1165 users online (182 members and 983 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Kaya Wilson, 29, murdered in her Oxon Hill home, 19 Nov 2011

Wilson was just 29 when she was killed Nov. 19, 2011. That evening, Wilson was in her Oxon Hill apartment baking cookies with her kids when a gunman entered. He was allegedly looking for her boyfriend, who wasn't home.

Wilson was fatally shot. Her 7-year-old daughter called 911.
    <snip> http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...309146091.html

Chilling 911 call from 7-yo released (child's voice not played):

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/mary...call/203311834

The man accused of Kaya Wilson's murder was acquitted. The video at the 2nd link claims the intruder/killer kicked in the wrong door.

So heartbreaking for those children.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

I'm too tired to go find a link, but I think it's a crime in Oregon to commit an act of violence in front of a child... Something like that... I support these kinds of laws.
    So sad.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flourish View Post
    I'm too tired to go find a link, but I think it's a crime in Oregon to commit an act of violence in front of a child... Something like that... I support these kinds of laws.
    So sad.
    The suspect in that case was acquitted 2 years ago, but I didn't see any updates on the family's efforts to get the law into effect. Wonder if it's something just state to state. Should be a federal law.

Also couldn't find a thread here on the case. It's just terrible to think of the memories those children must live with.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau