1118 users online (156 members and 962 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    30,016

    His Own Worst Enemy, Ill-Suited to Lead

    Washington Post:

    Donald Trump is his administration’s own worst enemy

    From Russian interference to the raid in Yemen and the resignation of
    Mike Flynn: assessing the blame.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,658
    Thank you for the thread.

    The title says it all

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,690
    Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.


    “I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.


    The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    30,016

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

    WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.


    “I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.


    The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
    I don't really understand why this is so difficult to believe. I know lots of powerful people in the private sector who operate just this way and I'm quite confident Trump's done it many, many times over the years. This is most likely the first time he tried it with someone whose soul isn't for sale.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I don't really understand why this is so difficult to believe. I know lots of powerful people in the private sector who operate just this way and I'm quite confident Trump's done it many, many times over the years. This is most likely the first time he tried it with someone whose soul isn't for sale.
    Oh, absolutely! This is what we all should have expected when we elected a businessman to run the country. He is using tactics that work very well to run a private business. Unfortunately, that's not how the government works.

    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    30,016
    Slate:

    230 Things Donald Trump Has Said and Done That Make Him Unfit to Be President

    And these are only up to last November.

    Washington Post:

    ‘I will give you everything.’ Here are 282 of Donald Trump’s campaign promises.

    These are also from last November.

    All you need to remember is: it's gotten a thousand times worse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Three decades ago, I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write his first book, “The Art of the Deal,” and got to know him very well. I spent hundreds of hours listening to him, watching him in action and interviewing him about his life. To me, none of what he has said or done over the past four months as president comes as a surprise. The way he has behaved over the past week — firing FBI Director James B. Comey, undercutting his own aides as they tried to explain the decision and disclosing sensitive information to Russian officials — is also entirely predictable.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.d8f8cb2f69e5

    I put this in the Vent About Trump thread - but this is probably a better spot for it. Scary s**t!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in TX from ARKANSAS
    Posts
    2,406
    [QUOTE=Fairy1;13381832]Three decades ago, I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write [URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book

    That's really super hilarious, and stupid funny to me because that's what I call the Orange Terror/ Scary S***!!!!!!
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,268
    Revenge is a gun with no powder.

    In the end & for all your wishes for DT to be gone; you will have won nothing.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    15,216
    In latest travel ban appeals case, Trump is his own worst enemy

    Lurking over this case is the unpredictable President Trump himself. If this were an ordinary president, making ordinary claims of security, this executive order would more likely be constitutional. The government would be in a much stronger position if he kept his mouth shut about this issue after inauguration. But that, apparently, is beyond the limits of his self-control.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Revenge is a gun with no powder.

    In the end & for all your wishes for DT to be gone; you will have won nothing.
    Not about revenge. In the end, I should think we all want the same thing - for our country to be in the best possible hands.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    15,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Not about revenge. In the end, I should think we all want the same thing - for our country to be in the best possible hands.
    Well said. That's exactly it. Revenge has nothing to do with it. It's about wanting America to be okay.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where the big sharks come to play
    Posts
    5,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Not about revenge. In the end, I should think we all want the same thing - for our country to be in the best possible hands.
    Obviously.
    My point is that if in fact DT is gone (by whatever method), I don't think it will be an easy transition & we will feel the afterburner. 'Just trying to put a pause in the exuberance going on at the latest "scandals" & news.

    I hope I'm wrong but we'll see
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

    This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    Revenge is a gun with no powder.

    In the end & for all your wishes for DT to be gone; you will have won nothing.
    Except for getting an unfit, corrupt, narcissistic, delusional divisionist out of the WH.

    I am totally serious when I say that Pence looks good next to Trump.

    (Dies a little inside)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY Bradley Manning guilty on 5 counts of espionage, not guilty of aiding, abetting enemy
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-17-2017, 08:31 AM
  2. Who will be lead counsel?
    By ziggy in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
  3. Gorilla-suited prankster caught
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 08:53 AM