1118 users online (156 members and 962 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

His Own Worst Enemy, Ill-Suited to Lead

Washington Post:

Donald Trump is his administration’s own worst enemy

From Russian interference to the raid in Yemen and the resignation of
    Mike Flynn: assessing the blame.

Thank you for the thread.

The title says it all

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
    I don't really understand why this is so difficult to believe. I know lots of powerful people in the private sector who operate just this way and I'm quite confident Trump's done it many, many times over the years. This is most likely the first time he tried it with someone whose soul isn't for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I don't really understand why this is so difficult to believe. I know lots of powerful people in the private sector who operate just this way and I'm quite confident Trump's done it many, many times over the years. This is most likely the first time he tried it with someone whose soul isn't for sale.
    Oh, absolutely! This is what we all should have expected when we elected a businessman to run the country. He is using tactics that work very well to run a private business. Unfortunately, that's not how the government works.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Slate:

230 Things Donald Trump Has Said and Done That Make Him Unfit to Be President

And these are only up to last November.

Washington Post:

‘I will give you everything.’ Here are 282 of Donald Trump’s campaign promises.

These are also from last November.

All you need to remember is: it's gotten a thousand times worse.

Three decades ago, I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write his first book, “The Art of the Deal,” and got to know him very well. I spent hundreds of hours listening to him, watching him in action and interviewing him about his life. To me, none of what he has said or done over the past four months as president comes as a surprise. The way he has behaved over the past week — firing FBI Director James B. Comey, undercutting his own aides as they tried to explain the decision and disclosing sensitive information to Russian officials — is also entirely predictable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.d8f8cb2f69e5

I put this in the Vent About Trump thread - but this is probably a better spot for it. Scary s**t!

[QUOTE=Fairy1;13381832]Three decades ago, I spent nearly a year hanging around Trump to write [URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/book

That's really super hilarious, and stupid funny to me because that's what I call the Orange Terror/ Scary S***!!!!!!
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Revenge is a gun with no powder.

In the end & for all your wishes for DT to be gone; you will have won nothing.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

In latest travel ban appeals case, Trump is his own worst enemy

Lurking over this case is the unpredictable President Trump himself. If this were an ordinary president, making ordinary claims of security, this executive order would more likely be constitutional. The government would be in a much stronger position if he kept his mouth shut about this issue after inauguration. But that, apparently, is beyond the limits of his self-control.

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post

Not about revenge. In the end, I should think we all want the same thing - for our country to be in the best possible hands.

Not about revenge. In the end, I should think we all want the same thing - for our country to be in the best possible hands.
    Well said. That's exactly it. Revenge has nothing to do with it. It's about wanting America to be okay.

Obviously.
    My point is that if in fact DT is gone (by whatever method), I don't think it will be an easy transition & we will feel the afterburner. 'Just trying to put a pause in the exuberance going on at the latest "scandals" & news.

I hope I'm wrong but we'll see
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post

Except for getting an unfit, corrupt, narcissistic, delusional divisionist out of the WH.

I am totally serious when I say that Pence looks good next to Trump.

(Dies a little inside)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast