Dani Mathers' body-shaming case will go to trial

SweetCaroline

Reaction score
http://www.klkntv.com/story/35443536/playboy-model-loses-bid-to-toss-out-privacy-invasion-case

Dani Mathers is the Playboy model who took a picture of an elderly naked woman in a locker room at the gym and posted it on her Snapchat story with the intent to mock the lady's body. She's been charged with invading the lady's privacy.

She had tried to get the case thrown out because the laws are vague about whether someone is identifiable or not.
The judge would not throw the case out. :happydance:

Really? God people are stupid. An elderly woman mocked for her body... I hope she knows shes going to look like that some day. It's the same with people who take sneaky pictures of overweight people... especially at the gym. They're there to better themselves and you just make fun of them. People are so cruel

Personally, I think taking a nude photo of someone without consent should be a crime regardless of what you intend to do with the photo.

I've heard about people posing nude photos of their ex's online to be mean. Does anyone know if they typically get charged?

I've heard about people posing nude photos of their ex's online to be mean. Does anyone know if they typically get charged?

Im pretty sure revenge *advertiser censored* is illegal

I'm not sure, but presumably those exes either took the photos themselves and sent them to their partners at the time, or they were taken with their consent. IMO, still wrong to post them, but people have to remember that when you send nude photos there are numerous ways they can get out. This is much different than taking a nude photo of someone without their knowledge or consent. I agree with the poster above that this should absolutely be a crime.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What the hell is WRONG WITH PEOPLE? god help us

What's the potential penalty for this should she be found guilty? I hope the victim can still sue her civilly after the trial regardless of the outcome. And I hope the perp realizes how disgustingly wrong she was.

Photographing anyone without their knowledge has to be a crime.
Elderly people are not ashamed of their bodies, in fact - years ago there was a group of elderly people who posed for calendars. "The aged calendar girls" all in their 70s and 80s. Actually they have probably all passed by now.
What the perp did was horribly wrong. Some aged people would pose for calendars if anyone asked them, but photographing them to shame them - she should be prosecuted for it. She will look like that one day - and it will happen sooner than she thinks.

Lol....really?....then paparazzi wouldn't exist, they would all be in jail

if you are in a public place, anybody can walk up to you and take your picture or video you, they don't need your permission, there are no laws against that...paparazzi make a living doing that,

the reason why this person was charged is because a change room is not considered a public place, the woman didn't even have to be nude, it would still be against the law even if she was fully clothed,

Many places have laws prohibiting photographing private areas under a person's clothing without that person's permission. This also applies to any filming of another within a public restroom or locker room. Some jurisdictions have banned the use of a telephone with camera functionality within a restroom or locker room in order to prevent this. The United States enacted the Video Voyeurism Prevention Act of 2004 to punish those who intentionally capture an individual's private areas without consent, when the person knew the subject had an expectation of privacy.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/s1301/summary

Gravity and age will catch up with this <modsnip> one day and it won't be so funny. But maybe she'll be in jail and it'll be even less funny.... for her. Karma.

Many places have laws prohibiting photographing private areas under a person's clothing without that person's permission. This also applies to any filming of another within a public restroom or locker room. Some jurisdictions have banned the use of a telephone with camera functionality within a restroom or locker room in order to prevent this. The United States enacted the Video Voyeurism Prevention Act of 2004 to punish those who intentionally capture an individual's private areas without consent, when the person knew the subject had an expectation of privacy.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/108/s1301/summary

Yes, Oregon passed a law against "upskirting" a couple of years ago. It applies even if the victim is wearing underwear and is in a public place.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton/index.ssf/2015/04/oregon_house_passes_bill_banni.html

There's actually been a couple of those type of sites shut down, where you could send in nude photos of your exes. Don't remember all of the specifics as it was a few years back but I think the FTC got involved on one of the more popular ones.

That may be practical on private property but simply is not where public spaces are concerned. Otherwise you'd never be able to take a photo in the street unless it was completely deserted.

She pleaded "no contest".

After Dani Mathers' plea to a charge of misdemeanor invasion of privacy, she was sentenced to 45 days in jail or 30 days of community service removing graffiti.

Her lawyer said Mathers, 30, will opt for the graffiti removal.

As part of her plea, Mathers will be on probation for three years and cannot take pictures of people or post them online without their permission.

http://abc7.com/news/playboy-playmate-sentenced-to-probation-in-body-shaming-case/2031883/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back