1556 users online (254 members and 1302 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi View Post
    New court date for the sentnecing and the judge situation
    December 12, 2017
    Upcoming Court Dates at the Hall of Justice:
    December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Dept. 40

They sure are dragging this one out.....
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Emi is online now CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    This is the response to the request files earlier
    Attached Files Attached Files

Emi is online now CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/1...-final-stages/

His lawyers had tried to disqualify Judge Vanessa A. Zecher, arguing that her failure to disclose that she had once represented the lead investigator in the case — whose credibility has come under fire — rendered her unfit to proceed with the final stages of the case.

But a San Francisco judge appointed to handle the defense motion ruled last week that Zecher, who had presided over the months-long death penalty trial, can be fair and impartial. The next hearing in the case is set for Dec. 12.
    part from the article which is quite important

The judge will not be removed from this case and therefore we are hoping he will be sentenced on December 12

Yes, according to this San Francisco newspaper....

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...est-new-judge/

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — A San Francisco County Superior Court judge denied a motion from
    Antolin Garcia-Torres, the convicted killer of Morgan Hill teen Sierra LaMar, to remove the judge presiding over the case and a request for a new trial because of what Garcia-Torres alleges to be a conflict from the past, the Santa Clara Superior Court announced Wednesday.

“Garcia-Torres has not met the heavy burden required to establish the appearance of bias,” San Francisco Superior Court Judge Jeffrey S. Ross wrote in the analysis part of the decision.
    [.....]
    The sentencing for Garcia-Torres is now scheduled for Dec. 12 at the Santa Clara County Hall of Justice in San Jose.

Finally!!!

JUSTICE for SIERRA!!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

Upcoming Court Dates at the Hall of Justice:
    December 1, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. in Dept. 40
    December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Dept. 40

Good morning there is a status hearing today
    Just found about this yesterday if anything comes up will let you guys know

Hello,
    There is something going on today here is the minute order from Friday

Minute order from Monday the 4th of December

Most likely no tweets on Tuesday sentencing
    Last edited by Emi; 12-06-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Thumbs up

Yes FINALLY!!!

*Sentencing Hearing @ 9am PT - CA - Sierra LaMar (15) (Mar. 16, 2012) - Antolin Garcia-Torres (26) found guilty of 1st degree murder & attempted kidnapping of 3 other women-expected sentence - LWOP from 9-14-17 date: The sentencing hearing for the man convicted of killing missing teen Sierra LaMar was abruptly postponed Thursday after defense attorneys moved to disqualify the judge for failing to disclose a potentially significant conflict of interest, which they claim is grounds for a new trial in the capital case. The defense learned Wednesday after working with Judge Vanessa A. Zecher for more than a year that she had once represented the prosecution’s lead investigator, Sheriff’s Sgt. Herman Leon, whose integrity has become a major issue in the Sierra trial and in another recent murder case. According to multiple sources, the judge said she did not recall representing Leon until defense attorneys brought up the issue as grounds for disqualifying her from sentencing him Friday, and for a new trial. The motion for disqualification is set to be heard in late October, most likely by a judge from outside the county. 10/4 Update: Next court hearing date Oct. 16th. 10/16 Update: moved to Nov. 6th at 9am New court date for the sentencing and the judge situation to December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Dept. 40. 11/16 update - Judge denies motion to disqualify judge & new trial.Sentencing Today!

I'm getting this message with ALL the above:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at twitter;940624643118972928.
    If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
    Check your network connection.
    If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4‏ @KRON4RFladeboe
    1m1 minute ago

Defense introduces motion for “evidentiary hearing” as part of motion for new trial as sentencing looms for #AntolinGarciaTorres, convicted in murder of #SierraLaMar. Hearing happening now.

@Rob Fladeboe kron4‏ @KRON4RFladeboe
    8m8 minutes ago

Sgt Herman Leon, crime scene investigator in Sierra LaMar murder case takes stand. Defense infers his testimony in previous cases about suspects wearing gloves contradicts his testimony in this case.

tracey kaplan‏Verified account @tkaplanreport
    11m11 minutes ago

#SierraLaMar hearing begins with BANG! Sgt Herman Leon takes stand. Def trying to prove he “testilied” during this trial/falsified evidence. Stems from a ruling by another judge in a different murder trial who found he gave false testimony, saying 30-40% of stabbing suspects...

#SierraLaMar ...wore gloves when actually zero stabbing suspects in sheriff’s cases did so. Leon says today that his testimony was an “ educated guess”: “It May very well be wrong but it wasn’t false.” Leon’s testimony in that case helped tip the balance in favor of conviction.

#SierraLaMar:my educated guess is Judge Vanessa A. Zecher will deny this motion for new trial, which also relies on the allegation that Leon planted hair evidence in this case. But Defense needs to put it on record as grounds for Garcia-Torres’ appeal.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast