways. Sounds like his wife just isn't as good of an actor as he is, perhaps. *shrugs* Dunno, maybe he is truly a nice person, at least. Just not my gut feeling.
    I do think he is a nice person. I think his wife thinks she is smarter and classier than most everyone else and that is not nice. His father is truly a super GREAT preacher. Some people can't seem to handle being in the limelight. I think she is one of them. Her behavior is not flattering in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    What's the population of Kosse, Texas? You may not be as anonymous on-line as you think!

I had an experience a year ago where a person I'd just met tracked me down on the internet and shared her opinion with me about some of the things she'd read about in my posts.......
    It was my daughter that I didn't want to see my remark. I know what you mean about being anonymous. I should watch my tongue. We moved from the Houston area (Baytown) in January. I now live in Kosse, Texas. We have 400 people in this little sleepy town. LOL....far cry from the crowds of the busy city! I am sorry someone tracked you down about your comments. That really is horrible. Thanks for reminding me of the fact that we are not as well hidden as we think.

sad to read about this as it will compromise their witness. noted they were on their way to vail. perhaps it was just a quick trip? i always think it is poor form for a pastor to leave his flock at Christmas, but that is just my opinion.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast