GUILTY OH - Toledo, WhtMale, 2 months, UP17671, May '17 & Baby Jane Doe, Feb '20 - found in cars *arrests*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Toledo police said the less than two-month-old baby is a white male. It was found in an old rundown Mustang at a house on the 2400 block of Vaness. The man who found the baby said the car was parked next to his house for years. The owner noticed a foul odor from the vehicle.

Autopsy couldn't determine the cause of death because of decomposition. Authorities weren't sure how long the child was in the car.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/N...-of-a-dead-baby-found-in-a-car-422394583.html

Toledo police said the less than two-month-old baby is a white male. It was found in an old rundown Mustang at a house on the 2400 block of Vaness. The man who found the baby said the car was parked next to his house for years. The owner noticed a foul odor from the vehicle.

Autopsy couldn't determine the cause of death because of decomposition. Authorities weren't sure how long the child was in the car.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/N...-of-a-dead-baby-found-in-a-car-422394583.html

Unconscionable behavior and so sad!

wow, well baby wasn't in that car for years or there would have been no odor at this point IMO. I imagine this will be a much bigger story soon.

Some how I feel that this baby boy belonged to a prostitute and felt that she wouldn't be able to care for him. So instead of putting him in a foster home, just put him in an abandoned car to let him die....[emoji17] sooo sad...[emoji26] I can't even believe still that he is still unidentified and there is no sketch of him or anything....

Another thing, were the windows broken??? Because how would someone be able to put a baby in an abandoned car??? Even if it was locked???

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Fresh appeal, but I don't think there's any new info (1st Dec 2018):

Toledo police are seeking the public’s help in solving a case where a baby was found dead inside a car in southwest Toledo.

Officers responded about 10:41 p.m. on May 11, 2017, to a car in the 2400 block of Vaness Drive, off Bancroft Street, and found the decomposing body of the male infant left inside.

Toledo police seek help in case where a dead baby was found in a car

Namus link:

Unidentified Person Case

11 Investigates: What will happen to Baby Doe?

safe_image.php

TOLEDO, Ohio — In May of 2017, a baby was found decomposing in a blue 1988 Ford Mustang.

The 2-month-old baby had been in left in that car in the 2400 block of Vaness Drive off Bancroft.

Two years later, Lucas County Prosecutor Julia Bates says there are still a lot of unanswered questions. "How did that baby come to be in that car in that day? How long was it there, who put it there, how did it come to be there?” Bates said.

The case remains unsolved.

"I don't think the citizens of Lucas County realize this child is actually still frozen in the morgue and when they find this out, I think they're going to be appalled."

Abandoned as a baby herself, Monica Kelsey has some strong opinions on what needs to happen for Baby Doe. Kelsey is the founder of Safe Haven Baby Boxes. "This little guy needs to be buried. He needs to have a proper burial and laid to rest," Kelsey said.

One nonprofit group wants to know why the baby - who was left cold and alone – is still cold and alone. This child's body is still sitting frozen at the morgue over two years later.

e825f464-f9ed-49ec-b540-1253303c53dd_750x422.jpg

(Baby Doe was found dead in this abandoned 1988 Mustang in May 2017)

11 Investigates: What will happen to Baby Doe?

Just to add from the above article:

Baby Doe's DNA has been used for comparison. In fact, he said it was used to rule out the family that lives in the home outside of which was parked the car that contained Baby Doe.

Can anyone find a better photo of the clothing Baby Doe was found wearing, since it's not on his NamUs profile? The hoodie looks like it has a "Little Slugger" baseball patch near the front pocket. Those mittens are newborn "scratch mitts," meant to keep young infants from injuring their faces with their nails when they suck on their fingers, and all of the clothing appears reasonably modern and not very worn. (Not that newborn clothing tends to wear out.) If we had brand names and labels we could at least find out when the clothing was made, which might give some idea of when Baby Doe was placed in the car.

The little mittens really stood out to me. My parents couldn't keep mine on and I still have a few little scars! Seeing them made me feel like someone was caring for him. He was (supposedly) clean and relatively well-dressed. When I read the title of the thread I pictured him wearing only a dirty diaper or something, so I was surprised to see his clothing - right down to the little socks and mittens.

Agreed, and I'm not entirely convinced Baby Doe's mother was the one who left him there. She may be a crime victim herself, with anyone who knew the family thinking she left town with her baby.

It would also be useful to have a description and/or photos of the blankets. Were they full-sized bedding or baby blankets? And it's not mentioned, but was the baby wearing a diaper? Brand and size? Companies change the designs/styles of diapers every so often and even that could hint at a possible date when Baby Doe was alive.

Not saying it's impossible based on past tragic cases, but something doesn't seem right. Someone was apparently doing a pretty good job as a parent, dressing their child in clean, matching, (likely) seasonally-appropriate clothes, with no indication of any past injuries, underfeeding, etc. and then he ended up in a car like that. :(

LE don't have a name yet, but they have his parents.

A Toledo couple were arrested Monday in the case of a baby found dead in an abandoned car in 2017, authorities said.

Jenna Cisneros, 34, and Jacob Cisneros, 33, both of the 300 block of South Reynolds Road, are charged Toledo Municipal Court with involuntary manslaughter, a first-degree felony, and endangering children, a third-degree felony. They were being held in the Lucas County jail pending bond hearings Tuesday at Toledo Municipal Court.

Couple arrested in 2017 case of baby found dead in abandoned car

While the parents of an infant found decomposing in an abandoned vehicle in 2017 have been identified and charged, authorities said Tuesday they still don’t know much about the baby, including his name.

[...]

Lt. Daniel Gerken of Toledo Police investigative services said in a news conference later Tuesday morning that the Cisneroses were identified after the baby’s DNA was recently submitted to AdvanceDNA, a private company that specializes in forensic genealogy. Both Mr. and Mrs. Cisneros were connected directly to the infant through genetic genealogy, the lieutenant said.

Toledo couple charged in baby's 2017 death; investigators seeking information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back