1260 users online (186 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

News Sources

I would like to know - sincerely - on what legit news sources people are relying.

No more hyperlinks - reveal your sources!

Me:

Yahoo
    MSN
    CNN
    Daily Mail
    BBC
    Websleuths links
    Slate
    Last edited by Fairy1; 05-16-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Forgot one!

It varies for me. Right now I'm reading and probably will post a CBS article. Also CNN, BBC, New York Times, Washington Post.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I would like to know - sincerely - on what legit news sources people are relying.

No more hyperlinks - reveal your sources!
    I don't see the point - even when you link an approved (by Websleuths) MSM news source you're criticized for it.

It's easier for someone to find fault with your legit source so they don't have to put up a logical argument. You know the drill.
    Last edited by BayouBelle_LA; 05-16-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBelle_LA View Post
    I don't see the point - even when you link an approved (by Websleuths) MSM news source you're criticized for it.

It's easier for someone to find fault with your legit source so they don't have to put up a logical argument. You know the drill.
    They don't have to put up a logical argument - just an opposing source.

And so it goes...

I should like to believe that - at least the peeps here - can form their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    They don't have to put up a logical argument - just an opposing source.

And so it goes...

I should like to believe that - at least the peeps here - can form their own opinions.
    The thing is they don't put up an opposing source - just a complaint about the source you used.

Time Magazine Confirms Its 'Independence'

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ts-indepedence

Time magazine’s parent company was a top donor to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign - a factor that may help explain the publication’s obsession with blaming Russian president Vladimir Putin for “rigging” the U.S. presidential election.

I wouldn't read Time for honest political reporting.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Mine:

www.Reuters.com
    www.qz.com

And then I use MSN.com and Google News to jump to the other major MSMs.

And I keep printouts of the new bias charts on my desk so I can gauge the credibility of whatever I am reading.
    FACT: Only 19.41% of total US Citizens made the effort to place their vote for Trump, and he won. GET OUT AND VOTE!

Trump/Russia Timeline: http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyRegistered View Post
    The upper portion of this graphic is awesome - thanks! I've seen the lower portion before, that's been making the rounds and that is definitely produced from a leftward slant. But the top seems pretty balanced.

It is interesting to see that previous posters tend to read almost exclusively from left-leaning sites.

I usually start my day with RealClearPolitics. It's listed as right leaning, and its own created content is mildly right leaning. However, their home page every morning lists a selection of articles about trending topics from both sides of the political aisle, and often in counterpoint to one another. Very helpful quick lifehack if you want to see what is being talked about today from a variety of perspectives.

Anyway after I've checked out the links at RCP I like to look at CNN and Fox News and just kind of compare what stories each is covering and not covering and how each side is spinning the topic of the day.

Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight is a must read during election season.

Most days that's enough reading material but if I'm bored and have time I like to check out sites like The Atlantic, Reason, (which gives a libertarian perspective), the Federalist Society. I'm kind of a law geek so I also read Volokh Conspiracy (another libertarian site) and SCOTUSblog.

There are several issues I have with the MSM.
    First is their source, there is so much leaking and unmasking going on which is illegal. Where are they getting the documents and information which should be classified? It is like a feeding frenzy and the public is blindly trusting what the media spoon feeds them.
    I consider it a form of gas lighting. And there is an agenda...

My next issue is follow the money. Who owns the media in question and what is their political agenda? The media reporting is blatantly biased.

We all know when we follow missing persons cases that journalism has declined. Also we are aware that Le controls the information released and may LIE to the public if it helps their strategy. We are able to use critical thinking to predict reasons or outcomes behind their efforts. We sleuth behind the scenes and gather information (even rumors) to come to our own theories about what might be going on behind the scene, who the good guys are and who the potential suspects might be. But we cant come to WS and post rumors, and information we have gathered on the family. What we work with and gather from MSM can be far from accurate and it sometimes misleads us.

I don't see why it is so difficult for some people to understand why TRUMP was elected. This is more of the unacceptable (criminal) conduct by the Democrats (which went unpunished) and the country has become a lawless, pathetic, vile bunch of lying, whining, losers. The media is a huge part of the misinformation and obvious smoke and mirrors we are being expected to make sense of. They just keep piling on more crap and it is falling on the American public-the ***** stinks!

I will continue to support TRUMP and I will continue to hope and pray that at the end of this mess HC and OBAMA administration (whoever is involved) will be convicted of the crimes they are covering up. This rotten stink goes deep.

JMO
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

New York Times

The New Yorker

Washington Post

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    This rotten stink goes deep.

JMO
    snip

Not as deep as treason.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    New York Times

The New Yorker

Washington Post
    But but but they are "liberal rags". Damn you and your facts!

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    New York Times

Guardian

The New Yorker

Washington Post
    And how did I forget the Guardian? (Looks up.) There it is.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast